Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The opening ceremony was absolutely brilliant. I welled up a few times, but then Tim Berners Lee getting proper, well-deserved recognition pushed me over the edge. Then the 7/7 bit. I was actually sobbing.

Other favourite bits were the lesbian kiss from brookie getting broadcast worldwide, the Mary Poppinses, the literal passing of the torch to the next generation to light the cauldron and of course the Queen and Bond.

Brilliant stuff. :D

Was out at A Winter's Tale last night. What a weird play, but brilliant nonetheless. One of the guys (playing a woman) gave some fella in the front row a lapdance at one stage, LOL.

Brought James for his haircut to "the lady" this morning. He's looking dapper now and we went to Next and he chose some clothes and tried on different things. Lovely mama-son morning and he's in much better form today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

So we meet Dublin next. Wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hehe

tumblr_m7qc43xv3u1qb2rfwo1_500.gif?w=500&h=281

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I got a packet of 56 painkillers - hope this isn't because they are expecting me to be in bits in the next few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Never said he wasn't entitled to it. A good night text would have been nice but I've been told that's obviously too much to expect.

Missing a good night text is pretty standard when you've been together a while and/or aren't 15 :p
    Lyaiera wrote: »
    My sleeping continues to be a bit awful. I went to bed at maybe 2.30am. I didn't get to sleep until it was quite bright outside and I felt unwell all that time in bed. I woke up about 2pm and felt wonderful though. I've made arrangements to meet a friend for quiet pints, just the two of us in the local relaxing (will be good after a hectic night bbq'ing and clubbing last night.)

That's so late to go to bed, maybe go earlier? Would probably help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I got a packet of 56 painkillers - hope this isn't because they are expecting me to be in bits in the next few days!

Nah, it's probably so you don't have to make a load of trips to the chemist if the pain gets worse. I've to get taxis everywhere since my accident (still waiting on the new bike) so when I get painkillers from my G.P. he gives me at least a box of 60 tablets because (a) he knows I'm not made of money for trekking to the chemist every few days and (b) he knows I'm in too much pain to be trekking anywhere.

Heading into my fourth month off work now, the horror :(

So bored.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Nah, it's probably so you don't have to make a load of trips to the chemist if the pain gets worse. I've to get taxis everywhere since my accident (still waiting on the new bike) so when I get painkillers from my G.P. he gives me at least a box of 60 tablets because (a) he knows I'm not made of money for trekking to the chemist every few days and (b) he knows I'm in too much pain to be trekking anywhere.

Heading into my fourth month off work now, the horror :(

So bored.

Reason why its unusual is because the nurse said that these tablets were fairly hard on my stomach - one lot (Ixprim) are the same as my mother is taking and are highly addictive - and said that nurofen and paracetamol would do perfectly! Its actually a weeks worth of them if I was taking the max needed - but I won't be!

Just as well we have the drug payment scheme, Mam got 8 of them from a doctor in Kerry cos she ran out, paid something like 30 or 40 euro for them!! Did some of the exercises today, gonna do more after I ice my knee

4 months off??? I'm bored today, despite having the Olympics on! Brother has the sitting room with the gf, I'm down in my parents room with RTE2 only - time to do more work on my blog I think! Kinda nervous with the brace and tubigrip off

Reason why its unusual is because the nurse said that these tablets were fairly hard on my stomach - one lot (Ixprim) are the same as my mother is taking and are highly addictive - and said that nurofen and paracetamol would do perfectly! Its actually a weeks worth of them if I was taking the max needed - but I won't be!

Just as well we have the drug payment scheme, Mam got 8 of them from a doctor in Kerry cos she ran out, paid something like 30 or 40 euro for them!! Did some of the exercises today, gonna do more after I ice my knee

4 months off??? I'm bored today, despite having the Olympics on! Brother has the sitting room with the gf, I'm down in my parents room with RTE2 only - time to do more work on my blog I think! Kinda nervous with the brace and tubigrip off

Yeah I'm on ixprim too (despite my allergy to paracetamol I haven't had any bad reaction to them thankfully). They're rotten, really rough on the stomach. So bloody expensive as well :mad:

I'm definitely going to have to get on the drugs payment scheme thing. One of my inhalers has gone up from €85 to €119 so my monthly spend will finally be over the threshold. Oh the silver lining :rolleyes:

Yep, four months. I work in a 4 storey building, stairs only and my office is up 3 flights of stairs (with no option to relocate downstairs even temporarily) so I can't go back until I can walk properly and I'm still not there yet. So close to tearing my hair out lately. My boss, my physio and I are hoping that I'll be back in work the first week of September. Thankfully my boss is a litigation solicitor so understands exactly what I'm going through and is being very understanding.

We've no stairs in our house but we've one step at our front door so the physio has me doing step ups on that to try to get my foot flexing and build up my calf muscles. I look like a crazy person stuck on the front step :P

Acoshla wrote: »
    Missing a good night text is pretty standard when you've been together a while and/or aren't 15 :p

I guess. I'm too sensitive, I know.

And the drugs payment scheme threshold has gone up to €132 since the last time I checked it out :rolleyes: great

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm on ixprim too (despite my allergy to paracetamol I haven't had any bad reaction to them thankfully). They're rotten, really rough on the stomach. So bloody expensive as well :mad:

I'm definitely going to have to get on the drugs payment scheme thing. One of my inhalers has gone up from €85 to €119 so my monthly spend will finally be over the threshold. Oh the silver lining :rolleyes:

We've no stairs in our house but we've one step at our front door so the physio has me doing step ups on that to try to get my foot flexing and build up my calf muscles. I look like a crazy person stuck on the front step :P

I've been there with the step ups, using the front door step! Well worth doing them right!

Yeah, gone up to 132 - 5 of us are on medications, Mams alone would take it well above the threshold, besides the other 4 of us!

I've been there with the step ups, using the front door step! Well worth doing them right!

Yeah, gone up to 132 - 5 of us are on medications, Mams alone would take it well above the threshold, besides the other 4 of us!

It's just me with the health problems here, himself is lucky enough to not need long-term medication. When it was €120 I used to come in just under it every month and they wouldn't let me bulk buy so I didn't see the point so when I got my inhaler yesterday I was thinking it's finally worth my while but now that it's gone up I'll only be saving about a tenner and I still won't be allowed bulk buy. It's madness, found the price of the inhaler on the HSE website and it's €55 to buy wholesale but chemists have the price jacked up to €119 or thereabouts now.

It's just me with the health problems here, himself is lucky enough to not need long-term medication. When it was €120 I used to come in just under it every month and they wouldn't let me bulk buy so I didn't see the point so when I got my inhaler yesterday I was thinking it's finally worth my while but now that it's gone up I'll only be saving about a tenner and I still won't be allowed bulk buy. It's madness, found the price of the inhaler on the HSE website and it's €55 to buy wholesale but chemists have the price jacked up to €119 or thereabouts now.

Thats madness of a mark-up! I came home from the UK with a load of packets of paracetamol, 16 packet for about 30c - cheapest here is about €1.50 :eek:

Better get the brace on before I end up falling asleep - tablets have kinda taken hold I think!

Oh I forgot I got a thingy for icing cupcakes in Tullamore earlier in a shop called Kit Your Kitchen.. My brother had to drag me out of there.. Everything was so pretty! He also had to drag me out of a book shop because I was looking at all the lovely new stationary longingly.. :o

Oh I forgot I got a thingy for icing cupcakes in Tullamore earlier in a shop called Kit Your Kitchen.. My brother had to drag me out of there.. Everything was so pretty! He also had to drag me out of a book shop because I was looking at all the lovely new stationary longingly.. :o

What kind of thingy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Thats madness of a mark-up! I came home from the UK with a load of packets of paracetamol, 16 packet for about 30c - cheapest here is about €1.50 :eek:

Better get the brace on before I end up falling asleep - tablets have kinda taken hold I think!

lol, nothing worse than taking tablets, tablets kick in and then you have to wobble up to the loo or something!

What kind of thingy?

It looks like a big syringe.. :o

It looks like a big syringe.. :o

Ah.

Ah.

Did I waste my money?? :o

• Advertisement

Did I waste my money?? :o

Am, wellllll...I've never used one and my mother stopped using hers 20 years ago, they're a bit gimmicky and one of the first things lots of people buy for cupcake decorating, then give up on. But I mean some people must use them! They were the original way of icing things in the early 1900's-ish.

lol, nothing worse than taking tablets, tablets kick in and then you have to wobble up to the loo or something!

I had to ring my brother to bring down my inhaler, I had my brace and tubigrip off icing my knee and only one crutch :o

Am, wellllll...I've never used one and my mother stopped using hers 20 years ago, they're a bit gimmicky and one of the first things lots of people buy for cupcake decorating, then give up on. But I mean some people must use them! They were the original way of icing things in the early 1900's-ish.

Ah. Well I'll give it a go and see how I get on. The other things I got ages ago were useless.. They were like this..

i have a plain ol icing bag
    http://www.wilton.com/store/images/site_images/417-173_m.jpg
    it's great
    those other things look strange

bluewolf wrote: »
    it's great

Yeah they weren't great.

This is what I got today, except mine is white.

bluewolf wrote: »
    it's great

Yep they're squeezy shite. Piping bag is best, but people like gadgets, Avoca would be struggling if people didn't like buying novelty gadgets that are useless and unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I use a big silicone icing bag, I think its the best after trying many types!

I miss all my baking stuff, its back in Ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

tumblr_m7w6j2E52W1r7uinno1_500.jpg

Its a Lilmissprincess book - I wasn't aware it was an actual Little Miss! Found it today!

PharmNS wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in...........just make sure that you have been charged for the correct inhaler. Unless your prescription has actually been changed/increased I'm surprised the price has increased considering its a high cost item already. I say that because Boots (and some other pharmacies) recent changes to prices means that some items have gotten dearer but they would be relatively cheap things. In the greater scheme of things drug costs are generally falling.

You may have gotten the right inhaler but make sure the label & receipt are correct too as this will be what the computer charges for. E.G. Maybe seretide 500 was put through instead of 250. Or symbicort 400/12 instead of 200/6. Mistakes can happen unfortunately. Or you might just be unlucky being on an item that has had an unusual price increase :(

As an aside the prices listed by the HSE are often given without the correct context. I don't know exactly where you got the figure but often the prices listed are for the cost to the wholesaler. They then add on markup and costs before selling on to the pharmacist. So no pharmacist can get their hands on the medicines for the prices quoted.

Sorry for the long winded post, Im just stumped why your inhaler has jumped in price so much!

Nah, it's all correct, checked and double checked (on this inhaler 7 years now) because I nearly fell off the chair when my boyfriend came home and told me my prescriptions had cost €130:(

I rang the chemist afterwards to double check also and the woman on the phone was so ignorant (you know the way chemists don't like anyone questioning their pricing - well in my experience they don't anyway) and insisted the price was correct and the same across the board so I rang 3 other chemists in the area and they all quoted near enough the same price.

I got that information from the HSE website. If you google it, you'll find it. They have a list of most medication and have the wholesale price listed.

Stumped? Join the club!

• Advertisement

How's this for random.. Bf just texted me saying there's a guy in the nip in the takeaway that he's in! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement