Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Brother is staying over with gf, after telling me he was just dropping her home :rolleyes: load of washing up left in the kitchen, plus I've to deal with the kitten in the morning

Sent him a text about the washing up, and he basically said do I want my life tomorrow or not - so angry with him right now, could have told me he was staying before he left, they could have made an effort at their washing that they left since Thursday when the two of them made dinner out here - grrrrr!

Went up to the sitting room - my near full bottle of Coke is pretty much gone :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The pre-marriage course was great! As much as I thought we'd it all figured out there were still a few things we hadn't thought about. It was even borderline emotional in places, and generally just lovely :) Now I know for sure I'll be a blubbering mess on the day!

Now to figure out what to buy my mother for her birthday next week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

PharmNS wrote: »
    Well I am a pharmacist and I have no issue with anyone questioning the price of an item. If I did I wouldn't be trying to help you get to the bottom of why yours jumped in price!

If the price went up it was because the manufacturer decided to increase the price. The pharmacy has to pass that along to the customer. I didn't know any of the inhalers got dearer but I was on hols for a fortnight so must have missed the correspondence from the drug company.

Again, the prices on the HSE lists aren't necessarily the prices at which the drugs are actually available to the pharmacist. The government actually set the cost of drugs in this country (HSE & IPHA in agreement) but they don't like to admit that!!

Okey dokey then.

The list I found has both the wholesale price and reimbursement price and going on that list, there is some serious rip-off going on.

It's the Seretide 250 Evohaler.

Not saying all pharmacists are rip-off merchants but 4 in my local area all charging such a high price is very telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Hmm my oven's been acting up recently and I was googling info on it. Now I've found out it's on a list of dangerous ovens- high risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Good thing I've my CO2 alarm. Going to have to call someone and find out what I do with it now :/

PharmNS wrote: »
    I'll check it out on Monday. Prices for drugs vary very little between pharmacies. But that's because the cost of the drug is the same to all the pharmacies. It's not that there's price fixing going on. Very few pharmacies vary from the standard pricing models. But any pharmacy is free to if they want and some have recently eg Boots.

Ah yeah I'd say most people know that. My boyfriend was convinced if I rang somewhere else that they'd say they were still charging the old price for it, as I said already he's fortunate enough to not be taking any long-term medication, so I rang around anyway but I knew I wouldn't find any huge difference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ah sh*t, tablets are working but making my stomach sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My monthly meds are almost $100, but my insurance pays it!

I'll be sick when I move back to Ireland and have to start paying myself again :(

Ah sh*t, tablets are working but making my stomach sick :(

I find taking a gaviscon or rennie sometimes helps settle my stomach, or peppermint tea. Hope you manage to get some sleep

I find taking a gaviscon or rennie sometimes helps settle my stomach, or peppermint tea. Hope you manage to get some sleep

Thanks - gaviscon tablets in the kitchen, kitten in there and don't want to have to try and get her back in again. Sleeping in my parents bed tonight, should be easier than my own bed!

Up at 7.30 tomorrow, camogie blitz in Clare!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Such a long drive to Roscommon and back but stopped in Athlone for McDonald's and Dominos! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I love my doggie. He's always up for the cuddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

bubblefett wrote: »
    Hmm my oven's been acting up recently and I was googling info on it. Now I've found out it's on a list of dangerous ovens- high risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Good thing I've my CO2 alarm. Going to have to call someone and find out what I do with it now :/

My carbon monoxide alarm went off one day last summer and scared the fecking life out of me! I'd been given it under duress by my mother, stuck it on top of my bookcase and forgot I had it, then was eating a cornish pasty (yum yum) sitting on my bed when this unidentified, ungodly loud siren went off at very close quarters and I jumped so much I chucked the remainder of my pasty across the room!

It was quite exciting- I went to sit in the garden with a stiff G&T and got to call the Emergency Gas Helpline-someone was there in 20 minutes and said our boiler was dodgy as hell...we'd been saying that for ages so it was very satisfying getting to sanctimoniously call the landlord and tell him we had to get emergency services out to it! Will never be without it again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

New board game (Ticket to Ride, awesome) and wine. Fun evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I have Manuka Honey on my eyelids. This worked last time, please God let it work this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

PP, Have you hurt your eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I have Manuka Honey on my eyelids. This worked last time, please God let it work this time.

Worked for what?

Sometimes I would just love to build a boat, sail away to my own little island and just live there - away from everyone and everything else. The world is seriously annoying me lately.

Apparently there was a bomb scare in a hotel in the local town?? :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Novella wrote: »
    Such a long drive to Roscommon and back but stopped in Athlone for McDonald's and Dominos! :)

you got the two of them :eek::D?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Polloloca wrote: »

And in the Bentley club in Galway, and in a couple of other places seemingly. Bentley one deemed a hoax, presumably the rest are as well.

• Advertisement

PP, Have you hurt your eyes?
    Worked for what?

Sorry.. Should have clarified.. I have this. Last time I had a flare-up I used manuka honey and it was great. Antibiotics did absolutely nothing.

Bomb scares in loads of locations
    Bentley nightclub have just confirmed that the scare was a hoax. They have now re-opened the premises and punters are back on site. The scare was one of at least four reported across the country tonight. Western Hotel, Claremorris, Hayden' Hotel, Ballinasloe and a venue in Tullamore. It sounds concerted, so this will make detection easier.

Galway Advertiser Facebook page

Jesus, what kind of sicko's would lie about something like that? :mad:
    PP, looks sore!!

Jesus, what kind of sicko's would lie about something like that? :mad:
    PP, looks sore!!

Yeah last time was the first time it was really bad.. I remember having little flare ups when I was younger although I didn't know what they were at the time. Last flare up was 3 or 4 years ago but at the time I was going to the doctor for months getting antibiotic tablets and creams, steroids etc and no diagnosis. Eventually went to a clinic in Naas and was told what was wrong. Before going to Naas I looked like I was after getting a beating for about 4 months and it hurt so much to even blink. I had exams around the time and trying to study was a complete nightmare.

Have you any idea what causes it to flare up?

I cried laughing while watching this. Major LOL.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Qrt1k8qHo

Have you any idea what causes it to flare up?

I cried laughing while watching this. Major LOL.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Qrt1k8qHo

Don't actually know but apparently stress can be a factor.

Jeez that girl is.. A bit OTT with her reaction.

Just a tad, eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

you got the two of them :eek::D?

Yes :o

I had a meal from McDonald's and cookies from Dominos but my brother and our friends had large McDonald's meals and then personal pizzas from Dominos and cookies. And McFlurries! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Sometimes I would just love to build a boat, sail away to my own little island and just live there - away from everyone and everything else. The world is seriously annoying me lately.

But if there was a local pub that had interesting people and music that'd be a big plus. And if there was a shop that served chicken rolls from the early morning until the early afternoon I wouldn't object. And if that shop had all the herbs and spices I wanted, along with sweet potatoes and the various types of mushrooms and herbs that I wanted I'm sure I could get used to it. And if there was a little massage place that eased my knots and held cocktails with curly straws beneath my nose I would get over it. And if I there was about forty different rooms with the equipment for all the different hobbies I want to have a go at I'm sure I'd be fine with it. And if I won the €140million Euromillions I might have an ok time.

*sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ilyana wrote: »
    I love my doggie. He's always up for the cuddles.

i love when the internet provides post specific cat memes :pac:

cat-saturday-183.jpg?w=500&h=562

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement