Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Just checked my post-box (I never check it, as I hardly ever got post - I use my "home" address for everything.)

I found a big envelope from my mum, with all my post from the past few weeks ... and a €50, too! :D Just at my broke-est pre-payday time of the month, too, could badly do with it. My mammy rocks! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Just checked my post-box (I never check it, as I hardly ever got post - I use my "home" address for everything.)

I found a big envelope from my mum, with all my post from the past few weeks ... and a €50, too! :D Just at my broke-est pre-payday time of the month, too, could badly do with it. My mammy rocks! <3

:D

Mammies do rock. For every investment of a single coffee I put with her, I usually get two back. And sometimes even a whole lunch. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Have a hair appointment tomorrow. I really hate having my hair done but love the swishy hair afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going ingredient shopping for the cannelloni tomorrow. Will post pics if it turns out nice. For now, I'm off to bed. G'night, ladies!
    tumblr_m7xwleAYHo1qcnkk2o1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Novella wrote: »
    Have a hair appointment tomorrow. I really hate having my hair done but love the swishy hair afterwards.
    The hair-brushing and blowdrying are the parts I hate. :(
    I plan to spend my day off this week with a hair masque thingy in, like an Aussie one maybe. My hair is in need of some help! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Novella wrote: »

Hate the amount of time it takes but it's usually always worth it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I hate it when i say i just want a small trim....half an hour later you are bald :(

well not really :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Yeah, it's the blow-drying and the amount of time spent there that I hate! If I could just fast forward and come out with nice hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I hate it when i say i just want a small trim....half an hour later you are bald :(

well not really :P

I've been using the same hairdresser since the start of the year and I'd say the first time I went into her she probably thought I was a bit bossy but as she's gotten to know me and I've told her my haircut horror stories, she understands :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well, I'm off to bed. Night everybody. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Terrible night iut I hate Limerick :(

Super creeps everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God I'm such a moron. Just realised that the train tickets I booked to the airport arrive at the station half an hour before the flight...BALLLSSS. Changed the tickets but lost 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morning one and all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Morning PP!

What a great morning to be awake/alive. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Good Morning! A quiet weekend in turned into a two day bender, now I am experiencing the hangover in work of a Monday!

Ella, I'm needy today :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

God I'm such a moron. Just realised that the train tickets I booked to the airport arrive at the station half an hour before the flight...BALLLSSS. Changed the tickets but lost 30 euro.

At least you realised before you got to the airport - you'd have lost a lost more money and a flight if you didn't!!

Brother at least did washing up, "didn't have time to dry them" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Had plans to meet a friend, but have no way of getting from the house to the train station to head to the city to meet her :(

Anyone around North Cork is more than welcome to drop in! So bored being stuck in here on my own

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Morning all! :)
    Another lovely olympicky day! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I fell in the shower and split the back of my hand open, it's so sore and there was a ridiculous amount of blood, good thing it was in the shower in a way because it washed down the drain. My poor hand is in bits though, and it looks disgusting too, ouch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

WinterSong wrote: »
    I fell in the shower and split the back of my hand open, it's so sore and there was a ridiculous amount of blood, good thing it was in the shower in a way because it washed down the drain. My poor hand is in bits though, and it looks disgusting too, ouch :(

Ouch, I hope you're okay! Try get some Betadine spray and steri-strips if you can, the Betadine will stop the wound getting infected while it's still open...being a nurse's daughter has its benefits!

Day four of my eight day stretch at work before my holidays. Joy :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Oh no! I know only too well how nasty it is to fall in the shower, I didn't cut anything open, I just bruised every inch of my back and arm. Could you go to the chemist, hold out hand and ask to be fixed? I did that before when my cat clawed me, after initially suggesting I should put my cat down (:rolleyes:) they fixed me up real good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Ouch! I'd say you got such a fright! Hope you're ok :) x

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

ouch sounds right!!! Put some ice on it, probably quite swollen after the bang, should help it feel a bit better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Thanks everyone :) I've it bandaged and patched up for now, might go over to the pharmacy later on if it hasn't improved! Of course the split is on the back of my wrist so moving my arm or hand at all is painful as feck :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Jesus WS! Hope you are ok! x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

I am now an auntie as of dismorning :):):)

In other news, doggie very sick.. liver problems off to vets later to see how bad it is :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I dropped the car off to be serviced this morning, and while waiting I wandered into the shops and managed to buy a dress, a top and really great leggings, ie ones that don't fall down or require constant hoisting up (M&S, fact fans) :D Days off are awesome!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ouchies, WinterSong.

People at work complaining that the Olympics opening ceremony was more like the opening to an arts festival than a sports one. I dropped a, "Did you know..." on their asses.

The Olympics had arts events like etching and poetry up until 1948.

Oh god, it's no wonder I'm known for being too nerdy for IT...

Also, headache is stupid and writing is rubbish. But I'm getting lots of work done today and feeling a bit better for it. Plus it's sunny and I have to go outside to go to lunch.

Thanks everyone :) I've it bandaged and patched up for now, might go over to the pharmacy later on if it hasn't improved! Of course the split is on the back of my wrist so moving my arm or hand at all is painful as feck :rolleyes:

Maybe place your hand on top of your shoulder whenever you can, might ease it a bit!
    I am now an auntie as of dismorning :):):)

In other news, doggie very sick.. liver problems off to vets later to see how bad it is :(

Congrats on becoming an auntie! Hope doggie is okay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Greetings from West Africa! Arrived yesterday and it's wet, warm and welcoming. Mosquitos have found me already and there's no such thing as roads here, just bumpy bouldery mud tracks.

To get here from Dublin it took a taxi, 2 planes, a bus, a boat and a jeep. 16 hours!

PS Don't watch The Lorax, it's AWFUL. Ruined my plane journey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement