Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Hope you're alright WinterSong x

Congrats Cutie!! And I hope your doggy will be alright x

Homemadecider Enjoy the holiday! And is Lorax really that bad? I loved Horton Here's a Who, was hoping the humour would be much the same

Walked up to the boyfriends parents house today for breakfast in their new conservatory- fresh Avoca scones and homemade strawberry jam om nom nom

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Kinda accepting the fact that I can't do as much as I want, and that the tablets are hitting me hard - expected to be up around like normal rather than wrecked like I am. Slept 8 or 9 hours last night - but not getting up feeling rested

Going to get off the bed and into the sitting room - get doing something! :D Was watching one of the first episodes of Here to Maternity, very funny at the end where a wife breaks it to her husband they are having twins, great reaction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ouchie ulcer in my mouth. P!ss off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

That minor jab in the heart when the guy you've had an enormous crush on since you were a kid gets married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

For a country so broke we sure do like making the payment of tax difficult, don't we? :rolleyes:

ETA: yes I am moaning and sniping about every little inconvenience today, what of it? :P In fairness the woman on the phone was lovely and helpful so some progress has been made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I touched my arm off our stupid cooker and now I've got a burn. It's nothing too bad but it stings!

I swear, the cooker is like a metal rod. It just conducts all the heat to every where. It's lethal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I have the worst case of the desk-nods ever. I'm actually going to bang my forehead off my keyboard before long if I can't wake up a bit.

EVALUATION:

80% - 100%
    Excellent! You have not only achieved the CEFR B1 competence level. You are already well on the way to the next level B2. If you would like to continue improving your German, you should enroll for a course that is already working towards B2.

This results sheet is intended to help you find a suitable course. We recommend you take this information with you when you approach a language school.

:cool:
    I'm only halfway through the B1 course sure :p
    pity they don't improve their own english :p

what things i do on days off
    i should study ;s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ouchie ulcer in my mouth. P!ss off :(
    I'm prone to mouth ulcers and I find Corsodyl great. It tastes awful but it knocks them out so fast!

(For some reason, raw tomatoes give me mouth ulcers, what's that about??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

(For some reason, raw tomatoes give me mouth ulcers, what's that about??)

Tomatoes are really acidic, it's probably that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

bluewolf wrote: »
    EVALUATION:

80% - 100%
    Excellent! You have not only achieved the CEFR B1 competence level. You are already well on the way to the next level B2. If you would like to continue improving your German, you should enroll for a course that is already working towards B2.

This results sheet is intended to help you find a suitable course. We recommend you take this information with you when you approach a language school.

:cool:
    I'm only halfway through the B1 course sure :p
    pity they don't improve their own english :p

what things i do on days off
    i should study ;s

Are you hoping to get C1/C2 eventually, or are you just working on general language skills for fun? :)

Are you hoping to get C1/C2 eventually, or are you just working on general language skills for fun? :)

Both -if I'm going to do it I might as well go all the way :p
    I have ideas about moving there or swissland (may have to brush up on the ol' french) sometime but for now it's mostly fun
    going to do the second half of B1 in sept-jan then take the exam... didn't do the A exams as they were a bit simple and no point but this will be more interesting and good practise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Not here on holiday unfortunately, here for work. Hoping to have a day off at the end of the week if everything goes to plan. Some lovely beaches here!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Ok so you were right. The West is awesome. Checked in to our hotel yesterday. Bottle of prosecco on ice, chocolate strawberries, homemade shortbread & rose petals on the bed. We have our own bar in our room. I kid you not. Himself is currently down getting a massage & I'm next. Dirty weekends for the win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Weekend was great :D Can't wait for Saturday, lots more madness to come. Need to go shopping and get something nice to wear.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Anyone watching BBC3 atm??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Mam freaked out when she saw my hand :pac: It looks very weird now, I'd say it'll be bruised as hell by tomorrow. It doesn't hurt so much anymore though so it'll be grand :)

I've managed to get most of the things I needed to do done, taking a break now before sorting out the letters and things I've to send tomorrow when in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

So does "I'll be there at 3.30, 4 at latest, I know you're busy today" now mean "be home by 3.30 which was awkward for you to arrange, I'll be there some time in the afternoon but won't actually contact you to tell you this"? :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Can. Not. Satisfy. Hunger.

Acoshla wrote: »
    So does "I'll be there at 3.30, 4 at latest, I know you're busy today" now mean "be home by 3.30 which was awkward for you to arrange, I'll be there some time in the afternoon but won't actually contact you to tell you this"? :mad::mad:

I would conveniently take a bath and not hear the door/phone when they call.

• Advertisement

I would conveniently take a bath and not hear the door/phone when they call.

Ok the person in question showed up to collect their order and cried and hugged me when she saw it, all is forgiven :o:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Acoshla wrote: »
    Ok the person in question showed up to collect their order and cried and hugged me when she saw it, all is forgiven :o:)

I hopped and danced. Can't beat weeping on your cake-designer though. Damn, next time.

James was talking about Gruffalo cake again yesterday. Described it in lucid detail. You definitely made a lasting impression on that little chap Acoshla.

Here drooling thinking of the choccy biscuit cake now.

Eat.Some.Cake. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Tried drinking water?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I hopped and danced. Can't beat weeping on your cake-designer though. Damn, next time.

James was talking about Gruffalo cake again yesterday. Described it in lucid detail. You definitely made a lasting impression on that little chap Acoshla.

Here drooling thinking of the choccy biscuit cake now.

Make some! Off to Odlums website with you this evening :) James sounds so awesome, me and him should totally hang out and talk cake. When I wrote that first I wrote "should totally hang you", sorry Das :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I have been so unproductive today.

Packing tonight, moving into my new apartment on Wednesday, it's brand new, never been lived in before, and I have a balcony off my room, sooo excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Someone could do a scientific survey on me for always being hungry, all the time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My dog isnt well and its not looking good at all so i have to bring him to the vet tomorrow :(

did study, put away clothes, changed bedsheets, all sorted and ready to go up to dublin shortly, have pilates tonight! first one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I suddenly feel so down about myself... :( it just kinda came on me real quick, and I feel awful, feel like crying. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement