Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

bluewolf wrote: »
    did study, put away clothes, changed bedsheets, all sorted and ready to go up to dublin shortly, have pilates tonight! first one! :D

Have fun! You are gonna be sore tomorrow!

Have fun! You are gonna be sore tomorrow!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Links234 wrote: »
    I suddenly feel so down about myself... :( it just kinda came on me real quick, and I feel awful, feel like crying. :(

I know how you feel :( Felt that way saturday and yesterday. Saturday night i cried for 2 hours over something stupid that released everything else that was getting me down and then last night i cried for a little bit for no reason at all!

Its ok to cry though, it helps sometimes! And you have nothing to feel down about you are an awesome woman :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Anyone watching BBC3 atm??

The eventing? Was about when Zara Phillips I think..

Hope nothing serious happened to the Irish girl/horse who fell and stopped the event. Hopefully the ambulance was an unnecessary precaution..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My new hair was worth 3 hours in the hairdressers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Not here on holiday unfortunately, here for work. Hoping to have a day off at the end of the week if everything goes to plan. Some lovely beaches here!

Mind me askign where you are in West Africa? I'm heading to Central Africa in a few months. Partly vacation, partly work, and also to think about potential job prospects!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

dfx- wrote: »
    The eventing? Was about when Zara Phillips I think..

Hope nothing serious happened to the Irish girl/horse who fell and stopped the event. Hopefully the ambulance was an unnecessary precaution..

She was Canadian. If we're thinking of the same person...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

flossie wrote: »
    Mind me askign where you are in West Africa? I'm heading to Central Africa in a few months. Partly vacation, partly work, and also to think about potential job prospects!

I'm in Sierre Leone this week; later in the year I'll be in DRC, Niger and Burundi as well though no dates yet. Am in the capital of Sierre Leone and it's just a lovely big clump of ramshackle buildings in the middle of a giant wet jungle. The people are the most ridiculously friendly and nice folk I've met in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

You pack of yappers! Can someone give me a run down on what i missed please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I just realised I started work an hour early today, and I'm actually rostered on till midnight instead of 10.30pm. That'll teach me to look at the rota properly :mad:

• Advertisement

Ella Bella wrote: »
    You pack of yappers! Can someone give me a run down on what i missed please? :)

i have oreos

i think that's all you need to know :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Feet are in bits from my heels last night!! Had a good day at work though, new area manager seems awesome and realistic. I'm gonna miss the sexy old AM though :(

i have oreos

i think that's all you need to know :cool:
    Do you do that whole licky thing with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just picked up ,this amazing bag of porrige oats with raisins and apples in JC Savages. Feckin' gorgeous! Got all the ingredients for the pasta which I'll be making tomorrow as I've got the kitchen to myself for the day.
    Also downloading some eBooks and music by a band called The Tiger Lillies, as recommended by Bizarre Magazine. Extremely offensive Monty Python-esque music.
    I also got a card off my stepdad's brother in law containing €20 as a thanks for distributing leaflets for him. :D
    Yay! Free monies!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Sry, when I said BBC3, I actually meant BBC1 with the mens team diving competiton :D:D waiting in train station for a friend, decided I was grand wit the crutches and use them more than my leg, nearly ended up on the floor when I walked into the station, walking nice and slowly wit them now, no more hopping along

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Do you do that whole licky thing with them?

i scrape the white stuff off with my teeth to eat it first then eat the rest

Sexy!

Same :D:D:D:D

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Going to the bodies exhibition in the ambassador tomorow :D SO EXCITED!!!

I dont like oreos....or biscuits in general >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Same :D:D:D:D

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Going to the bodies exhibition in the ambassador tomorow :D SO EXCITED!!!
    Went to it twice. Brilliant stuff, though the part with the foetuses in the jars was a bit distressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hey people, how are we? Ended up going to Newbridge with my friend. She's going to my brother's debs with him so we were looking at pretty dresses. :D

Winter Song - Hope you're okay. :)

Cutie - Hope the doggy is okay. Congratulations on becoming an auntie! :)

PixieFairy - Hope you're doggy is okay too.

Links - hugs for you, hope you're okay. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Sry, when I said BBC3, I actually meant BBC1 with the mens team diving competiton

I was wondering why you were telling us to watch Scooby Doo! The diving was pretty class alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've done my first bit of adventurous cooking in about two years tonight. I spent a fortune on ingredients (a measly fortune anyway.) I chopped, I prepped, I seared, I sauted, I cooked. Then I went to let the stew bubble away. Then I got fearful that it was going to be awful and suddenly I wasn't hungry anymore. So I went to see how bad it was and had a little spoonful of the liquid and it was fcuking gorgeous.

I am the best chef on the planet. I'm actually looking forward to eating it now. :D

/hubris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I know how you feel :( Felt that way saturday and yesterday. Saturday night i cried for 2 hours over something stupid that released everything else that was getting me down and then last night i cried for a little bit for no reason at all!

Its ok to cry though, it helps sometimes! And you have nothing to feel down about you are an awesome woman :)

Yeah, a few things were getting me down and it just kinda came to a head and burst. I met with my girlfriend for a coffee and kinda just let it out. She's really wonderful.

It seems really petty, but my looks are kinda getting me down, my skin is really bad and my hair is awful, and I was really fixating on that. It seems like I'm the only one who sees how bad my skin is, but it's bothering me so much. my mum and my sis are getting me a jetpeel session for my birthday though, so I guess I should shut up and see how that helps. and I could probably do with a haircut, so I might get one, but I'm kinda scared they might make it worse? otherwise, it could be a really good pick me up. I'd be tempted to get some color even. I probably just need a little pick me up
    Links - hugs for you, hope you're okay. :)

Links234 wrote: »
    Yeah, a few things were getting me down and it just kinda came to a head and burst. I met with my girlfriend for a coffee and kinda just let it out. She's really wonderful.

It seems really petty, but my looks are kinda getting me down, my skin is really bad and my hair is awful, and I was really fixating on that. It seems like I'm the only one who sees how bad my skin is, but it's bothering me so much. my mum and my sis are getting me a jetpeel session for my birthday though, so I guess I should shut up and see how that helps. and I could probably do with a haircut, so I might get one, but I'm kinda scared they might make it worse? otherwise, it could be a really good pick me up. I'd be tempted to get some color even. I probably just need a little pick me up

Cuddles for Links! I know how you feel, you just feel like shit, regardless of what anyone tells you!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Cuddles for Links! I know how you feel, you just feel like shit, regardless of what anyone tells you!

It's kinda more than just that that has me down, but I guess that's just what I'm fixating on at the moment, and I just feel so very down about myself, I just can't shake it.

It's also my birthday.. and for the first time it actually has me a bit down.

Happy birthday, Links. Don't be sad on your birthday x

Happy Birthday Links!! :) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Awh happy birthday Links, don't be sad on your birthday! *cuddles* :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement