Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Oh ffs! I'm having my work leaving party on Friday and was really looking forward to it. Originally was really looking forward to sexy work boy being there too, but that seems to have gone tits up and I'm now quite anxious that he'll be there and be acting weird so I won't have a good night.

And, to make it unbelievably more crap, I got into work today to find that another ward have a leaving party that same night so everyone has decided to combine them into a massive party....grand except the girl whose party it is is the only other girl from work sexy boy has been with!!!

What are the fecking odds? In a place of 200+ staff??? I don't even know her except to say hello to and now she is crashing my leaving party and making things a million times more awkward if he does decide to come.:mad::(

I'm only disappointed because of how lovely and exciting it all was at first. I miss that feeling, not him, and I know that. At least I'm leaving this week and I hopefully won't think about it when I don't have to see him all the time.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I can't wear boy shorts, they get a bit too up in my business when I wear them... I love french knickers... Penney's are great for funky underwear, I have lots of fun cartoony ones too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Happy birthday Links!! x

Just been researching stuff for our holiday and found this video - omg! And that wasn't an accident, it happens all the time and is a tourist attraction. Will be adding that beach to the list :D

http://redriverpak.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/the-coolest-beach-in-the-world/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Maeve Binchy died :(

I never read any of her books, but I always loved listening to her talk about stuff. She seemed like such a lovely woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Maeve Binchy died :(

I never read any of her books, but I always loved listening to her talk about stuff. She seemed like such a lovely woman.

:eek: She's been around forever, she can't die! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Why do I have a mental image of brenda fricker when i hear maeve binchy? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Polloloca wrote: »
    Why do I have a mental image of brenda fricker when i hear maeve binchy? :(

No idea because Brenda Fricker is the single most annoying woman ever.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aaaah, poor Maeve Binchy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I haven't bought new underwear in sooooo long, damn celibacy.

Me thinks the imminent arrival of my boyfriend and the fact the underwire of my bra is digging into my underarm means I should head to la senza :pac:

Sad about maebh binchy, but damn circle of friends was the worst book I was ever forced to read.

Very sad about Maeve Binchy - can't find it substantiated anywhere apart from twitter and wikipedia though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Very sad about Maeve Binchy - can't find it substantiated anywhere apart from twitter and wikipedia though

It's just been reported on Q102 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Was just coming to say the same! :(

Vincent Browne said it on TV3. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Oh buggery! I got home from work debating whether or not to call him (pros: he might be nice/ I would temporarily feel better/ I may be able to ask why he's being such a dick and get some answers...cons: he might be standoffish/ I would feel worse/ general crappy feeling of having caved and chased him)

I had a very large G&T. I got bored. I decided to call. It went to voicemail. I did not take this as the sign from God I should have. I finished my drink. I rang again. He is out, at a party. A loud, hilarious sounding party full of shrieking girls, multiple numbers of whom he will probably manage to shag by morning (I wish this were as flippant as it sounds!). He will apparently ring me back. I will not hold my breath for this. Why why why did I phone??! Roll on next weekend and never having to see him again if necessary.

One would not believe at times that I am fast nearing 30 and will be a doctor of psychology in 3 years! I hold onto these facts in my more neurotic moments. On the plus side, my lovely G&T is meaning that I am finding this all unduly amusing right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Maeve Binchy died?? :(

Thats awful! I quite liked her books!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Happy Birthday Links!

That's sad about Maeve Binchy, though I never read any of her books.

I got an email from one of the courses- it needed me to write a statement of purpose. I just sent it off there and am so incredibly proud of it, it sounds really professional :) and I kept googling to make sure my grammer was right. God I sound like a kid but I've got pretty crappy Dyslexia so I had to work my ass off getting it right. Hope it pays off :)

Fingers crossed for you, bubblefett! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yes ladies. I am the queen of ridiculous boyshorts. You name them, I've got them. Snoopy, Winnie the pooh, Owls, Mickey mouse, tinkerbell. I draw the line at santa ones though. I get a little unnerved at the idea of having an old man with a lot of facial hair on my underwear.

If you find sexy undies with cartoons on them, holla atcha sista pls. :cool:

boyshorts are awesome.

that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Fingers crossed for you bubblefett! :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

cynder wrote: »
    Oh no, my friends on tv again... Living with murder....

She was killed a good few years back. They never caught her murderer...
    cynder I'm really sorry, it must have been terrible for you losing your friend in that way :( I hope you're alright after seeing the programme, must have been a shock if you weren't expecting it

Cynder - hope you're okay. Hugs for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I tend to wear all my cartoon-y underwear to bed as pj's and in the day I wear lace type things. I think Penneys has really went downhill lately in relation to underwear, maybe that's just me though!

imagine the shame of gettin hit by a big bus then getting to hospital, at 23 years of age, and being caught wearing donald duck boyshorts. maybe you're right keeping them for night time haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Links234 wrote: »
    It's also my birthday.. and for the first time it actually has me a bit down.

Awh, don't be sad on your birthday! Imagine, you've made it this far! :D Have a great day!!

Jaysis, this is turning into a busy week for me. Not that I'm complaining. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I know my wages dont go in at midnight. Why do I always check??

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

imagine the shame of gettin hit by a big bus then getting to hospital, at 23 years of age, and being caught wearing donald duck boyshorts. maybe you're right keeping them for night time haha.

What happens if there's a fire though? I'm screwed as I sleep in the nip! :pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    What happens if there's a fire though? I'm screwed as I sleep in the nip! :pac:

I would probably die as I would sleep through world war three, no joke.

I would probably die as I would sleep through world war three, no joke.

I'm a bit like that too.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit like that too.
    Also a bit like sleeping (not so) beauty. Wide awake texting one second, panned out asleep awake 8 hours later the next second. I probably drive whoever Im texting insane. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement