Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Every time I get comfortable, I need to go to the bathroom :( Stayin off the tablets, causing this much hassle, going back to nurofen instead of the difene

had a really good chat with my friend, kinda got things back in perspective - she said I was doing really well so far looking at how I was walking, but that she has never seen me tired this way, and she has seen me at the back end of having a total of 8 hours sleep in 4 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Glad you're feeling a little better rebel, even if the tablets aren't playing nice. Sure at least you'd the op at the best time with the olympics on tv, you'll never be stuck for entertainment, and the blog was a deadly idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Larianne wrote: »
    What happens if there's a fire though? I'm screwed as I sleep in the nip! :pac:

Same :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Polloloca wrote: »
    Also a bit like sleeping (not so) beauty. Wide awake texting one second, panned out asleep awake 8 hours later the next second. I probably drive whoever Im texting insane. :D

Oh I'm the same, I've often woken up with the phone in my hand and a half written text on it.. :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    No, Camilla Speirs fell off her horse in the cross country part of the eventing today

She was DQ'ed because of it, very disappointed for her, horse was lovely!
    bubblefett wrote: »
    Glad you're feeling a little better rebel, even if the tablets aren't playing nice. Sure at least you'd the op at the best time with the olympics on tv, you'll never be stuck for entertainment, and the blog was a deadly idea :)

Thanks - yeah, adjusted a bit better today to the fact I can't do things as easy, tomorrow is going to be a better day! Was wondering why I was feeling so rough, forgot I took another difene tablet this morning

The blog seems to be doing well enough - but need to update it a bit faster tomorrow! Had 50 views yesterday, including 18 from America and 13 from Ireland - gonna write about a couple of different sports tomorrow and the roundup of the Irish, getting back to something I enjoyed doing, and its helping keep my head sane!

Found out I won a prize from a facebook guessing competition :D In bed, gonna try and get some decent sleep, night everyone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Night, Rebel Girl! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bed time for me. Night night loungers. :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I know my wages dont go in at midnight. Why do I always check??

Mine do! :D

I've just paid off my credit card online in full, and have paid all my bills too! I'm finally sort of getting my finances in order. :cool:

(Will still be horrifically broke by the end of the month though ... I miss being paid weekly!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just saw TDKR :D It was great. Few plot holes but it was a great ending. Can imagine what someone might segue into if another film is ever made.... thinking killer croc, jean-paul valley and nightwing...

Foot and lower leg are like a tree trunk and so bloody painful :( I'd love some morphine right now, none of the painkillers I have are helping :( I remember the good times in the hospital on the morphine and the bad times when they took me off it, that was sad bad times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Check out these beauties! They're Italian leather, about 25 years old. Mom has them since before she got married ans she's finally accepted they dont fit her giant clown feet. Yay for me <3

480089_463538830331046_2043104544_n.jpg

• Advertisement

I'd love some morphine right now, none of the painkillers I have are helping :( I remember the good times in the hospital on the morphine and the bad times when they took me off it, that was sad bad times :(
    *Hugs* and lots of *drugs* for you, Pixie. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

It has been unbelievably sore since Friday. I thought I was past the point of constant pain, physio been going well. Just want to cry over pain the last few nights. Looking at my foot and leg now I'm wondering about how I'll fit my foot into a motorbike boot? :(

It's only been a few months, try not to be too disheartened. You'll come good in the end. I know it just seems frustratingly slow sometimes.

Hope the pain eases up for you tonight. xx

get-well-soon-9.jpg?et=lNh979Dpv7jNvc00cmKS2A&nmid=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ah Maeve Binchy :(

Circle of Friends was the first grown up book I read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

So tired, i have been sitting here, staring at the get well balloons posy posted for the past 4 minutes without realising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Morning all :)

Bad start to the day, got stuck behind Driving Miss Daisy, hit every red light/DART gate closing possible, was ten minutes late for work. Made porridge and coffee only to find the milk was gone off. Had to start again. And have ALL OF THE THINGS to do today.

I think I'd rather go back to bed. :p

im very tired and pondering running out to get a vanilla latte for the first time in a long time

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I has a sad.

Can't talk about it til I get home though because I don't want to cry in the office. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

bluewolf wrote: »
    im very tired and pondering running out to get a vanilla latte for the first time in a long time

Om NOM

Do it

Hope you're ok DK. PM open if you want to chat. Hugs xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I has a sad.

Can't talk about it til I get home though because I don't want to cry in the office. :(

Aw :( As said above pm is open if you want to chat xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I has a sad.

Ah DK sorry to hear that.

Virtual (((hugs))) til you get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

I'm in Sierre Leone this week; later in the year I'll be in DRC, Niger and Burundi as well though no dates yet. Am in the capital of Sierre Leone and it's just a lovely big clump of ramshackle buildings in the middle of a giant wet jungle. The people are the most ridiculously friendly and nice folk I've met in a long time.

I'm heading over to DRC as my boyfriend works there....although it's just to visit him I am going to suss out whether it's an environment i can work in with the possibility of maybe going out there. My work is taking me back to Kenya this year, and as travel restrictions have been lifted for us in Egypt now (I work for an American company, they can be sensitive about these things!) might be heading back to Egypt and Lebanon for a while. All fun :)

Which industry do you work in (if you don't mind me asking?). I'm an engineer myself....

i got my latte
    there goes my "x days since i had a coffee" where x days is about 4 months
    totally worth it!!
    I has a sad.

noooo :( hugs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Scarinae wrote: »
    cynder wrote: »
    Oh no, my friends on tv again... Living with murder....

She was killed a good few years back. They never caught her murderer...
    cynder I'm really sorry, it must have been terrible for you losing your friend in that way :( I hope you're alright after seeing the programme, must have been a shock if you weren't expecting it

It's good it's still in the public eye, I don't think they will ever find tge guy that did it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Jaysis, bit of a depression session in here last night. Cheer up Charlies, it's one day closer to the (bank holiday!) weekend :D

Here's a little-known fact for you all, btw: Tuesday morning hangovers are worse than Monday morning ones.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thanks everyone. It's nothing too bad, I just know if I start typing it out I'll be off. Plenty of time for it later when I'm at home where they're used to my blubbing!

Thanks everyone. It's nothing too bad, I just know if I start typing it out I'll be off. Plenty of time for it later when I'm at home where they're used to my blubbing!

does this help

185px-Sarsgaard_at_WUSTL_2007.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

bluewolf wrote: »
    does this help

185px-Sarsgaard_at_WUSTL_2007.jpg

:D

Bleurgh! :p

• Advertisement

Bleurgh! :p

i agree but i think dk is a fan... if i remember right!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement