Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. It's nothing too bad, I just know if I start typing it out I'll be off. Plenty of time for it later when I'm at home where they're used to my blubbing!

Oh dear <3 if anyone can make it through the day yoi can :) then you can take your Tardis home and plonk your booty on the couch.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    i agree but i think dk is a fan... if i remember right!

Only when he's snogging Maggie Gyllenhaal. :D

Post me a photo of Alex Kingston's cleavage and I'm sure I'll brighten up.

Staff meeting now. Barf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I better put my wellies on and run outside to sing "singing in the rain" to cheer myself up :rolleyes:

dk i cant search that at work, much as i'd like to :p
    i love the eps with her in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Yeah if I could put all my weight through my leg without being in pain, I'm sure the endorphins from the singing would be wonderful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Bad start to the day, got stuck behind Driving Miss Daisy, hit every red light/DART gate closing possible, was ten minutes late for work. Made porridge and coffee only to find the milk was gone off. Had to start again. And have ALL OF THE THINGS to do today.

I think I'd rather go back to bed. :p

I'm having one of those months! I finally got enough money together to get insured on my parents' car, and I'd planned to go to the broker today, but now our car won't start :(

Aaaand it's raining.

Hope your legs are okay Pixiebean and Rebel Girl! x

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

love weekdays off, everyones at work and can just laze about without feeling like its a waste of the day.

do have a lack of coffee though, to the shop!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Foot and lower leg are like a tree trunk and so bloody painful :( I'd love some morphine right now, none of the painkillers I have are helping :( I remember the good times in the hospital on the morphine and the bad times when they took me off it, that was sad bad times :(

I'll send you all of mine no problem - hope things ease out for you

Managed to sleep someway decently last night :) going to Kerry for a few days on Thursday or Friday - really looking forward to it! Myself and Mam going for walks around the park with the crutches :D My friend sad to me last night, that I was better off using the crutches, I'm walking much straighter on them, doing this kinda hip twist thing when I'm off the crutches!

Washing to do, and then blog time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

About to change the bedclothes on my bed and also on the bed my bf uses when he's here. I hate it, the effort of it! :o

My eyes are feeling better. I know the right one is clearing up because the little stye thing is getting smaller. Happy days! I can get me some new eye make up soon! Better save a few quid.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Oh dear Lord I just went to reach for something and my right shoulder is killing me, was retracing yesterday's steps and it appears our 9 month old nephew really is getting feckin big, carried him around for less than an hour yesterday and this is the result! :eek::p Was just saying yesterday how fast time is going, that I can't believe he has teeth and is almost walking etc, seems like just yesterday we heard his mum was even pregnant! It's officially August tomorrow so it's officially 14 months to our wedding, :eek: and :D all at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Acoshla wrote: »
    It's officially August so it's officially 14 months to our wedding, :eek: and :D all at the same time!

You're a day early :D

You're a day early :D

Ha, oh shite :) They were going on about July being over on the radio so I thought it was August, despite actually knowing the date, stoopid radio! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I know it's Ireland, and I've been here since I was 3, and I should accept the weather by now... but

WHY IS IT ALWAYS RAINING

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy birthday Harry Potter! :pac:

Hope you had a good birthday yesterday, Links and feel better today. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Brought the dog to the vet this morning turns out it was nothing and he was having a bad reaction to some left overs we gave him the other day :o

Worrying over nothing :o:)

I know it's Ireland, and I've been here since I was 3, and I should accept the weather by now... but

WHY IS IT ALWAYS RAINING

Because we live at the edge of the ocean and as the clouds hit land they dump the water they have accumulated out at sea, if you're in an area with mountains (Kerry etc) the clouds need to go higher and dump lots of water there, so those places are rainier.

/very simplified summary of secondary school geography!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I found my wedding Mary Janes :D:D </weddingbore>

I need something to cheer me up on such a miserable day after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Dolbert, those shoes are so so pretty!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Acoshla, you had me scared for a second - Dad's birthday on the first day of August, had to double check!!!!

Getting some free gear - got a phone call there, delighted!

Paraolympics tickets also arrived, happy days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

The doggie made a bid for freedom earlier; the garden gate was bolted shut so we don't know how he got out. Thankfully I found him mooching around outside the neighbour's house :)

I'm having a salad for lunch, I'm so virtuous :cool:

It may or may not be accompanied by pizza

• Advertisement

Ilyana wrote: »
    The doggie made a bid for freedom earlier; the garden gate was bolted shut so we don't know how he got out. Thankfully I found him mooching around outside the neighbour's house :)

I'm having a salad for lunch, I'm so virtuous :cool:

It may or may not be accompanied by pizza

Salad with pizza is great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I generally get my payslip every Tuesday morning between 9 and 10. It hasn't appeared in my inbox yet. I hope this is not a sign that I'm not gonna get paid tomorrow for some reason :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I have spent all of the wages. I hate monthly pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Salad with pizza is great! :D

Milanos used to do a 'diet' pizza, which was just a normal pizza wit the middle cut out and filled with salad instead :D

So it turns out the medication I'm on is why I'm finding it so difficult to lose weight. It's nice to have a reason as it's really disheartening to eat like a bird all week and only lose half a pound. Back on the (last resort) low-carb train this week, sigh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I have squid (not the squiggly leggy bits but the meaty bits) in a chilli tomato and courgette sauce (traditional recipe in this part of the world called "rouille a la seche) simmering on the oven. I am a domestic goddess, fact.
    </smug>

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I have squid (not the squiggly leggy bits but the meaty bits) in a chilli tomato and courgette sauce (traditional recipe in this part of the world called "rouille a la seche) simmering on the oven. I am a domestic goddess, fact.
    </smug>

I had an egg sandwich. So there. :p Gonna have some Christmas cake now, yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh mightnt be able to get sunday off work n i have tickets to the gaa!! was going to buy myself a new donegal jersey n everything!!!!

fook the lack of cover!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

what the fook did you spend it on ? :eek:
    Acoshla wrote: »
    I had an egg sandwich. So there. :p Gonna have some Christmas cake now, yum!

christmas cake in july? I love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I get paid monthly too.....i havent got paid since i started...that was 6weeks ago :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement