Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

what the fook did you spend it on ? :eek:

christmas cake in july? I love it :D
    That's the beauty of alcohol-soaked cakes, they keep for ages...hmm, wonder do they still have any cake left at home??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I love being paid monthly. I wouldn't be able to budget properly if I didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

christmas cake in july? I love it :D

Tastes good all year :D

I never understand the fuss about being paid monthly tbh, just divide by 4 like...

Acoshla wrote: »
    I never understand the fuss about being paid monthly tbh, just divide by 4 like...

Wouldn't really work for me since most of my bills, loan repayments etc come out the week I'm paid - last week in the month.

That way I get them all over and done with and have the rest of the money to blow on anything I want.

If I had to save money week to week to make sure I had enough at the end of the month to pay everything I'd go demented :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

College timetable is up! I'm so excited to get started :D

• Advertisement

don't like christmas cake :p

bluewolf wrote: »
    If you also don't like tea, I don't like you anymore...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nor do I !!!!!!

i love tea
    honey, no milk

I've never been a fan of it but I want to make it for the family this xmass.

Gonna be hard since I think it tastes mank :D

• Advertisement

i love tea
    honey, no milk
    phew!

I don't like any christmas cake but my mother's, especially after I tasted one at a wedding last year and nearly gagged, it was soaked in raw alcohol, was wet and soppy and falling apart, I feel sick just thinking about the taste of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I don't like tea or Christmas cake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My gran makes the nicest Christmas cake. Not too boozy, tons of raisins and lashings of marzipan icing. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Acoshla wrote: »
    I don't like any christmas cake but my mother's, especially after I tasted one at a wedding last year and nearly gagged, it was soaked in raw alcohol, was wet and soppy and falling apart, I feel sick just thinking about the taste of it.

Ick, it is supposed to be a hint of alcohol, not a barely solid mess of boozy mush :(

all this talk of Christmas food is making me want egg nog.

no alcohol no marzipan no !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

awec wrote: »
    August is summer time, right? Take a good look at the rain today folks, you won't see it again for a month.

<---- blindly optimistic.
    August is autumn time. :pac:

I hated marzipan until two years ago, never ate it, bleurgh. Now I love it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Weather is usually lovely the week the kids go back to school for week around 1st September for some nice weather!

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

awec wrote: »
    Ireland is wrong in this regard. :p

Met Eireann have it right, August is a summer month. Don't know why schools teach kids the wrong thing.

Summer is June July and August. May is a Spring month.

It depends. You can base it on temperature which a lot of countries do. Or you can base it on light, which is what we do. We consider summer the days with the longest hours, so the months either side of the Summer Solstice we consider summer. While other countries see June, July and August as the hottest months summer.

There's no right or wrong about it, it's just different approaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone... but I just can't shake feeling so unrelentingly down, I don't know when the last time I was feeling this sad was. I just feel thoroughly miserable, and my mum made things so much worse today, she brought me to tears in the middle of a resteraunt. I've been crying on and off since. I want to crawl into bed and hope today just goes away. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jeez Links I hope you feel better soon. Been feeling a bit down about myself lately too. *hugs for you* PM is open if you need someone to talk to. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

It's a pain in the arse not being paid monthly. My entire working life, I was paid monthly, so ALL my standing orders, direct debits etc. come out of the bank around the 25th of the month.

I now get paid weekly and it's fookin mare, because it means EVERYTHING comes out of one week's wages and I'm smashed then :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

thanks... I'd talk, but I just don't have the enegry to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I've been turned down for the courses I applied for through Fas because they wouldn't approve it. Ah well, I didn't expect much after the wagon I was talking with. Fluff it, see what happens with the other courses- they're all done through springboard so hopefully I'll have better luck.

In the mean time I have hotdogs. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Links234 wrote: »
    thanks... I'd talk, but I just don't have the enegry to.

No worries. Offer is always there though. :)

bubblefett - Hope you get sorted with your course. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Smuthered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I think I've pinpointed Tuesdays as the day I'm most likely to be miserable. Wednesdays are good because I have Thursdays off and I can have fun Wednesday night and do nothing Thursday. Fridays and Saturdays are the weekend. Sundays are grand days for just relaxing, cleaning the house and being hungover. Mondays are strange in that they're pretty awful, but I'm resigned to the awfulness. I just grin and bear Mondays. But Tuesdays are truly horrible. All the awfulness of Mondays with none of the upsides of the other days of the week. And I can't even grin and bear it after doing so much grinning and bearing it on Mondays. Mondays and Tuesdays are grey days. And Tuesday is the greyest.

Fcuk Tuesdays.

• Advertisement

Hey Das Kitty if you're out there I just made so much chocolate biscuit cake that I used nearly 4kg of biscuits, 1kg of golden syrup, 2.5kg of butter and 2.5kg of chocolate :eek::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement