Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Speaking of jokes, I heard a joke yesterday that I thought was hilarious.

What do you call cheese that isn't yours?

Nacho cheese!

You and my dad would get along great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    There are so many stories of Irish girls being murdered abroad on the news today. Giving me the heeby jeebies.

I know. You have to remember though, you only hear about those, never the ones who go abroad and come home without incident.

It's awful, but don't let it put you off going abroad or whatever. It's like winning the lottery - it happens to a handful of people, but it makes it seem like it's happening to loads because you only hear about those people.

Also, personal safety always number one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I know. You have to remember though, you only hear about those, never the ones who go abroad and come home without incident.

It's awful, but don't let it put you off going abroad or whatever. It's like winning the lottery - it happens to a handful of people, but it makes it seem like it's happening to loads because you only hear about those people.

Also, personal safety always number one.
    Oh God, I know! It wouldn't put me off going somewhere, it's just sad for the families that it happens so far away and (in some cases) is drawn out horribly in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Oh God, I know! It wouldn't put me off going somewhere, it's just sad for the families that it happens so far away and (in some cases) is drawn out horribly in court.

Yeah, I travel a lot for business and one of my fears is how difficult it would be for my family if anything happened to me while I was away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Why does my mam speak so loudly when she's on the phone?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Kiera wrote: »
    Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I know but i still couldnt do it. Now im after attempting it about 10 times, i deleted all my attempts, and ive finally done it :)
    Thanks for your help, im just stupid sometimes
    xxx

You’re not stupid. Just special :P
    I tell myself that every day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

i shouldnt have googled it!! :eek:

OMG me neither, that cannot be unseen!!! :eek:
    Novella wrote: »

My Dad is the same. We always say he doesn't need a phone to talk to people, they'll hear him anyway. :rolleyes:

nacho cheese is hilarious

came home fell asleep for about 90 mins
    apple pie and nicecream soon to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

So it was your mom shouting on the train the other day!

She was roaring the place down, had the whole train in stitches laughing at the loud cork accent...

My mom told me she is sending over money for my birthday, i ve already spent it :o holister has a sale on :D so i got my self, 2 yoga pants, 1 crop and 1 full legnth, 2 holister t-shirts, a holister hoody and a holister jumper...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

cdaly_ wrote: »
    OMG! You do not want to image google that phrase at work! :eek:

When someone writes that you cant help but google it to find out what is so bad.....

well i now know what is soo bad...... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nacho cheese!

amirite-eel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I've started a blog! :D

now what to write

meme-guy-staring-at-computer-screen-thinking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My Dad is the same. We always say he doesn't need a phone to talk to people, they'll hear him anyway. :rolleyes:

That's what my mam is like! I don't think she understands she can just talk normally. She doesn't get phones in general. She told my brother that the sound on her phone was broken after she'd had it for a few months. It had been on silent the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Nacho cheese!

Oh, are we tellin' jokes?

What did the zero say to the eight?

'Nice belt.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

krudler wrote: »
    I've started a blog! :D

now what to write

I have the same conundrum; a pretty blog just sitting there waiting for creativity that is not forthcoming!

My dad always does this; he'll leave the room to take a work call, but we'll still hear every word of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

2 weeks off work woooooohooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I brought some work home with me that would really save me a lot of time tomorrow if done tonight but I just "noticed" a bottle of wine that could really do with being drunk. Do I want to be grown up tonight or actually enjoy my evening??

I had a weird dream last night too. It was of Pixie Fairies' No 1 guy. Weird enough dreaming of people I don't know but he was also just going around in just a t-shirt. And it was really obscene. I mean horse like. Freaked me out in the dream.

I LOVE the nacho cheese joke, I'm always telling it. Love cheesy(no pun intended) jokes anyway. So simple but most of them at least get you to smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ophiopogon wrote: »

I had a weird dream last night too. It was of Pixie Fairies' No 1 guy. Weird enough dreaming of people I don't know but he was also just going around in just a t-shirt. And it was really obscene. I mean horse like. Freaked me out in the dream.

LMFAO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I brought some work home with me that would really save me a lot of time tomorrow if done tonight but I just "noticed" a bottle of wine that could really do with being drunk. Do I want to be grown up tonight or actually enjoy my evening??

Sure it'd be rude to ignore the wine now that you know it's there. I'll take a glass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Sure it'd be rude to ignore the wine now that you know it's there. I'll take a glass!

Yeah in the process of writing that post, a glass was poured and half drunk. I know I'll be cursing myself tomorrow for not doing the work tonight but sure...I have no excuse just wanted some wine :o

*chinks glasses with anyone else drinking*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

In the pub watching the footie with John Aldridge...huzzah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

Aldo?! Ask him to pop over to lend the lads a hand, god knows we need all the help we can get :mad::(

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

awec wrote: »
    Men against boys so far.

Agony.

Bloody ref is helping the Spaniards out! Am wondering if they'll bring on Jesus, not that THEY need divine intervention.........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

This is amazing.
    krudler wrote: »
    I've started a blog!
    Yay, blogging! Put a link in your sig. I dunno, movie reviews? You're into films. Or use it as a r&r blog.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Argghhh - brother gf is sitting in the same room as myself on the computer, and is chatting on facebook, with the volume on the chat alert up full, driving me nuts!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah in the process of writing that post, a glass was poured and half drunk. I know I'll be cursing myself tomorrow for not doing the work tonight but sure...I have no excuse just wanted some wine :o

*chinks glasses with anyone else drinking*

*clinks glass* cheers *hiccup*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Argghhh - brother gf is sitting in the same room as myself on the computer, and is chatting on facebook, with the volume on the chat alert up full, driving me nuts!

Ask her to turn it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I've just heard about a 9 month JobBridge internship in for a dog groomer in Portlaoise.. As a vet nurse the grooming experience would be great for my CV I think. College is going to be scrapped if I get this. Well, for this year anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Has Al been back since he posted about having sex? Was it a venus fly trap he had sex with? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement