Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well that's Ireland out anyway,painful stuff to watch

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

All over now tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I've just heard about a 9 month JobBridge internship in for a dog groomer in Portlaoise.. As a vet nurse the grooming experience would be great for my CV I think. College is going to be scrapped if I get this. Well, for this year anyway.

Ask them why they're not willing to pay a wage for the job.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiera wrote: »
    Has Al been back since he posted about having sex? Was it a venus fly trap he had sex with? :eek:

LMAO,ya he's been back since

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ask her to turn it off?

We're kinda not exactly on speaking terms :o nearly prefer to have the noise than having her sulkily and petulant over there! :o

Brother back in the room - asked him to turn it down, nope :mad: gonna go over and turn it down myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

awec wrote: »
    First team knocked out of Euro 2012 by the looks of it.

Holland are out.

LMAO,ya he's been back since

And did everyone rip the piss of out him?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

If I do that, I won't get it and I could really do with experience like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

It's not really a great attitude to have, if Jane needs the experience and is on the dole anyway then why not.

Some business are struggling too to stay afloat, some people need experience, I know it's abused by some but not all, it can work both ways.

• Advertisement

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    If I do that, I won't get it and I could really do with experience like this.

It's completely up to you, obviously. I'd be very slow to advise anyone to choose Jobbridge interships over college though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

And did everyone rip the piss of out him?

dont think so

dont think so

Aw man :(

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    It's not really a great attitude to have, if Jane needs the experience and is on the dole anyway then why not.

Some business are struggling too to stay afloat, some people need experience, I know it's abused by some but not all, it can work both ways.

If that's the reason they're offering the internships then that's fine. But there are so many companies offering them purely because it's free labour. It doesn't seem to be well organised and the reports from people who've done internships through them aren't particularly glowing.

I'm just saying that if it's college vs jobbridge - college would win for me.

Aw man :(

Surprised you didn't :eek: no doubt you will though :D

Holland are out.

Not yet, they could still qualify, unlikely but possible. Ireland on the other hand out definitely be out after this game unless they come up with 2 goals, because Croatia would be ahead of them, and head to head comes into play then, which would be in favour of Croatia

Surprised you didn't :eek: no doubt you will though :D

Damn right i will. I'll make up for the rest of you :D

Not yet, they could still qualify, unlikely but possible. Ireland on the other hand out definitely be out after this game unless they come up with 2 goals, because Croatia would be ahead of them, and head to head comes into play then, which would be in favour of Croatia

Its:
    Germany - 6
    Portugal - 3
    Denmark - 3
    Holland - 0

How can they make it through?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

And it's all over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It's completely up to you, obviously. I'd be very slow to advise anyone to choose Jobbridge interships over college though.

I was going if I got a grant or BTEA, can't afford it on my own. I know it's only an extra €50 but that would be a huge help to me. At the moment I'm getting so little I can't really save a whole lot for driving lessons etc and stuff that I need to save for, that extra money would be great for me. It's only in Portlaoise so transport won't be a massive cost to me if I get it. As well as that some vet nursing jobs look for grooming experience as well as the degree so it would be great for me.

• Advertisement

Damn right i will. I'll make up for the rest of you :D

You better :mad: :pac:

Its:
    Germany - 6
    Portugal - 3
    Denmark - 3
    Holland - 0

If Germany beat Portugal and Denmark lose to the Dutch :) and must have a superior goal difference too

If Germany beat Portugal and Denmark lose to the Dutch :) and must have a superior goal difference too

Sure that's just like our odds?

Its:
    Germany - 6
    Portugal - 3
    Denmark - 3
    Holland - 0

Ninja edit there about the goal difference! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Torres, you weaselly little man :(

I don't even follow soccer, but I'm surprisingly disappointed, even though everyone knew this would be the outcome. Poor Given looked so dejected.

Sure that's just like our odds?

No, cos Spain and Croatia are on 4 points each - Ireland needed at least a point here, and win against the Italians to even have a chance

EmilyO wrote: »
    I don't even follow soccer, but I'm surprisingly disappointed, even though everyone knew this would be the outcome. Poor Given looked so dejected.

It's probably his last tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

If that's the reason they're offering the internships then that's fine. But there are so many companies offering them purely because it's free labour. It doesn't seem to be well organised and the reports from people who've done internships through them aren't particularly glowing.

I'm just saying that if it's college vs jobbridge - college would win for me.

I'm just querying the op that was "ask them why they won't pay". I don't feel it's a great attitude, it doesn't have to be a them against us situation Only Jane knows if college V's internship suits her.

I'm on one at the moment that I am making into a permanent job, I know of two others as well who are it and getting on well. There are some sh!t ones of course but there sh!t real jobs as well.

Even if it's not a great job it can at least get some people up and out into the working world. I found being on the dole completely soul destroying, not feeling part of society.

Awww it makes me teary with pride hearing the fans sing after that disaster :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Urgh am so over the flu and cold sweats and crazy dreams and muscle pain. At least icecream helps. Everything else tastes like paper.

Caught up with thread just there. Das kitty *hugs* hope you are. feeling better now.
    Bluewolf I highly recommend bramora, for first time ever I am wearing bra that fits properly. Wnt down 4 back sizes and up 4 cup sizes!

When I see women with bras that are wrong for them I just want to tell them about that place. No matter how big or droopy our boobs are, with the right bra they should be parallel to the armpit or just below it. I look, and feel, much better with the right bra, so I get on my soapbox a bit on this to try and help others.

God this match is depressing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement