Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

EmilyO wrote: »
    Popcorn down the cleavage, the main reason why I miss a good chunk of most movies I go to see.

Come home from cinema.
    Take off top and bra.
    Popcorn eruption!
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm the opposite!

Football (soccer) is about intelligence. 0-0 can be fantastic if it's played correctly. Of course the diving is ridiculous.

For me, gaelic has gone to the dogs. The amount of wides is unbelievable due to players competing to see who can kick it the highest and the whole, "I must punch the opposition player to get the ball off him to take my free" is just pathetic. In my opinion, there just isn't the same intelligence or cleverness in the game at all. Hand passing has also ruined the game. Where's the fun in hand passing it out from the back? Where's the skill in that?

Hurling is class though!

When I was saying GAA, I mostly meant hurling! I much prefer hurling to football (as in the not soccer kind!) but I prefer both to soccer. It's probably just because I grew up in a GAA crazy family who never watched soccer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

thinking of heading to bed, brother and the gf have taken the sitting room and don't want me in there, Dad is painting the ceiling of the kitchen and I can't help him with it, though I offered, cos he is only patching the bits he has done - idiot brother being an idiot :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Okay my gut feeling is that I should go for this so that's what I'm going to do.

Devastated. Absolutely devastated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm tempted to ask if the baps went with them

:pac:
    :pac:
    Novella wrote: »
    Why does my mam speak so loudly when she's on the phone?! :rolleyes:
    My mam is the same, she also has a "posh" accent and is ever so sweet. :pac:
    thinking of heading to bed, brother and the gf have taken the sitting room and don't want me in there, Dad is painting the ceiling of the kitchen and I can't help him with it, though I offered, cos he is only patching the bits he has done - idiot brother being an idiot :mad:
    You shouldn't let your brother and his girlfriend make you feel unwelcome in your own sitting room, if she has such a problem tell her to go to her own home and stop making you uncomfortable in yours.

Do you mind me asking what her/their problem is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

What's happened?

(or is it match related?)

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Jeez I'm having doubts about it now. :(

I hope thats not because of my post, I'm just joining in the discussion. :)

Look, apply for it and go for the interview if you get it anyway. Interview practice is vital for anyone, especially someone who is out of work. The more interviews you go to the better.

If you get the position and want to take it, take it. If it's not working out or they're taking advantage, you can leave. Make sure you read the interns and the employer faq's on the jobbridge site and know exactly what you're entitled to. If you can, print them out so if you have any issues with getting leave or anything you can just pull it out of your bag and show them.

Like with any job, you should make sure you're well informed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Okay my gut feeling is that I should go for this so that's what I'm going to do.

WELL go for it then..........and if they give you ****/take advantage..........."give em hell kid"

What's happened?

(or is it match related?)

Match :o
    awec wrote: »
    Ah now, it was a big ask!

At least they got there in the first place! :)

We should have beat Croatia. Tonight's game is nothing to be embarrassed about but wee should have had something to play for on Monday.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Jeez I'm having doubts about it now. :(

JobBridge internships can be a good thing, it depends on where you go and what field you're in. In my line of work there have always been unpaid internships, even in the good times. This is our first year with JobBridge interns and this way they get a little extra than usual, it's not much but every little helps.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

You shouldn't let your brother and his girlfriend make you feel unwelcome in your own sitting room, if she has such a problem tell her to go to her own home and stop making you uncomfortable in yours.

Do you mind me asking what her/their problem is?

She is just weird - no other word to describe it. Hardly talks to any of us, won't get out of the car if my mother is in the house recently - we were down in Kerry last year for a few days with her, and she had to ask my brother to ask me to get something from the press for her. He is running after her like a puppy dog, hasn't learnt any lesson from this year, and has put the whole family in a crap situation because of his carelessness. She gets all sulky sometimes, she is just very weird and my brother seems to be in love with her, and I feel that she is taking him for a pure fool. There has been a couple of very bad incidents involving her in my own home, and I don't trust her as far as I can throw her atm. Brother has a bit of a temper on him, and won't hear a word against her. I feel like a complete third wheel around them - her sister though is sound, was in some college classes with her, and she is great fun to be around, great to talk and chat and be just friendly. The gf on the other hand, well some of her actions could be generously viewed as pure rudeness

/rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Jane, you have great plus points for taking it and I fully agree that dog grooming with your degree is an awesome combo. But, as others have said, be very, very careful they don't use you.

Best of luck with it:D

Kiera, Al came back after his sexi tiams but t'other day he said he was in pain. I reckon the two are connected, the durty dog;)

I felt that way after the Croatia game - hardest thing to take from the two games is that Ireland were the creators of their own downfall, poor defending and bad mistakes for both games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

And yet none of you lot slagged him? Do I have to do everything myself :p

Kiera wrote: »

I had great intentions to but I had a 'mergency that I hadda see too!! I'll do better nxt time boss!!

Ireland could have played their best tonight and Spain would still have beat them. IMO.

Ah yeah, which is why I'm not really disappointed about tonight as much as I was on Sunday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

yes :p

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

She is just weird - no other word to describe it. Hardly talks to any of us, won't get out of the car if my mother is in the house recently - we were down in Kerry last year for a few days with her, and she had to ask my brother to ask me to get something from the press for her. He is running after her like a puppy dog, hasn't learnt any lesson from this year, and has put the whole family in a crap situation because of his carelessness. She gets all sulky sometimes, she is just very weird and my brother seems to be in love with her, and I feel that she is taking him for a pure fool. There has been a couple of very bad incidents involving her in my own home, and I don't trust her as far as I can throw her atm. Brother has a bit of a temper on him, and won't hear a word against her. I feel like a complete third wheel around them - her sister though is sound, was in some college classes with her, and she is great fun to be around, great to talk and chat and be just friendly. The gf on the other hand, well some of her actions could be generously viewed as pure rudeness

/rant over
    She sounds very strange.

Why won't she get out of the car if your mum is home? That is very odd.

As for incidents in your home - well if I was your parents I would straight out tell the brother not to bring her home again and if he did I would ask them both to leave and wouldn't let up until they did leave.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for making someone feel uncomfortable in their own home.

As for asking him to ask you to get her something from the press, I'd tell him no and if she wanted it she could get it herself or he could get it for her.

By pandering to her requests you are only facilitating her already childish behaviour.

Hopefully your brother will find someone else who will treat him - and your family the way you should be treated, not the way this, girl (cos she isn't acting like a grown woman) is acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Ah I'm such a mess, never realised it was possible to miss somebody this much and I'm really not doing very well with it. *frustrated noises*

Got drenched today too, what a horrible day. So hard to believe it's June!

This was the issue:

andres+iniesta+playing+football+-+-0009.jpg

*sniff* *weeps*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Has Al been back since he posted about having sex? Was it a venus fly trap he had sex with? :eek:

Oh Jesus. :o

/hides under table

Nope, I've been back since (I complimented Links on her wonderful drawing last night, remember?). :D

Been a little busy for the past few days (really long day at work on Monday, whinge-fest and feeling sorry for myself on Tuesday and attending A&E as a patient on Wednesday) so not too much time for boards.

~~

I'm kind of concerned that there was what appears to be a major international soccer match on today that I genuinely did not know about at all. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ah I'm such a mess, never realised it was possible to miss somebody this much and I'm really not doing very well with it. *frustrated noises*

Aw, you poor thing :( *hugs* You're not a mess though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Albection wrote: »

Been a little busy for the past few days (really long day at work on Monday, whinge-fest and feeling sorry for myself on Tuesday and attending A&E as a patient on Wednesday too busy roiding :D) so not too much time for boards.

happy now Kiera?? :D

i know how you feel :( *hug*

Albection wrote: »
    Oh Jesus. :o

/hides under table

Nope, I've been back since (I complimented Links on her wonderful drawing last night, remember?). :D

Been a little busy for the past few days (really long day at work on Monday, whinge-fest and feeling sorry for myself on Tuesday and attending A&E as a patient on Wednesday) so not too much time for boards.

~~

I'm kind of concerned that there was what appears to be a major international soccer match on today that I genuinely did not know about at all. :eek:

Sounds like an Usher song:p

See Kiera? I told ya he has sex injuries:D Sex injuries are the most awesome kind of injury

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Apparently someone found my blog by searching for "Jesus in a tree".

Seems legit.
    _40700556_tree6_203.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Lucyfur wrote: »
    See Kiera? I told ya he has sex injuries:D Sex injuries are the most awesome kind of injury

I would have preferred that.

I actually went to make sure that I wasn't about to go blind in my left eye (actually it would have taken several weeks/months but it was still scary).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement