Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Apparently someone found my blog by searching for "Jesus in a tree".

Seems legit.
    _40700556_tree6_203.jpg

There's a certain irony to having that photo being the 1080th post. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Albection wrote: »
    I would have preferred that.

I actually went to make sure that I wasn't about to go blind in my left eye (actually it would have taken several weeks/months but it was still scary).

:(

A sex injury would have been MUCH nicer. Hope you're ok x

Lucyfur wrote: »
    :(

A sex injury would have been MUCH nicer. Hope you're ok x

I'm fine. :D Just need to be kind of careful in the future and keep getting it looked at (which I was doing already but sh!t just got weird on Tuesday and then I had to wait for the department to be open before I could get access to the necessary people and equipment to check it out).

Got the cool scan of the back of my eye though (and even got a copy to take home!) and helped train one of the junior doctors on how to work the special slit lamp and lens configuration for looking at the back of the eye by being a nice little interactive model.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I really wish people would reply to messages confirming availability/requirements for stuff. I've yet to *not* have to nudge them into replying/acknowledging that they got the bloody messages :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I actually went to make sure that I wasn't about to go blind in my left eye (actually it would have taken several weeks/months but it was still scary).

shoite now i kinda feel bad for my post!! Hope you are ok!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Novella wrote: »
    Aw, you poor thing :( *hugs* You're not a mess though! :)

Thank you :) I feel like more than a bit of a mess, I was crying in Captain America's and the waitress thought it was because of the football, led to my friends and I sharing a laugh with her though :D I need to figure out a way to deal with it better :o
    i know how you feel :( *hug*

Thank you, *hug* for you too :)<3

Jesus, hope you're okay! Mind yourself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I really wish people would reply to messages confirming availability/requirements for stuff. I've yet to *not* have to nudge them into replying/acknowledging that they got the bloody messages :mad:
    +1, I text my auntie earlier today trying to find out a time for something, she had to check with someone else, fair enough, but then tonight she rang my mothers phone instead of ringing or texting me to tell me.

So basically going through my mother to get to me :confused:

She didn't mean anything bad by it, just didn't think, I think.

shoite now i kinda feel bad for my post!! Hope you are ok!
    Jesus, hope you're okay! Mind yourself :)

I'm fine. :)

It's a chronic and only potentially progressive eye condition that I was diagnosed with just under a year ago.

But it is one of the leading causes of blindness for people in my age group in the UK so I kind of freaked out a bit when things went "funny". :o

Got it checked out and well, I'm in as much trouble as I usually am so it's good news. But only if I keep on top of it.

But only if I keep on top of it.

Didn't read this properly until now. :o I'll leave it out here. For Kiera. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Have Russell Howard's Right Here Right Now stand-up show loading for me to watch in a while. :D

Can someone explain why i am so addicted to Big Fat Gypsy Weddings???? I should be sleeping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Can someone explain why i am so addicted to Big Fat Gypsy Weddings???? I should be sleeping!!!
    Because you're a romantic at heart?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Why did I know last night that it was going to be lashing rain tonight after the match and so I knew I needed an umbrella last night and decided upon leaving this afternoon for college not to bring one?

Why did I then refuse the offer of a loan of one when in college? Not my proudest moment, I'm still drying out:(
    Kiera wrote: »
    Its:
    Germany - 6
    Portugal - 3
    Denmark - 3
    Holland - 0

How can they make it through?

Because if they beat Portugal and Germany beat Denmark (two likeliest results), they can go through on goal difference. Yet both those results can happen and they will also go out on head-to-head results as well. It's complicated.:pac:

Because you're a romantic at heart?

Thats it exactly and im jealous of the bridesmaids dressed as pineapples :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

im jealous of the bridesmaids dressed as pineapples :P

Well, they do say it is the most chic of all fruits. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It's all the sparkles. They hypnotise you!! :D

Well, they do say it is the most chic of all fruits. :cool:

we all know if it was a strawberry it would reek of tackyness! :P
    Larianne wrote: »
    It's all the sparkles. They hypnotise you!! :D

and the ruffles!! they just draw you in!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Russell Howard is hilarious!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I've just heard about a 9 month JobBridge internship in for a dog groomer in Portlaoise.. As a vet nurse the grooming experience would be great for my CV I think. College is going to be scrapped if I get this. Well, for this year anyway.

I'd say go for it if you get it Jane! College WILL always be there but it may be hard to get relevant work experience easily, especially for a decent length of time. I know your profession is totally different from mine but I have found it to be a general rule that following a primary degree/qualification, it looks good to have some practical experience which you can then build on with a postgrad qualification rather than rushing straight in without much applied experience to relate your new learning to. I say this as someone who "wasted" an MSc by doing it straight from undergrad- I would have got a lot more out of it and done a lot better in it if I had had more work experience at that time to ground it in.

Also, I know there's a lot of controversy about Jobridge and similar, but if it's going to help you then I wouldn't dismiss it. It's again not quite the same thing, but the fairly basic bits of voluntary work that I did for a few years in my chosen field are what got me into a paid first-step-on-the-ladder job (more so than my qualifications, at that stage) and it's been all upwards since there! Who knows, if you keep an eye out for paid positions you may be in a much stronger position to apply while you're in a relevant position already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was fed up yesterday when my internet was not working because it meant I couldn't watch the match (our internet box covers our telephone, tv and internet). But since I heard the result, not so much. Internet is STILL not working (and the ISP want you to call from YOUR HOUSE PHONE to resolve the problem....IT'S NOT WORKING HOW CAN I CALL!!) so I'm squatting on the grandparent's-in-laws wifi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

happyhappyhappyhappyhappy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Ow.

Ow.

Free bar last night.

I did something really thoughtful for a friend, he appreciated it a lot, I am happy as a result. :) And he doesn't know that it was only the first in a line of surprises I have planned for him, mwahahaha! I love surprising people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

FRUIT for breakfast this morning :p

Maaybe some drinks tonight :)

i'm SOOOO sleepy
    halp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

bluewolf wrote: »
    i'm SOOOO sleepy
    halp

*Throws a bucket of cold water over bluewolf*
    *waits for thanks....*

*Throws a bucket of cold water over bluewolf*
    *waits for thanks....*

*throws bucket at ivy* :pac:

i went for pepsi max but they only had diet coke :( got it anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Second time in the short 3 months I have been working here that I have spilled whatever I have been drinking all over my desk. I need to get a sippy cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Last night's date was AMAZING. I have hearts popping out of my eyes right now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement