Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

It's weird listening to all the Father's Day ads listing why Dads are so great and all the stuff they do for their kids, my mom did all of that, it never really dawned on me that other people's dads did any of it! Dunno how I've never noticed those ads before any year. Should've sent mom a father's day card for being awesome but forgot to get one posted by yesterday evening, poop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Broke the screen on my phone last night....nooooooooo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

That moral dilemma when you have access to a famous person's home phone number because they accidentally tweet it...

Have no intention of ringing it, but it'd be silly not to at least save it... just in case, y'know? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That moral dilemma when you have access to a famous person's home phone number because they accidentally tweet it...

Have no intention of ringing it, but it'd be silly not to at least save it... just in case, y'know? :)

Problem is, probably loads of other not-very-concientious people have it now too...so the number will be changed pretty quick...So get ringing!

I had to call the DMC of Run DMC for a boss a few years ago so had his number saved in my phone for ages (I know he's not particularly famous anymore but still!) and another boss used to call out his private credit card number with his office door open when paying for things over the phone, we used to write it down and show it to him to try and convince him how stupid he was being doing it in a big store!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Acoshla wrote: »
    It's weird listening to all the Father's Day ads listing why Dads are so great and all the stuff they do for their kids, my mom did all of that, it never really dawned on me that other people's dads did any of it! Dunno how I've never noticed those ads before any year. Should've sent mom a father's day card for being awesome but forgot to get one posted by yesterday evening, poop.

My dad died almost 3 years ago so i dont have to worry about fathers day, however his birthday is on the 18th he would have been 57, so its a bit of a double whammy for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I have a lot of celebrities home addresses and emails at my disposal, good job I'm not the stalker type :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Job interview. Job interview. Job interview. PLEASE GIVES ME FULL TIME JOB!

Must remember not to eat or drink before it. Half of breakfast on self is not a professional look. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

My dad died almost 3 years ago so i dont have to worry about fathers day, however his birthday is on the 18th he would have been 57, so its a bit of a double whammy for me :(

Ah Grindelwald, sorry to hear that. Hope you get through the anniversary ok, it's tough. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I used to manage a video shop in a very well off area so we'd loads of "famous" peoples accounts.
    I remember the day a guy came up to the counter with a dvd, I asked the account and he said "jonathan rhys meyers" and i just asked "how'd ya spell that?" before I coped. Actually checked the cover of August Rush while I was getting the films to see was it the same guy :o
    He rented King Arthur and never returned it! :eek::p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Acoshla wrote: »

*nods*

You know, I think this is part of the reason I went so loopy after James was born because I had no clue what dads actually do. I grew up with everything being the mother's job, so I tried to fill that role.

My husband is my new role model for what a father should be. He's brilliant and he'll be getting all the father's day love on Sunday from James and me.

I actually can't imagine what it'd be like to have a "proper" Dad, I used to be fascinated in my friend's houses when their dads did things like make decisions, make dinner, pay for things, know stuff about their children! :eek::p

never met mine, always been me and mum...

we don't celebrate mothers day though... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My little monkey and I will be making a big fuss over my OH on Sunday. He's not juniors biological dad but he's done a damn sight more for both of us than the other eejit ever did. He is the kindest, sweetest, hottest, sexiest man on the planet and I'm looking forward to spoiling him and pampering him for the day...not that we need a certain day to do that but I think it'll be nice for him to be acknowledged on Fathers Day:D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I got my dates mixed up and gave the OH a card from Baby Oreo. Last Sunday.:o

I haz mamnesia.

Though it was awfully cute - I put baby's footprint in paint on it (cos baby cant sign it yet) OH was chuffed, and didnt even mention I'd got the date wrong until I found out a few days later.

Neyite wrote: »
    I got my dates mixed up and gave the OH a card from Baby Oreo. Last Sunday.:o

I haz mamnesia.

Though it was awfully cute - I put baby's footprint in paint on it (cos baby cant sign it yet) OH was chuffed, and didnt even mention I'd got the date wrong until I found out a few days later.
    Ooh that footprint idea is good!

I haz mamnesia too. If it isn't written on a to-do list, it doesn't get done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Albection wrote: »
    Oh Jesus. :o

/hides under table

Nope, I've been back since (I complimented Links on her wonderful drawing last night, remember?). :D

I want the gorey details....

Who is she? What does she look like? Are you gonna see her again? Why wasnt it me?

So my face got sunburnt on Sunday and now it's started peeling.

Do I mosturise or exfoliate??

moisturise or you'll do damage

I would say moisturise. Wouldn't exfoliation be very harsh on burned skin?

• Advertisement

Cool thanks, I'll mosturise.

It looks desperat at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

tumblr_m5m906BPFc1qbjt25o1_500.jpg

So cute! Although I doubt he's particularly sad.

Going to read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo again and hopefully have a nap, stupid cramps are driving me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

bluewolf wrote: »
    never met mine, always been me and mum...

we don't celebrate mothers day though... :pac:

My Dad isn't around either (which is a blessing in disguise), my mother is both parents rolled into one so I send her a card for Father's Day every year for funsies, she loves it :D

It's sad that a lot of you didnt have good Dad's. My Dad died when i was 15. I never met the sperm donor but the man that raised me and loved me so much isnt here anymore and its a big ball of sucky!

coco_lola wrote: »
    My Dad isn't around either (which is a blessing in disguise), my mother is both parents rolled into one so I send her a card for Father's Day every year for funsies, she loves it :D

I can't believe I never thought of sending her one before, it seems so obvious now and I've missed the chance!

My Dad's around, he's just weird. Sweet, but weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

A boogie board is a fantastic wedding present.

Right?

Right?

A boogie board is a fantastic wedding present.

Right?

Right?

Wut? :confused:

Did someone give you one or are you planning on giving a couple one for their wedding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

My dad has only been in my life for two years and have never managed to celebrate fathers day together, he lives in the UK and I'm in Ireland so it's a bit more difficult, trying to save/pay for a trip abroad etc.

Have to go into town now and it's raining heavily on and off, ugh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Kiera wrote: »
    It's sad that a lot of you didnt have good Dad's. My Dad died when i was 15. I never met the sperm donor but the man that raised me and loved me so much isnt here anymore and its a big ball of sucky!

:(

<3

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    :(

<3

Ah don’t feel sorry for me. My Nana and Grandad raised me from 3months and I was one lucky little girl with lots of love. My real Mam (who I grew up thinking was my sister) was young and my Nana wanted her to finish her nursing so they both raised me and I grew up thinking they were my Mam and Dad until I was 12 (when they told me). I was legally adopted when I was 17 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement