Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

krudler wrote: »
    am I the only person who didnt find that movie funny?

...hello?

Think you have to be a girl to get the full benifit of the jokes. I wonder what my hubby will think? i'll let you know later if he joined your club!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Ok, I now know what needs to happen when I die:

http://www.casketfurniture.com/prod/manhattan.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

watch Tangled, tis funny

I keep realising just how many Disney movies I haven't seen - My grandmother sent me a Disney video (I'm old) for every special occasion and I still have them all at home, but mostly the classics, I haven't seen a lot of the newer ones!

Tangled is on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

watch Tangled, tis funny

I haven't seen this either! Must watch it soon....

Got my hair cut and decided to get a full fringe in....MAJOR mistake, I bloody hate it! :(

But I'm glad its the weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

awec wrote: »
    Anyone got any exciting plans for the weekend?

My friend is coming to visit from Canada, have only seen her once since I left there 5 years ago (how can it be 5 years??), going to meet her boyfriend for the first time and have a great few days hopefully, showing them the Wesht. Praying it doesn't rain the entire time!

Think you have to be a girl to get the full benifit of the jokes. I wonder what my hubby will think? i'll let you know later if he joined your club!

My boyfriend loves that movie, krudler's just a freak :)

That cat video is hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I got the jokes, its just too long and bloated with unfunny scenes. the airplane and bridal shop parts were funny, theres no need for a comedy to be over 2hrs, the dvd version is 131 mins, 90-100 mins is plenty long for a comedy film

...hello?

i couldn't finish watching it tbh, what a load of sh!te
    cringe cringe

having dinner then maybe nap then driving home
    plans for weekend: drink tea eat oreos read study

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I *think* I may have passed my exams :D

I say think because two of the grades seem far to good to be mine. Also one of the exams I found ok didn't get a great mark.

It also appears that I've been allowed compensate. I'm not even sure I'm looking at the right results....

I don't understand college results. BUT WHO CARES I PASSED. :cool:

*runs to check student number for the 5th time...*

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

kate.m wrote: »

I say think because two of the grades seem far to good to be mine. Also one of the exams I found ok didn't get a great mark.

It also appears that I've been allowed compensate. I'm not even sure I'm looking at the right results....

Well done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Albection wrote: »
    Ok, I now know what needs to happen when I die:

http://www.casketfurniture.com/prod/manhattan.html

Im being cremated :D they can stick me in a cardboard box :)

not having a funeral either and im not to be laid out for everyone to look at my corpse:mad: nosy fekcers!!!

my hubby has the same wishes as mine, think i will throw a party after the cremation as a celebration of his life (if he goes before i do)... and the tune i will play is DAYS.... when i collect his ashes they are to be tossed over the clifs of moher (and no im not going over the edge along with them). I dont care what happens to my ashes. I have no requests as such only i want to be cremated, no funeral and not to be laid out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Albection wrote: »
    Does watching The Lion King on DVD count? :)

YES!!

...hello?

Hello.

Nah, it wasn't that great. All the best bits are in the ad and considering that's only 2 minutes long...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Kiera wrote: »
    A boogie board is a fantastic wedding present.

Right?

Right?
    Wut? :confused:

Did someone give you one or are you planning on giving a couple one for their wedding?

I gave my friends one this afternoon. They were delighted. They skipped with mirth.

Other than the skipping with mirth bit, this is all true.

I gave my friends one this afternoon.

*shakes head*
    I jumped onto the thread and saw this post first...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

absolutely exhausted cleaning stuff today :(

gonna have a shower. a really long, extra relaxing shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I gave my friends one this afternoon. They were delighted. They skipped with mirth.

Other than the skipping with mirth bit, this is all true.

Well then it's a great present :)

I know most of my mates would break it over my head if i bought them one but none of them are into water sports (Bluey and Das get back in your boxes :P)

Well then it's a great present :)

I know most of my mates would break it over my head if i bought them one but none of them are into water sports (Bluey and Das get back in your boxes :P)

Whose box am I getting into? :pac:

none of them are into water sports

Giggity.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Whose box am I getting into? :pac:

Al's below you there ;)

He can post about having sex with you next :P

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

/hides under couch instead of table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

kate.m wrote: »

Delighted for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Im being cremated :D they can stick me in a cardboard box :)

not having a funeral either and im not to be laid out for everyone to look at my corpse:mad: nosy fekcers!!!

my hubby has the same wishes as mine, think i will throw a party after the cremation as a celebration of his life (if he goes before i do)... and the tune i will play is DAYS.... when i collect his ashes they are to be tossed over the clifs of moher (and no im not going over the edge along with them). I dont care what happens to my ashes. I have no requests as such only i want to be cremated, no funeral and not to be laid out.

My grandparent's died within a year of each other. We scattered their ashes together in the ocean near where they go married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im not too sure how the interview went but they are letting me know later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I now have a huge urge to watch a load of Disney films over the weekend. The old animated ones at that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Getting my hair cut and blonde highlights next week :D YAY! I *love having my hair blonde, it was naturally blonde until I was 11 or 12 and then it darkened so I got highlights a few times, haven't gotten them since this time last year though so my hair is quite dark at the moment, it will make a big change. :)

Getting my hair cut and blonde highlights next week :D YAY! I *love having my hair blonde, it was naturally blonde until I was 11 or 12 and then it darkened so I got highlights a few times, haven't gotten them since this time last year though so my hair is quite dark at the moment, it will make a big change. :)

Yay for being blonde \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

All this death talk is sad. My grandad is waiting on cancer test results at the moment, I really hope they come back negative. He's 69, so not very old, which I hope is a good thing. I'm not going to get upset about it unless the results say he has it, but is still :(

Went to Waterford today with my boyfriend. Weather was shite so it wasn't much fun. But I think I'm going to buy the Samsung SII tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Walking out of the hairdressers is the nicest feeling, you just feel so much better about yourself! I'm hoping I can get an appointment tomorrow 'cause while I could get away with my roots for another couple of weeks, I'd really like to have nice hair for my interview on Monday!

And shorter hair. So I'm less likely to dip it in things!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement