Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Up way too early on a Saturday morning thanx to two 5 &6 year olds... Waking me up at 7,30 looking for soccer shirts....

They are not at soccer till 9.30...
    I've no excuse for being so early only that my body clock sucks ass! I think I was a rooster in a past life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

My best friend is pregnant, hasn't told her parents yet despite being 4 mths gone. She told a mutual close friend, who told her sister who told other people and now it's out.

Obviously my friend is so upset - swears she's finished with the friend that told. I'm quite disgusted with her too, to be honest but it's not my business/kind of childish to fall out with her too.

Today Im going to start buying things for the baby. A couple of small things every week until times up, and put it altogether in a pretty baby hamper and surprise her with it before baby is born. I am so excited for her and for it to arrive. Going to be the best non-auntie this baby will have ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Polloloca wrote: »
    My best friend is pregnant, hasn't told her parents yet despite being 4 mths gone. She told a mutual close friend, who told her sister who told other people and now it's out.

Obviously my friend is so upset - swears she's finished with the friend that told. I'm quite disgusted with her too, to be honest but it's not my business/kind of childish to fall out with her too.

Has your friend talked to her parents yet?

Jujibee, she hasn't. I told her last night she needs to do it NOW because a - she'll feel better and b - it would break her dads heart to hear it from someone else as they are very close. As it is, her dads noticing something isn't right. To be honest he probably has a fair idea. She tried tell him a few weeks ago but started crying and couldn't get it out although she said it was just sitting there, in the back of her throat, she just couldn't bring herself to say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

When we were 19 my best friend got pregnant, she knew when she was about 8 weeks gone, told me, my mum and another friend, but didn't tell her mum until she was about 4.5 months gone. When she decided to tell her mum she said "Mum, I've something to tell you", and her mum said "You're pregnant aren't you". Her change in behaviour, lack of nights out etc meant her mother knew something was up. Must be such a tough thing to tell parents when it's unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Jesus I have a terrible headache! :o I shouldn't feel like this after only having 2 drinks last night... :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I told my mom that i was pregnant at around 6 weeks, didnt tell dad till i was around 10 weeks. They were ok with it, i wasnt living at home, dad thought i ruined my life but once my young lady was born they were delighted. I was 18 when i got pregnant and 19 when i had her. She is the my mothers only female grandchild so is spoilt rotten by her.

Its not the worst thing to tell your mom or dad, and once they are over the shock they can (but not always) be a rock of support!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiera wrote: »
    Yeah it is. Wooohoo, i'm getting some lovin :D

That is if he hasnt forgotten what i look like :P

Who could forget a beaut like you ;)?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I worry that I might starve to death if somebody doesn't feed me soon!

• Advertisement

Would 4 new tyres for my dads car be a shyte fathers day present? I'm at a loss at what to get.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Would 4 new tyres for my dads car be a shyte fathers day present? I'm at a loss at what to get.

If he needs 4 new tyres it's a very practical, thoughtful gift :D Don't take my word for it though. I'm shite when it comes to giving presents :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think it'd be a good Father's Day gift too! I'm about to head into town to get a pressie for my dad too, not a clue what to get him. Also need to get running shoes too for myself, my poor Laser card :eek:

Procrastinating by looking up the odds that Spain and Croatia are going to play for a 2-2 draw, therefore shutting out Italy...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Awesome sleep was all kinds of awesome:D

Kiera, a dodgy leg wouldn't bother me in the slightest:D

I told my mom when I was about 7 weeks...I had planned to cook her a nice meal, have a nice desert, pour her a nice drink and tell her calmly.

Opened the door...she hadn't even stepped inside when I blurted....

''MOMI'VESOMETHINGTOTELLYOUI'MPREGNANTPLEASEDON'THATEME''

She asked me was I happy, I sez I was, she gave me a big hug and we went and had nice dinner.

I would LOVE if someone bought me four new tyres.

Or a timing belt. Anyone? Anybody?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Lashing in Wexford again. I think I'm a jinx :(

I'm going to a fundraising tea party now and then I am going out, yayyy! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Right girls (and boys!) I need help! Any recommendations for bachelorette and wedding presents for my 22 year old bride to be friend?! I'm totally lost!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

It keeps alternating between very heavy showers and mildly sunny here in Dublin :confused: Feicin odd weather.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

awec wrote: »
    Bachellorette presents? Feck that noise!

Wedding present - do they not have a list?

Do people really do that list thing? :eek::confused:

if i went around with a list of things i wanted for my birthday...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Bachellorette presents? Feck that noise!

Wedding present - do they not have a list?

I have to get her one!

And they do have a list except by the time I got around to looking at it there was only 4 things left on it! And I don't have time to order online!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Gonna make chocolate biscuit cake for my baby-daddy.

*snap snap*

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Friends of mine asked for charity donations at their wedding, so much easier to donate €50 to their choice and be done with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Of course. It works well, it means you are getting them what they actually need.

Stops them getting 5 blenders, or 10 coffee machines.

Yeah, I won't be having any list if I get married :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

For my friends wedding I made them up a hamper of stuff I knew they'd like- sweets, ps3 games for him, awesome baking stuff for her and a few random fun toys from the gadget shop.
    They were so happy to get something other than a vase or photo frame (they got 13 vases in total!). Personal is always better :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement