Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just won €3 on the lotto, the milky bars are on me! ;)

Now if only it had a couple of zeros after it...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Anyone know where I could find a cheap leprechaun costume?!

Also, dear jesus...

What a complete twit edit - don't mean u MCR, mean that one u linked to!
    Kurt Cobain is trending because of my tweets about how Bieber is much better than him. I made you relevant Kurt, you owe me! :)

What kind of a f**kin idiot is she??? People like that shouldn't be left near a computer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Ohhh a wedding list!!! OMGIWANTONE!!!

Also, we were gonna get a bouncy castle but I'm terrified of evertone going home broken:(....so instead we're getting a shiitload of buckets and spades and water guns and stuff:D

Oh Oh! Get a bunch of nerf guns and eleventy billion darts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I just watched a film called In The Bedroom which was really good. I'm now watching a film about Dracula's dog, which is not so good...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Oh Oh! Get a bunch of nerf guns and eleventy billion darts...

:eek:

I will!!!

*adds nerf guns to list*

:D:D

Also, I told my bf I wanted to get little fans for everyone for the churchy bit, cos we're not doing wedding favours or anything so I thought that'd be a nice touch.

The goon actually thought I meant big plug in fans for all of the guests. Love my wee eejit:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I am happy. I loves my man. I loves my dog. And I loves baileys.
    *happy dances*
    I also love nachos and cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

bubblefett wrote: »
    I am happy. I loves my man. I loves my dog. And I loves baileys.
    *happy dances*
    I also love nachos and cake.

Judging by this post, Bailey's is your friend tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

So, the wii fit which I bought off my brother has eventually started working, and I've rediscovered my love for the hula hoop game (with the curtains well closed so the neighbours see nothing of me trying to stop the already loose jammies from falling down as I wobble around...). Its also told me I'm overweight by nearly three stone. Lads, a size twelve is too big on me, my jeans are falling off me as they are, I know I'm short but thats ridiculous...

I'd love some Baileys!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just back from Jaws, was fun watching people who had obviously never seen it jump at the scary parts, head in the boat, one of the best jump scares in movie history :D

my official verdict is that bridesmaids had cringey parts but not too bad overall and now i am able to sleep :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I think for the next scary movie they should bring my dead gold fish jaws back from fishy heaven cause nobody ever suspects the goldfish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Just finished making Dad a card. (Falling asleep directly after work made it a late-night endeavour). Think I might just get him Jack White's new album. We've always been a bit "hey, I think you'll like this book/cd" and it works quite well.

Trying a delicious-looking recipe from the Cooking club tomorrow, hungry for it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

krudler wrote: »
    just back from Jaws, was fun watching people who had obviously never seen it jump at the scary parts, head in the boat, one of the best jump scares in movie history :D

noooooooooo!! I totally forgot that was on and I wanted to go!!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    noooooooooo!! I totally forgot that was on and I wanted to go!!!!! :(

its on all weekend :) go see it in Showtime though, its on in the luxury screen,leather reclining seats, awww yeah :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just made buns and cakes for a Christening tomorrow, I swear I'll never do it again as long as I live.

Started baking at around 9pm and am only finished now.

Made over 30 buns, 12 of which went to shyte, so had to re-make them. :(

My feet are aching, I just want me bed, wish the buns in the oven would hurry and cook!

krudler wrote: »
    its on all weekend :) go see it in Showtime though, its on in the luxury screen,leather reclining seats, awww yeah :cool:

*makes time and finds money*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

My hair is seriously pissing me off. I kinda hate the fringe thing. It's annoying and doesn't suit me. Everyone keeps saying they like it but I think they are just saying that to say something...I wish they would be honest! Didn't think my hair could make me so angry...argh!

Just had tea in the kitchen with my housemate for 40 minutes to piss off our other housemate who's getting the ride :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh my poor back... :(

Good lord it's awfully bright outside. Note to self: purchase black out curtains. Meh head :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lia_lia wrote: »
    My hair is seriously pissing me off. I kinda hate the fringe thing. It's annoying and doesn't suit me. Everyone keeps saying they like it but I think they are just saying that to say something...I wish they would be honest! Didn't think my hair could make me so angry...argh!

Well I do like it, and I'm not just saying that (because honestly, I have no reason to lie and I don't give compliments unless I mean them anyway). It really suits the shape of your face.

However, all that matters is whether you like it or not. So if you don't get yourself some cute clips. (But honestly it's lovely).

I think I may have chocolate-biscuit-cake-failed. Is it supposed to look like that going into the cake tin? (shoulda asked Acoshla for her recipe :( )

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Lia_lia wrote: »

Well I do like it, and I'm not just saying that (because honestly, I have no reason to lie and I don't give compliments unless I mean them anyway). It really suits the shape of your face.

However, all that matters is whether you like it or not. So if you don't get yourself some cute clips. (But honestly it's lovely).

I think I may have chocolate-biscuit-cake-failed. Is it supposed to look like that going into the cake tin? (shoulda asked Acoshla for her recipe :( )

+1

I think it looks really good on you but if you don't like it don't keep it. You can clip it back or whatever til it grows back :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

All happy today. Great night last night and great day today.

Boyfriend is lovely and has me in a very lovey squishy mood today.

I called out to my dad to give him his Fathers Day pie and cookies and he surprised me with childhood doggy's old leather collar. I thought it was buried with my dog and so I've been trying to find a replica of it everywhere for my little woof. Bawled my eyes out when I saw it :o

I've lost a bit of weight off my hips finally as proven by the kick ass dress I'm wearing today :D

And I bought an online game that involves dinosaurs and guns.

Everything's coming up Milhouse:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I really miss my dad and my siblings, just want to see them, even for a few hours :(

Had a completely shíte day and didn't get to go to the Christening thanks to my selfish inconsiderate mother who cares about herself and no one else.

If I could afford it I'd sleep in a hostel just to get away from her. Been crying on and off all morning because of her. I've had enough of her.

I was so so looking forward to the Christening and getting to see everyone, especially my baby cousin, but of course my mother couldn't help herself she had to ruin it. Disgusted with her.

The Lovely Muffin - I'm sorry that you're upset. It must be hard for you living in an atmosphere where you're clearly unhappy. But you're an adult, a grown woman. How did your mother prevent you from going to your little cousins christening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Just finished an epic 2 day session in limerick...now wont get home till 11....****e!

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Went to dibner with the family, now on the couch in jocks and a tshirt watching modern family!!

Happy Panda :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Just ran a 5k race and feeling good! Playing a session tonight with my sister, very nervous I never really play music in public. But looking forward to it at the same time!

Father's Day can be tough when your dad is dead. Got a lovely facebook message from Chatterpiller - she so sweet :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

"Saying someone can't be sad because someone else may have it worse, is just like saying that someone can't be happy because someone else may have it better."

I love internet wisdom. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement