Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Sooo.... I'm thinking of moving to Australia next January... thoughts?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

coco_lola wrote: »
    Sooo.... I'm thinking of moving to Australia next January... thoughts?? :D

Do it! I did it when i was 20 and it was the best time ever! :)

Kiera wrote: »
    Do it! I did it when i was 20 and it was the best time ever! :)

My mother already lives over there (permanently), and if I'm honest, she's the main reason I want to go! I have debts to clear here, but I could pay them off in a few years. If I got a good job I could continue to pay them off when I move over. But I have a good permanent job with opportunities for progression, am I mad to go over there? There are jobs in my field over there so the plan would be to go on a WHV and then get sponsorship!

My mother already lives over there (permanently), and if I'm honest, she's the main reason I want to go! I have debts to clear here, but I could pay them off in a few years. If I got a good job I could continue to pay them off when I move over. But I have a good permanent job with opportunities for progression, am I mad to go over there? There are jobs in my field over there so the plan would be to go on a WHV and then get sponsorship!

You should do a pros and cons list and see which wins. That's what i'd do. But then again i also flip coins to make up my mind sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

It'd be a massive help to have a base and contacts there, so if you get a job sorted I'd say go for it!

• Advertisement

You should do a pros and cons list and see which wins. That's what i'd do. But then again i also flip coins to make up my mind sometimes :)
    It'd be a massive help to have a base and contacts there, so if you get a job sorted I'd say go for it!

Honestly, I think that I wouldn't go over if my mother and cousins weren't there. I was there at Christmas for a month and fell in love with the place, the people, everything. I like the lifestyle and know I would enjoy living there, but I never would have gone if I didn't have family. I'm really a homebird, but home to me is where my family is, and Australia felt like home when I was there!

I have a really good permanent job which is why I would normally not consider going but I do have the opportunity to find work when over there.. But I guess doing a pros/cons list is the best way to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I hate this time on a Sunday evening. It's when the dread of the work week sets in :(

Sunday evenings still give me the "I haven't done my homework yet" panic. Also I feel like it's Saturday cos I only came home yesterday...it is not. Boo working Saturday and Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Janey lola92 you nearly gave me heart failure. I read your post wrong and thought that you were leaving your boyf:eek: :eek: Tho I'm still not quite sure who you want to wake, the boyf or your baby:o

Ah lovely muffin that's awful that you had to miss the family do. I'm guessing that you were depending on your mam to drive you?

Hugs to those feeling down or missing their dads xxx

This thread is brill. Cos I've been sick I haven't seen another person in a few days but feel like you guys are around me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Drunken boybestie last night informed me that my coming up to visit him after our friend went missing in February, as soon as I got back from Wales, was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for him, and thats when he knew he loved me.

Between watching the RTE miniseries on the Stardust tragedy after My Sisters Keeper, and that, I bawled.

Need to see him, even just his poor hungover suffering self to give him a big cuddle.

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Janey lola92 you nearly gave me heart failure. I read your post wrong and thought that you were leaving your boyf:eek: :eek: Tho I'm still not quite sure who you want to wake, the boyf or your baby:o

Ah lovely muffin that's awful that you had to miss the family do. I'm guessing that you were depending on your mam to drive you?

This thread is brill. Cos I've been sick I haven't seen another person in a few days but feel like you guys are around me :)

We're here for you but not too close to get your germs, the perfect relationship :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Being a girl hurts!

Novella wrote: »
    Being a girl hurts!

Ah jeez are we starting to sync up? :eek::o

*noms chocolate*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I feel so sad and lonely. I wish it would go away.

We're here for you but not too close to get your germs, the perfect relationship :D

:D:D:D very true

Another snycy person here

Hugs almostnever.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Drunken boybestie last night informed me that my coming up to visit him after our friend went missing in February, as soon as I got back from Wales, was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for him, and thats when he knew he loved me.

Between watching the RTE miniseries on the Stardust tragedy after My Sisters Keeper, and that, I bawled.

Need to see him, even just his poor hungover suffering self to give him a big cuddle.

Yous two REALLY need to have the sexi tiams.

Also, *hugs* almostnever

Painkillers and chocolate for all!

Novella wrote: »
    Painkillers and chocolate for all!

Luckily I tend not to need painkillers. I do tend to need chocolate and any type of bread related food. I also tend to need no human people in the immediate vacinity, lest I commit murder.

Other than that, I'm good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

<brat> I have not had a period in over a year due to my birth control :D </brat>

This week is going to suck at work :mad::o but if I get through it I have one week of holiday on the other side! :pac:

jujibee wrote: »
    I have not had a period in over a year due to my birth control :D

In some ways I'm jealous of you, but I really think I'd need that reassurance every month.. I rejoice when I get it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Luckily I tend not to need painkillers. I do tend to need chocolate and any type of bread related food. I also tend to need no human people in the immediate vacinity, lest I commit murder.

Lucky!! I was so bad there just before the weekend I even took Solpadine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Tigger99 wrote: »

Nope wasn't depending on my mum to drive me, my uncle was picking us up as neither my mother or I drive.
    Polloloca wrote: »
    The Lovely Muffin - I'm sorry that you're upset. It must be hard for you living in an atmosphere where you're clearly unhappy. But you're an adult, a grown woman. How did your mother prevent you from going to your little cousins christening?
    It's a long story and not one I wish to repeat, I spent half of the day in tears because of her and frankly don't wish to spend a second more thinking about her.

She came home not too long ago, just as I was getting ready to go over to my boyfriends house and she only spoke to me when I spoke to her. She was quite cold towards me and it's simply because she caused trouble this morning and blames me for it, even though it wasn't my fault whatsoever.

It was her own fault for leaving everything to the last minute as per usual and as a result of her leaving everything to the last minute I ended up missing out as a result of her selfishness.

My cousin told us about her daughters Christening about two months ago so my mother had plenty of time to organize herself properly and get everything done in time, yet as always, she did what she always does, leaves everything to the last minute, only this time, someone ended up missing out because of it.

I apologise if I come across as snappy/cross, I don't mean it, I am just upset at having missing out at a family event due to my mother selfishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

In some ways I'm jealous of you, but I really think I'd need that reassurance every month.. I rejoice when I get it :P

I believe someone in this thread once used the term "dodging the baby bullet" :p (apologies I can't remember who).

I cleared my studio today (something I've put off for a year). I split 2 pots of paint, stood on 1 plug, screamed at 4 spiders, broke 1 glass, knocked over countless things and found 6 unused sketch pads.
    I'm calling it a success.

bubblefett wrote: »
    I believe someone in this thread once used the term "dodging the baby bullet" :p (apologies I can't remember who).

I cleared my studio today (something I've put off for a year). I split 2 pots of paintredecorated, stood onfound 1 plug, screamed at ran 4 spiders out of my place, brokegot rid of 1 glass that I didn't like, knocked over countless things and found 6 unused sketch pads.
    I'm calling it a success.

A resounding success hun:).

Im the same about periods, I'd never get used to not having one, tho they are, quite literally, a pain.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I get mine, but it doesn't hurt. Catches me off guard sometimes. It used to hurt more when I was heavier and when I was in school it used to be painful. Dunno, I'm pretty lucky in that sense.

Oh and Mooncup FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

well i had a good night last night! Fell and it felt like a broke my knee thankfully im just cut bruised and swollen!

met up with guy #1 earlier on....he was bigger than i thought....anyone have a spare wheelchair??? ;):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I feel unwell. Sinuses are stupid. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Albection wrote: »
    I feel unwell. Sinuses are stupid. :(

Sudafed and hot port ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

he was bigger than i thought....anyone have a spare wheelchair??? ;):o

Snigger Snigger :o

• Advertisement

Ah I never take painkillers either. I'm allergic to ibuprofen and I dunno, I never notice a difference in any pain I have when I take things like Panadol so I just don't bother. I do like to eat a lot though!
    jujibee wrote: »
    <brat> I have not had a period in over a year due to my birth control :D </brat>

This is my first period in a while 'cause I've ran a few Pill packets together due to being on holidays and not wanting to have a period during that etc. I did not miss this one bit so I am jealous of you!
    met up with guy #1 earlier on....he was bigger than i thought....anyone have a spare wheelchair??? ;):o

Awwwwww yeeeeeeeah! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement