Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Also another lady that has synced up!

have been missing from tLL for a few weeks cos i've been super busy!

i'm misrable cos i've just recently put on a bit of weight. i really want to lose it. i feel so horrible around my boyfriend. then i seen some unflattering pics online of me last night and i just cried!

just snapped at my boyfriend tonight and i feel so bad about it.. bleh..

So to sum up my last few weeks... ****e balls

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Im the same about periods, I'd never get used to not having one, tho they are, quite literally, a pain.
    I'd very happily get used to not having one, just because they are such a pain :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just spent an hour sketching on the computer, clicked a wrong button by mistake and it's all gone. I could actually cry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Day = blergh.

Rant, Im sorry. I spent all evening typing up employment law notes for my neighbour who needed it all typed up for the morning. Five hrs, total. I dropped everything back up to her tonight and she told me i was "a star" and started marking out more chapters that she needs typed for Tuesdays classes. I know it's my own fault but losing one day is bad enough without losing tomorrow too. Sunday and Monday are my weekends. I know I should have just said I couldn't do it tomorrow but this lady has given me smarts when it comes to a subject I had trouble passing in college and now I feel completely indebted to her. Need to find my ladyballs, I know. Nobody else can fix it when I don't even help myself. What really bugged me was while I was sitting at home typing her stuff she was Internet shopping and got her kids two puppies.
    She was supposed to do her tax deduction cards and she "didn't get round to it".

God almighty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Someone needs to take these cookies I baked AWAY from me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Someone needs to take these cookies I baked AWAY from me...

*yoink*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Happily RQ. What type are they and where do you live? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Im the same about periods, I'd never get used to not having one, tho they are, quite literally, a pain.

Mine are getting worse as I get older. :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Happily RQ. What type are they and where do you live? :)

Double chocolate orange cookies. :Dhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/598989_10151075404766833_840605532_n.jpg

I live in the ghetto. Wear armour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Crap! Look at the time! I have to be up in 6 hours and I'm not even sleepy! :( Night ladies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

coco_lola wrote: »
    Crap! Look at the time! I have to be up in 6 hours and I'm not even sleepy! :( Night ladies!

Know the feeling! On the plus side I just bought a new graphics tablet to make up for my earlier catastrophe. Shopping cures all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

*all the hugs for everyone that needs one*

Anyone wanna return? :o My back is so sore and it's putting me in a really bad mood. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

*Hugs for jane*

I have had problems with my back over the past few years, its no fun
    Am waiting for surgery on it, hopefully will make a positive difference!
    Feel better soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Jane, did you hurt your back? Mine has been killing me too, just the lower part and a hot water bottle helped loads. Maybe try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

YUM:eek::eek::eek:. I want:D:D:D

I live in the ghetto. Wear armour.
    k :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Thanks careymary and Polloloca. :) Yeah hurt it yesterday but it gets like this from time to time if I do a lot of bending down and lifting. I was covering in a vet clinic yesterday and along with the bending down, I was taking a Newfoundland for a walk and when I put the leash on she just ran and jerked my back. Ouchie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Jane, I dont want to give advice but I remember being told to alternate ice packs with heat packs- ice packs are good for muscular healing and reducing inflamation, heat packs are good for pain relief, just thought it might help,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I am in the most nightmare-ish situation with somebody really close to me (well, not so close anymore but may be situation related) who has told me that they're really depressed etc., and has asked me not to tell anybody else. I think they need help, but they refuse to see a doctor and I just don't know what to do here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hehe your still online : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

So I ended up going out Saturday and I am just recovered now, well.. enough to sit up and use the laptop! Great night was had :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

God, I am a complete emotional wreck after watching the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. I was not prepared for this!

There was me settling down to an hour or two of mindless fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I remember reading that book and watching the movie. I liked it because it reminded me of aspects of some of my friendships, I want to watch it now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Maybe if I hide under the duvet and stay really really quiet work won't notice if I don't show up

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Novella wrote: »
    I am in the most nightmare-ish situation with somebody really close to me (well, not so close anymore but may be situation related) who has told me that they're really depressed etc., and has asked me not to tell anybody else. I think they need help, but they refuse to see a doctor and I just don't know what to do here.

There's nothing more you can do. All you can say to them is that if they want to talk you'll listen, but if they want to get better they'll need to talk to someone who's trained to deal with it.

Do you think you're the person they told because they knew they were losing your friendship, and that it could be an attempt to hang on to that by any means? Not saying they're not depressed because they likely are, just thinking about why they chose you specificallly.

You're not responsible for their mental health, and if they won't see a doctor, you can't take their burden on for them. It's not your fault, no matter what happened between the two of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Feeling so UGH today. Maybe it's 'cause its Monday...or maybe it's just cause I wanna be in a 'ugh' mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I PASSED ME EXAMS!!!

HELLO 4TH YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

NO REPEATS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Feel really unwell this morning! Woke up early, had a shower etc., no rushing (for once), and have been seeing black spots all morning, got a complete wave of dizziness earlier thought I was on the brink of passing out.. I've eaten and everything, don't know what's wrong :(

Well done Sarah!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Feel really unwell this morning! Woke up early, had a shower etc., no rushing (for once), and have been seeing black spots all morning, got a complete wave of dizziness earlier thought I was on the brink of passing out.. I've eaten and everything, don't know what's wrong :(

Well done Sarah!

By the power vested in my (as a 4th year), you can stay home from work today.

You may go (back to bed) in peace.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    By the power vested in my (as a 4th year), you can stay home from work today.

You may go (back to bed) in peace.

My manager does not feel the same :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Dolorous wrote: »
    Just spent an hour sketching on the computer, clicked a wrong button by mistake and it's all gone. I could actually cry :(

Too late now but regular saving ftw...

I'm always on at my kids about saving stuff regularly. They're pretty good about it these days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement