Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

bluewolf wrote: »
    who can guess my favourite colour :pac:

Is it green? Stab in the dark here, you're giving us no clues :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm gonna go with Fushia. What do I win?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

bluewolf wrote: »

I like the one in next, I have it in black and white and another in red and black but the blue and white is fab.. I would have got that instead of the black and white but they didn't have it...

I'm gonna go with Fushia. What do I win?

This (ONE SHINY PENNY!)
    ist2_67096-british-1-pence-coin.jpg

On a side note, when I searched for "Penny" - The first result was this:
    250px-Penny_bigbangtheory.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    That's not a bad first result to get. :P

I did laugh though, that she is obviously the most searched for Penny on the net :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

they didn't have anything i was looking for :(

i have that top in black and white too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

A couple of years ago we started feeding a stray kitten and more or less tamed him, he was such a sweet little thing! We were devastated when he disappeared, there were a few bigger male cats around that we suspected of chasing him away. We moved into our new house shortly after and never knew what had happened to him.

This morning we spotted him in a garden just down the road, looking very well fed and happy :) It was definitely him as he has very distinctive markings. Seems like he landed on his feet, as cats tend to do!

• Advertisement

So the guy who I was emailing about the job told me to keep him posted on my plans and that when I get to Australia to let him know and he'd love to meet with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I dislike having to wait until 4pm to get my results. Dislike a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Das Kitty wrote: »
    There's nothing more you can do. All you can say to them is that if they want to talk you'll listen, but if they want to get better they'll need to talk to someone who's trained to deal with it.

Do you think you're the person they told because they knew they were losing your friendship, and that it could be an attempt to hang on to that by any means? Not saying they're not depressed because they likely are, just thinking about why they chose you specificallly.

You're not responsible for their mental health, and if they won't see a doctor, you can't take their burden on for them. It's not your fault, no matter what happened between the two of you.

To be honest Das, that's kind of what I was thinking. The person I'm talking about is Lips, as in the guy I was seeing for the last few months. When we came back from Amsterdam, we had a chat whereby he told me that I wasn't allowed to be with anybody else but that he couldn't 'officially' commit and I told him that wasn't what I was looking for.

I sort of just contacted him less and less, made myself busy with other things and now suddenly he's pouring his heart out to me. I asked him why was he telling me and his reply was just, "I dunno". I gave him all the advice I could. I told him I couldn't do anything other than listen to him because I'm not a professional, but he kind of told me some scary things. On the one hand I worry that if I do absolutely nothing and something happened to him, it would be my fault, but at the same time, I'm not 100% sure if he's being honest. So messy.

I never seem to meet normal guys who just do regular things.

week and 3 days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Holy crap, I just realised that mine are out this week! No online results so just have to await the dreaded envelope... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I've loads of college work to do but I'm too lazy to go upstairs and get my notes. Halp!

lolcat-research-cat-wikipedia.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

So bored waiting for my car to be serviced. 9 minutes gone 81 to go. Had a fantastic weekend though. Looking through photos from it on my phone might pass another minute or four.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Dolorous wrote: »
    Holy crap, I just realised that mine are out this week! No online results so just have to await the dreaded envelope... :eek:

I'll be getting them posted out as well I think.

I keep checking because sometimes they're online earlier than 4... I'll be back later to do either this :D:D:D or this :(:(:(

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Dolorous wrote: »

Best of luck ladies!

What I learned today: I dislike brie. A lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

EmilyO wrote: »

What I learned today: I dislike brie. A lot.

Brie is lovely!! how can you say that??!! :eek: :(

I watched In Bruges again, i love that film! :D Wanted to bring the dog for a walk but my knee is in agony so im stuck in the house for a while! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

My back hurts a lot but can't remember hurting it. Miserable day. The vet tested all the cows today and one of the pet cows kicked him and knocked him on top of the other Cow. Obviously he frightened her. They are all upset now and won't even eat their biscuits they're that uneasy. :( thankfully they only need to be tested once a year

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I need more single friends to go out with

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I PASSED ME EXAMS!!!

HELLO 4TH YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

NO REPEATS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER :D:D:D

Well done you!!
    I'll be getting them posted out as well I think.

I keep checking because sometimes they're online earlier than 4... I'll be back later to do either this :D:D:D or this :(:(:(

:p

The very best of luck I am sure you will do great.

My course tutor is out today so we have a supervisor instead. Everyone is passing the day away on facebook and such but I would so like to be at home. Today is my first period day since my laparoscopy and D&C last month and the pain has improved. Tiredness seems to have made up for the pain as I feel exhausted. I cant wait to get home and put my feet up for the evening.

Novella wrote: »
    To be honest Das, that's kind of what I was thinking. The person I'm talking about is Lips, as in the guy I was seeing for the last few months. When we came back from Amsterdam, we had a chat whereby he told me that I wasn't allowed to be with anybody else but that he couldn't 'officially' commit and I told him that wasn't what I was looking for.

I sort of just contacted him less and less, made myself busy with other things and now suddenly he's pouring his heart out to me. I asked him why was he telling me and his reply was just, "I dunno". I gave him all the advice I could. I told him I couldn't do anything other than listen to him because I'm not a professional, but he kind of told me some scary things. On the one hand I worry that if I do absolutely nothing and something happened to him, it would be my fault, but at the same time, I'm not 100% sure if he's being honest. So messy.

I never seem to meet normal guys who just do regular things.

Im sorry to hear that Novella, it sucks being messed about. And the worst thing is, in this kind of situation, you can never be too sure if they are just feeding you a line or if this is genuinely the situation. He has put you in a very uncomfortable position by saying this to you. I would just try to stay out of it as much as possible. PM open if you need to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I wrote some articles for a companies beauty magazine website and I'm getting paid from them today :)

Dressed and ready to go now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Bored mindless at home, with no motivation to do anything but stare out at the rain.... this rain needs to go away...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

318026_10150855908350988_1515375325_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I don't want my results, quite frankly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Brie is lovely!! how can you say that??!! :eek: :(

It tastes like feet (or how I would imagine feet to taste)....:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement