Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Novella wrote: »
    On the one hand I worry that if I do absolutely nothing and something happened to him, it would be my fault

No it absolutely wouldn't. You've done what you can and given the correct advice to him. If, god-forbid, he does do something, that's all him, it has nothing at all to do with you. Take it from someone who has had suicidal thoughts, the only one who can fix it is the person themselves.

You suspect he is trying to manipulate you, and based on what you've said, I suspect you're right.

Keep your resolve. You're 100% in the right, no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

EmilyO wrote: »
    It tastes like feet (or how I would imagine feet to taste)....:(

sweaty feet that havent been washed in a week :eek: or is that stilton??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I love blue cheese dip. But once i got it on a burger in Eddie Rockets and it looked like mould.

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

2.1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Congrats!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

EmilyO wrote: »
    It tastes like feet (or how I would imagine feet to taste)....:(

Brie is lovely!! Especially when deep fried or served in a ciabatta with cranberry and turkey nom nom nom

I'm officially in my old jeans!!!!!! Is a happy bubble :D My ass is looking hawt today :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Das Kitty wrote: »
    No it absolutely wouldn't. You've done what you can and given the correct advice to him. If, god-forbid, he does do something, that's all him, it has nothing at all to do with you. Take it from someone who has had suicidal thoughts, the only one who can fix it is the person themselves.

You suspect he is trying to manipulate you, and based on what you've said, I suspect you're right.

Keep your resolve. You're 100% in the right, no question.

Thanks. I know you're right and I think I know I'm right but if there's even a teeny chance that he needs my help or even just for me to be there, I feel like I have to. I'd feel like I'd have to for anybody if they told me something like that. I guess if he's lying, he's doing a good job 'cause he really picked something he knew I'd take seriously and worry about.

Congratulations! :)

Stench Blossoms I love your hair!! (from KYL, not from stalking:p)
    Purty picture x

bubblefett wrote: »
    Stench Blossoms I love your hair!! (from KYL, not from stalking:p)
    Purty picture x

Ah man I kinda miss my old stalker... wouldn't mind a new one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I love blue cheese dip. But once i got it on a burger in Eddie Rockets and it looked like mould.

*shudder*

Blue cheese rocks. The stinkier the better.

Having said that, the cardinal rule of trying any cheese for the first time is never, EVER smell it first. The smell of cheese generally bears little or no relation to how it actually tastes.

• Advertisement

Ah man I kinda miss my old stalker... wouldn't mind a new one :D

I have a long list of references and restraining orders to support my application :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

I'm going to see Spideyman!!:D

Although slightly mortified that people will be all dressed up and I'll be there in my work suit:o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I want a corset.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Trying to think of a new name for my blog and cannot think of anything *sigh*

/racks brains

Trying to think of a new name for my blog and cannot think of anything *sigh*

/racks brains

The Movely Luffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ugh, have to go and play football now for the first time in 7 years, no word of a lie. I am *actually* going to die.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm going to see Spideyman!!:D

Although slightly mortified that people will be all dressed up and I'll be there in my work suit:o

Not related to your post at all, but I am SO glad that you're back! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Das Kitty wrote: »
    If I'm going to write around it I reckon I'll need to explain how the transport connects with the earth, because, well the moon is in orbit so it would either have to be remarkably well timed or the station would need to be moving around the earth in line with the moon's orbit.

Hmm, that's gonna be fun. Your basic space elevator will work up to a geostationary orbit (36,000km) but that's nowhere near far enough. Would be enough to get up to a much lower energy to reach the moon position though.

For the station to orbit at the same rate as the moon it would have to be out at the moon's distance from the earth so there's nowhere to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm going to rip someone a new one! I missed a payment for my car insurance. A pissy amount of €25 and they went to take it again a week later which they money didnt hit my account till the day after and now they are calling that 2 missed payments when it's only one and i rang the next day to pay it. And now they want €107 which is 3 payments plus some bullshít amount for the standing order?

I'm so fúcking angry!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Novella wrote: »
    Thanks. I know you're right and I think I know I'm right but if there's even a teeny chance that he needs my help or even just for me to be there, I feel like I have to. I'd feel like I'd have to for anybody if they told me something like that. I guess if he's lying, he's doing a good job 'cause he really picked something he knew I'd take seriously and worry about.

Also one of the components of controlling behaviour...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Thunder and lightning outside...
    Me on couch with soup...
    Gots ma hair did today...
    Didnt get it wet in this storm we have going on down here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Ugh, have to go and play football now for the first time in 7 years, no word of a lie. I am *actually* going to die.

Cheat...go in goals....you can honestly say you've played football but will have done little or no running around :-)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Everyone on the college facebook page is freaking out because the results aren't up yet, even though we were supposed to have them this morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Everyone on the college facebook page is freaking out because the results aren't up yet, even though we were supposed to have them this morning :pac:

:eek:

And I thought having to wait until 4 was bad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

:eek:

And I thought having to wait until 4 was bad.

One of the guys works in reception and it's a total head-desk nightmare for him fielding calls from angry students :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Thunder and lightning outside...
    Me on couch with soup...
    Gots ma hair did today...
    Didnt get it wet in this storm we have going on down here :D

torrential rain is best hangover weather, been watching tv all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I had my first coffee in years. Tastes better than I ever remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Congratulations to everyone getting exam results!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Is it just me or is it really cold this evening? I think i might jump into bed for the night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement