Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Hello Land of employment!!! :D

one day a week but its better than nothing!! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Many congratulations, Pixie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yay, congratulations Pixie Fairy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Sorry for your loss Jane, it was so nice that you were with him til the end x

Congrats Fluorescence! Woohoo for Pixie-Fairy getting work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Today is good news day! Champagne for everyone!

If I don't have to pay

• Advertisement

Thanks bubblefett.

My mother is in a mood with me because I didn't wash a couple of cups going to bed. I do it every night before I go but last night I was so upset I didn't think it would be a big deal if I didn't. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Don't mind her Jane - you had a rough night.

On lunch - had curry and a cocktail with a really rude name. Such a warm day sure it'd have been rude not to! Going back to work now and am allergic. :(

Feels like it's constant lately. I'm not even doing anything. I was never a bad kid, never got into trouble even. I don't know anymore.

Sorry guys I'm just rambling. I had a tough night and I feel down today.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Today is my Friday - It appears most of my work is done, so hoping to head for a long run at half four, come back and shower then go visit the adopted Granny in hospital for a short while. Blokey is flying in tomorrow for 5 days and he doesn't know i'm surprising him with 3 nights in The G, Galway :D with a couple of great restaurants booked. He'll be dumbstruck i think, but hopefully he'll enjoy it. Bad we only have 5 days together though, then 2 months till we next see each other :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ben and Jerry's Vermonster ice cream is amazing! Maple syrup and caramelised pecans... *droool*

Jane, I'm so sorry about Rolo. Try not to get too down about it. Your mother's being a bit of an insensitive wagon about the few cups. Ignore it :)

Normally I apply for about 5-10 jobs per day. Today I went a bit mad and have applied for just over 60. Please please please please please allow me to get even one interview out of it. That's all I ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Feels like it's constant lately. I'm not even doing anything. I was never a bad kid, never got into trouble even. I don't know anymore.

I'm a firm believer that good kids spoil their parents!! ;) they start taking good behaviour for granted! :D maybe do something nice for yourself, try cheer yourself up a bit, anything you could do that you enjoy and that would get you out of the house away from your mam for a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

It's only a matter of time now I think. Poor Rolo. :(

Edit: He's gone. RIP Rolo. I'm gonna miss you so much. :(:(:(
    *hugs*
    Polloloca wrote: »
    I am so mad at myself. I put on a wash at like 6pm this evening, washing my work uniform (of which I only have one) for tomorrow. I just went to put them into the dryer, and discovered that I delayed starting the wash for 12hrs. So, it's 2:40 and I'm just washing uniform now. Can I borrow the granny who doesn't let the boardsie use the washing machine please?
    You mean my granny? Take her all you want :D
    Finally got my results, 27 hours later :rolleyes:. 2.1 for the year! Happy days :D
    Congratulations! :D
    Hello Land of employment!!! :D

one day a week but its better than nothing!! :D
    Congratulations! :D

I got a place on a FÁS course, it's only a three week course, but it starts in two weeks, so excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Congratulations Lovely Muffin.

What kind of course is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Sorry to hear about Rolo, Jane. x

And congrats to Pixie and Muffin! :)

Thanks everyone. I'm actually off to stay with my bf until Thursday. Just as well I had it planned. I'd be quite upset looking at no cage in my room for the first time in about 5 years or more. I'll be okay. You're all so nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

had a nightmare of a night. got no sleep last night with back pain every fifteen minutes, i was ok with it cause i thought i would maybe have a baby today.

but went back to bed at 8 this morning and woke up feeling grand :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Miaireland wrote: »
    Congratulations Lovely Muffin.

What kind of course is it?
    Thank you :)

It's only a three week course, but I think it will help as me as I am unsure as to what career I'd like to do.

I think maybe computers as I have an interest in them, I'm not 100% sure though, so I think this course would help me get a better idea of what I'd like to do.

This is the course - http://kiosk.fas.ie/Default.aspx?q=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

I know it's only a three week course, but it is a start and things can hopefully improve from there, plus it will get me out of the house too, and away from the horrible atmosphere at home, seen as though my mother is still barely speaking to me and is quite cold towards me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jesus, saw someone use the word "yhu" instead of "you" as text speak on facebook, more than once in the same sentence, yhu? YHU? its got the same amount of ****ing letters as the actual word! I use "u" or "ur" if I'm writing a quick text but replacing entire words with ridiclous text speak is just stupid.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    jesus, saw someone use the word "yhu" instead of "you" as text speak on facebook, more than once in the same sentence, yhu? YHU? its gots the same amount of ****ing letters as the actual word! I use "u" or "ur" if I'm writing a quick text but replacing entire words with ridiclous text speak is just stupid.

I girl I know used to use "yhoo" and "yhoor" back in the Bebo days :pac:. Occasionally I saw a "yew" but I don't think that was intentional!

i-luv-yew.jpg

YewTreeOriginal.gif

Oh my God I hate that too!!! Or when people say boii or bbz.. My least favourite thing at the moment is YOLO though. I want to punch people that use that in actual conversations. Online I can just about tolerate it. :o

Oh my God I hate that too!!! Or when people say boii or bbz.. My least favourite thing at the moment is YOLO though. I want to punch people that use that in actual conversations. Online I can just about tolerate it. :o

YOLO? whats that mean?

I have a friend who writes, "Luff yew". What the hell is that?!

Novella wrote: »
    I have a friend who writes, "Luff yew". What the hell is that?!

lolcats don't spell that badly

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

krudler wrote: »
    YOLO? whats that mean?

You Only Live Once

Carpe Diem, for the abbreviative age.

I like lolcats but it irritates me when people write like that all the time. "Luff yew" isn't the worst. Back in my Bebo days I used "luv" quite a bit. :o

Das Kitty wrote: »
    You Only Live Once

Carpe Diem, for the abbreviative age.

oh jesus, its like people who use that "if you cant handle me at my worst you dont deserve me at my best" sh1te, translates as "I'm all sorts of batsh1t crazy and expect my psychotic nature to be pandered to"

these things are handy for weeding morons out of your facebook friends list though :pac:

This isn't a spelling thing but while I'm ranting about things my friends say, it would be wrong of me not to mention 'hun'. I HATE BEING CALLED HUN.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Novella wrote: »
    This isn't a spelling thing but while I'm ranting about things my friends say, it would be wrong of me not to mention 'hun'. I HATE BEING CALLED HUN.

But sweetcheeks is okay? Right?

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement