Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time now I think. Poor Rolo. :(

Edit: He's gone. RIP Rolo. I'm gonna miss you so much. :(:(:(

So sorry to hear that Jane, at least you were with him when he went to Chipmunk Heaven x
    Finally got my results, 27 hours later :rolleyes:. 2.1 for the year! Happy days :D
    Hello Land of employment!!! :D

one day a week but its better than nothing!! :D

Congrats ladies!

Our dog Archie was neutered today, and he's still out of sorts :( Here's a photo of him anyway!

598522_3563228196959_1085773921_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'll be on the jax for a week :D

Yum.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

coco_lola wrote: »
    I got accepted for volunteering with the DSPCA, yay! \o/
    Yay, well done! I'd say that will be amazing.
    Novella wrote: »
    I am going to shut up now but first, I have a friend who calls me 'babygirl' and it makes me cringe every time. He is American so I can let it go a teeny bit but seriously? BABY GIRL? Seriously?
    Eww. Eww. Eww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

EmilyO wrote: »
    Our dog Archie was neutered today, and he's still out of sorts :( Here's a photo of him anyway!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/598522_3563228196959_1085773921_n.jpg
    He is gorgeous, is he a Labrador or Golden Retriever?

Half way through cooking dinner now, stressful as fook, it better be worth it. I've half a bottle of wine to go with it, it's be open since Sat so hope it's OK to drink!

He is gorgeous, is he a Labrador or Golden Retriever?

Half way through cooking dinner now, stressful as fook, it better be worth it. I've half a bottle of wine to go with it, it's be open since Sat so hope it's OK to drink!

Thanks! He's a retriever, he's only eight months old but he's huuuge! And crazy, he's all 'Jump on ALL the people!!!!!'

Your wine should be okay if it's red, but if it's white I'm not so sure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks! He's a retriever, he's only eight months old but he's huuuge! And crazy, he's all 'Jump on ALL the people!!!!!'

He sounds like my dad's dog, he is craaaaaaaaazy.

They live in the countryside and when anyone comes to visit the dog thinks they come to see him, so jumps on them, wants to play with them etc. He's adorable, but crazy. I'm terrified of him lol.

It's white wine, hopefully it is OK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Ah, I don't deserve my boyfriend at all. He's away for my birthday and I kept teasing him about it. He completely unexpectedly sent flowers and cakes into work for me. :o Cake for dinner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

pampootie wrote: »
    Ah, I don't deserve my boyfriend at all. He's away for my birthday and I kept teasing him about it. He completely unexpectedly sent flowers and cakes into work for me. :o Cake for dinner!

Cake is the best dinner :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Aww that's really lovely pampootie, what a dote :)

It's been far too long since cake was mentioned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Maybe there's something wrong with me but I don't like animated movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Maybe there's something wrong with me but I don't like animated movies.

how come?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Went to the opera tonight with our esteemed president Mickey D :D I had a brilliant time - l'Orfeo is probably the best Baroque opera (one of the very first!) and I really enjoyed hearing it in English :)

Alas, my mam won't buy me a harpsichord. Or a 14-course lute. I haz a sad now :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    how come?

I don't really know. :confused: I haven't seen that many. I've seen Shrek, Monsters Inc., can't even think of any more but they just didn't appeal to me. I sort of feel like I'm missing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I love Donkey from Shrek.

Polloloca wrote: »
    I love Donkey from Shrek.

'We can stay up late, swappin' manly stories, and in the mornin', I'm makin' WAFFLES!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

'We can stay up late, swappin' manly stories, and in the mornin', I'm makin' WAFFLES!'

"Shrek and I drank some magic potion... And now, WE'RE sexy!!"

Haha him trotting around the place as a stallion while puss reads out "not to be given to those of a nervous disposition" is my favourite scene!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jane sorry to hear about Rolo. Didn't you lose another pet recently too? :(

My doggies are 10 now, the other about to turn 7. Not many years left. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I don't really know. :confused: I haven't seen that many. I've seen Shrek, Monsters Inc., can't even think of any more but they just didn't appeal to me. I sort of feel like I'm missing out.

You better have seen Despicable Me. Greatest animated movie EVER!
    Wall-E is amazing due to the importance of the sound in the movie. Ben Burtt did an amazing job on that movie.
    Finding Nemo was my favourite until Despicable Me came along.

Oh and Horton Hears A Who was very funny. I liked Madagascar, likewise Kung Fu Panda. I wouldn't be too pushed on Shrek to be honest.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Wall-E is amazing due to the importance of the sound in the movie. Ben Burtt did an amazing job on that movie.

Oh and Horton Hears A Who was very funny. I liked Madagascar, likewise Kung Fu Panda. I wouldn't be too pushed on Shrek to be honest.

I have never seen any of those. :o

I have never seen any of those. :o

:eek:

Well now you have something to do in your spare time! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I second Wall-E & Finding Nemo. Also, UP. And Toy Story, obviously, if you haven't seen it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just for you then

krudler wrote: »
    just for you then

I squealed like a little girl when I saw that trailer when it came out first.

I used a 3 minute clip of the minions for my final year project in college and I'm still not fed up of the clip after watching it over and over and over and...

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Polloloca wrote: »
    If I could post pics of my pets from my phone, I'd show you all my cows eating rich tea biscuits. One week we didn't buy cow biscuits (cheap dunnes stores ones) so I was feeding them my dads hobnobs instead and when I got the rich tea ones they kept dropping them out of their mouths for ages. Me thinks they liked the hobnobs more. My black cow moos at me when she sees me with stuff.

#cowobsessed

I used to feed my uncles cows digestives! Are they known for their love of biscuits or is this just a coincidence? I looked such a state- 5 years old and modelling my dress sense on my grandad, who was the one who used to bring me for my weekend trip round the farm...wellies, weird wooly zip-up cardigan, a flat cap :eek: and a tiny little walking stick for leaning on and poking things with. And the packet of biscuits under my arm.

Actually, I haven't changed much... Alarming.

:eek:

Well now you have something to do in your spare time! :D

And I absolutely will watch these movies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Went to the opera tonight with our esteemed president Mickey D :D

I'm a bit jealous, i love him a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Semele wrote: »
    I used to feed my uncles cows digestives! Are they known for their love of biscuits or is this just a coincidence? I looked such a state- 5 years old and modelling my dress sense on my grandad, who was the one who used to bring me for my weekend trip round the farm...wellies, weird wooly zip-up cardigan, a flat cap :eek: and a tiny little walking stick for leaning on and poking things with. And the packet of biscuits under my arm.

Actually, I haven't changed much... Alarming.

Semele that is the loveliest image ever of you and your grandad :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jane sorry to hear about Rolo. Didn't you lose another pet recently too? :(

My doggies are 10 now, the other about to turn 7. Not many years left. :(

Thanks for your kind messages girls. It means a lot. :)

EmilyO, your dog is only 8 months?? Yikes he is huge. :p Hope he's feeling okay, dogs can feel a bit out of sorts after anaesthetic.

RQ, I did, my last 2 gerbils died a couple of months back as well. My room is so quiet now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Just watched two Criminal Minds episodes back to back

scared%20funny%20cat.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement