Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Neighbours are getting work done in the garden for the last month and they've had a chainsaw and jackhammer going as well as revving a car since first thing this morning. I do believe I need to get out for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Well, last week's date has done almost a complete fade, despite telling me that whole night and all weekend how much he'd love to see me again.

Sigh. I think I'll just become a Poor Clare.

Might be a worthwhile option. At this stage you'd be the youngest of them and would get to inherit the lot when they pop their clogs...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hurt my shoulder in the gym yesterday,so gonna have to take it easy :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

3rd anniversary of my brother's death in a couple of days. Makes me sad. :(

Take care of yourself this week. Hope you're okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Oh God.

So I'd had a shower and was wandering around upstairs waiting for my body lotion to dry (in not very many clothes, I might add). Anyway, I happen to look up through the skylight in the roof above the stairs and what do I see only a man on a cherry-picker (part of the previously mentioned gardening work next door) staring right in at me!!! :eek: I've never run for my bedroom so fast in my life! Poor chap must have got an awful eyeful hahaha :pac:

• Advertisement

So I got the job! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Novella wrote: »

Awwww, yeaaaahhh!

Whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Awwww, yeaaaahhh!

:D:D awesome! Well done Novella! ;):D:pac:

Thanks guys, I'm very happy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

its one of those days.....i can sense it :(

and im gettting my final year results today!!

THIS NOT GOOD PEOPLE!!!! :(

you all may need to console me later! :(
    Good luck, hope you get the results you want!
    3rd anniversary of my brother's death in a couple of days. Makes me sad. :(
    So sorry to hear this Ivy, I hope you're okay, take care of yourself this week. *hugs*
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    Yay got my exams results...did really well :eek: Got my best results I've ever got in a semester (and year!). And even though I was certain I failed programming I got a relatively high mark in it...wtf.

Bring on fourth year....eeekkk.
    Congratulations Lia!
    Novella wrote: »
    Congratulation Novella! Good luck with your new job, hope it goes well for you :)

Don't know what is wrong with me lately, been feeling ill on and off for the past few weeks, my stomach has been at me, kinda burning feelings in and have had chest pains on and off. I'm constantly going from hot to cold, might have to go to the doctor soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

So I had a dream last night.....

In one part I was getting stalked by a man who left fake tan footprints on my bed (that's how we knew he'd been in my bedroom) but my bedroom was actually the room outside my nana's kitchen and I kept trying to get people to stay in my bed with me so I wouldn't die, then I went to the off licence with my neighbour.

Then I found extra small condoms in my boyfriends bedroom.

Then my boyfriend was dead.

I dunno which part was worse to be honest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

bluewolf wrote: »

The boots are gorgeous bluewolf, definitely worth €35! Go for it! ;)
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    So I had a dream last night.....

In one part I was getting stalked by a man who left fake tan footprints on my bed (that's how we knew he'd been in my bedroom) but my bedroom was actually the room outside my nana's kitchen and I kept trying to get people to stay in my bed with me so I wouldn't die, then I went to the off licence with my neighbour.

Then I found extra small condoms in my boyfriends bedroom.

Then my boyfriend was dead.

I dunno which part was worse to be honest!!

Lol! :D

their website seems to be having issues so i'll have to order later. hope they turn out nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I want those boots! I have been looking for a pair like those for AGES

Damn you monthly pay!

coco_lola wrote: »
    I want those boots! I have been looking for a pair like those for AGES

Damn you monthly pay!

5 days left on it if that's any use

been looking for ankle boots for ages also but couldnt face forking out loads for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

productimage-picture-food-for-gold-9220_800x_.jpg

arrived for me today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Don't know what is wrong with me lately, been feeling ill on and off for the past few weeks, my stomach has been at me, kinda burning feelings in and have had chest pains on and off. I'm constantly going from hot to cold, might have to go to the doctor soon. :(

Heartburn? That gives burning and chest pains.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Heartburn? That gives burning and chest pains.
    Could be actually, hadn't thought of that.

Lately I've been adding spices (cayenne pepper, chilli flakes etc) to various foods which could also be the cause, will give them a rest for a bit and see if there is any improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Could be actually, hadn't thought of that.

Lately I've been adding spices (cayenne pepper, chilli flakes etc) to various foods which could also be the cause, will give them a rest for a bit and see if there is any improvement.

I love spicy food but it always gives me heartburn!

I'm dead on my feet today, and my uterus hates me.

• Advertisement

5 days left on it if that's any use

been looking for ankle boots for ages also but couldnt face forking out loads for them

Payday the 28th :(

I did not know of the existence of girlie deals before, I'm subscribed now, thanks blue :)

Dolorous wrote: »
    I love spicy food but it always gives me heartburn!

I'm dead on my feet today, and my uterus hates me.
    I can't eat very spicy foods, they usually make me physically sick and leave me feeling off for days afterwards, so I tend to throw in a small amount of whatever spice I fancy, be it chilli flakes, paprika, cayenne pepper, etc. It's the only way I can get my spice fix :o

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

481155_236808609770278_268929958_n.jpg

Going out for dinner later, but first I have to do the ironing. Yay for dinner, boo for ironing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Heartburn can be caused by lots of foods, not just spicy, fried foods, processed foods, ones that are just tough to digest like brown bread etc. Alcohol causes it too and eating late is often a cause of it.

Oh mother of God the sister of somebody I loathe and despise has a new tv programme, she sounds EXACTLY like her with her creepy husky voice, I get shivers when I hear the ad, ughhh.

I SO HUNGRY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Being angry at myself for allowing myself to be upset about something is stupid, and I know that, but its either I get angry at myself or I wind up killing someone.

Some people just seriously make me wonder what the point is.

And Honey-ec, I've come to the realisation that most of them are idiots, and we'd make great Poor Clares... after looking at the website, right next to college :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I used to be killed with heartburn when I was in college and drunk pretty much 6 days out of 7. Used to carry a massive big bottle of gavison in my bag on nights out. When the summer holidays rolled around and I was sober more often than drunk, it stopped and only came back when I would drink again. Wicked bad it is. Eggs give it to me too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »
    Oh mother of God the sister of somebody I loathe and despise has a new tv programme, she sounds EXACTLY like her with her creepy husky voice, I get shivers when I hear the ad, ughhh.

Ooh. Who is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,441 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Got my college results this morning. I've got a first class honour degree and couldn't be happier. All the stress I've been feeling for the past month and a half has disappeared, I feel stupid for getting myself all worked up about whether or not the exams went my way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement