Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

what a yucky day

om nom porridge

i didnt have any cool dreams but i think i bit my tongue when waking up last night and now it's sore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

coco_lola wrote: »
    Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I am being driven demented . I can see my ex posting on boards about all the hot women he works with an all the hot women at the euros.
    I can't even find a new bloke , I seem to be scaring them away, and I'm driving myself mad reading his posts :(

Sorry to hear that Snoopy, try to stay away from reading his posts or you'll drive yourself mad. Men and women deal with break ups very differently. I think it's best if you take some time to mind yourself right now, spend time with family and friends, jumping into a relationship or trying to find another man when the break up is so new may not be healthy for you. I know I made that mistake myself in the past and always regretted not giving myself more time to process everything. Take care and be good to yourself x
    Thanks
    I'm actually in Kerry with my family at the moment which is nice although I cannot sleep.
    I don't have many female friends so I try and find boyfriends. I've always done this a soon as one relationship ends I get too lonely and start looking again. But I know I'm scaring new guys off.
    I don't know why I'm checking what he posts, but it's annoying me wat he is posting

you should be finding female friends instead of being emotionally dependent on boyfriends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Does anyone want to go into work and sort the mean girl in work out for me? really starting to get flashbacks to being bullied in school and dreading going in... also my bed is making rather a good case in his custody battle for me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

So I got my nails done yesterday and they are fab... BUT... i threw my ring into my bag and now it's gone.

I'm so upset. My dad bought me that years and years ago and apart from earrings its the only piece of jewellery I wear. Only take it off playing matches and getting nails done.

:(:(:(

• Advertisement

So I got my nails done yesterday and they are fab... BUT... i threw my ring into my bag and now it's gone.

I'm so upset. My dad bought me that years and years ago and apart from earrings its the only piece of jewellery I wear. Only take it off playing matches and getting nails done.

:(:(:(

a ring is a small thing in a bag, are you certain it didn't get tangled up with something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Thanks
    I'm actually in Kerry with my family at the moment which is nice although I cannot sleep.
    I don't have many female friends so I try and find boyfriends. I've always done this a soon as one relationship ends I get too lonely and start looking again. But I know I'm scaring new guys off.
    I don't know why I'm checking what he posts, but it's annoying me wat he is posting
    bluewolf wrote: »
    you should be finding female friends instead of being emotionally dependent on boyfriends

+1,000 to what bluewolf said, Snoopy. If you continuously try to fill your life with boyfriends instead of friends, you never give yourself time to heal. Friends are so so important. If the relationship ends you need friends to fall back on. And if you have only your boyfriend, and no friends, you make him your world, making a break up ten million times worse. Make it your goal to make new female friends instead of a boyfriend. :)

not to mention that if you are in fact emotionally dependent on a boyfriend it will be quite obvious and may contribute to things not working out
    it will also be far more devastating when things don't work out as you have no support system
    people like someone who has their own life and is a tad more independent

but yes, there's nothing like chatting and chilling with friends

not to mention that if you are in fact emotionally dependent on a boyfriend it will be quite obvious and may contribute to things not working out
    it will also be far more devastating when things don't work out as you have no support system
    people like someone who has their own life and is a tad more independent

but yes, there's nothing like chatting and chilling with friends
    I agree totally
    I find breakups hard because I am so dependent on men.
    So how does a woman in her 30's who doesn't really drink find friends then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I agree totally

Go to a beers meetup :-)

• Advertisement

I don't really drink either, not really a barrier to meeting people
    go to boards beers
    galway one is on saturday

or you could pick a random activity deal on mydealpage that you like the sound of and go along to one
    i don't do the things i do to meet people but my german class is very group/partner-work based and i have a few friends from the one i did last summer
    or a team sport or group music or group art class or something??
    get out there and do things you like and it'll come with it
    do some yoga
    http://www.todaysdeals.ie/Deal.aspx?src=vendexo&vxaf-ref=Q7SSVR&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mydealpage.ie%2F&amp=&vxaf-ctr=263744&dlid=381&aid=1
    do a crazy walking tour
    http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/deals/369?referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mydealpage.ie%2F
    do an art course
    http://www.livingsocial.com/ireland/cities/68-south-dublin/deals/362590-day-long-drawing-and-painting-introductory-course

I don't really drink either, not really a barrier to meeting people
    go to boards beers
    galway one is on saturday
    Im going to west life Saturday :)
    I've been to a couple of meet ups

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I agree totally

Its the usual I'm afraid. Join a bookclub or try a new sport that involves being part of a team - rowing, tag rugby, stuff like that. If sport isn't your thing for whatever reason try something else. Volunteer with the Simon Community, Focus Ireland, whatever but it will help you to meet other people and do something good for other people.
    Work, believe it or not can be a great place too. When I broke up with my ex (almost 3 years ago now) I told some of the people at work who were so nice and so supportive about it and of me. It was strange to me as I'd been friendly with these people but hadn't considered them actual proper friends. In the intervening 3 years I've become very close to these people, 2 in particular, and would now really consider them friends. They were there with the cups of tea and "how bloody dare he!" chats in the canteen and for the "ohh he is lovely" talks about a new guy and now that we're getting married have been super supportive again.

Take time out of relationships. Make a decision not to get involved with anyone for a while, sort yourself out, find something you like to do with people you like to be around. Then when you are ok with you, think about going on a date.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I had an excellent dream last night that I was in Edinburgh and I was telling somebody that something was 4 pounds sterling. They didn't understand me so I held up my hand to make a "4". That's when I noticed I had all these extra tiny fingers between my real fingers!!

There was a cover-up at the doctors, they wanted me to believe that my trip on Lupe Fiasco's submarine had awakened my "amphibian instincts" and that the fingers grew because of that. I did not buy it and went all Erin Brokovich on their asses. Turns out they were storing nuclear waste under my apartment! I had some minor surgery to remove the fingers and strutted off into the sunset.

(Not as good as DK's sci-fi dream, but I'm looking forward to sleeping tonight!)

You went on Lupe Fiasco's submarine without me!?

*sobs*

Just in work now after the Osteopath, I'm in bits and I just want to go to bed but I have to work.

Also I've put on fcukloads of weight in the past week, and my boobies hurt and I feel a bit off. So now I'm thinking that I could be accidentally sprogged. Noooo, I'm not ready. Meh, fcukit.

(I'm guessing I'm a bit delerious at the moment from having my spine manipulated so any/all of the above could be the result of that)

if you are sprogged you have to dress the baby up in the baby dr who outfit
    it's the rule

a ring is a small thing in a bag, are you certain it didn't get tangled up with something else?

Positive :(

I emptied it twice and checked every pocket etc.

if you are sprogged you have to dress the baby up in the baby dr who outfit
    it's the rule

I'll call him Stormageddon.

Das Kitty wrote: »

no, "the master" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Das Kitty wrote: »

What if it's a she :pac:

stormageddona :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

It's a unisex name!

Well, James is named after a fictional character, so may as well keep the tradition. :)

[I'm feeling slightly more human since breakfast, so fingers crossed, beause the bridesmaid dress for November is already paid for.]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Positive :(

I emptied it twice and checked every pocket etc.

Any chance it could have slipped into the lining of the bag? That happened to me before. Thought I was getting very careless and losing things only to discover there was a small hole in the lining of my bag. I was happy to recover 3 lipglosses, several pens, a packet of mints and about €5 worth of change.

Tried the lining. No rips :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Call the salon where you got your nails done to see if they found it last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So, last week's date who I thought was doing a fade rang me this morning to apologise for freaking out the other day. Said he always gets a bit scared when he likes someone, and he hasn't liked someone this much in a long time :)

Still not sure what's going to happen as he works the sh!ttest hours imaginable and has a four-year-old daughter, but it was still nice to hear.

Polloloca wrote: »
    Call the salon where you got your nails done to see if they found it last night.

Already did that. They said they didn't find anything.

I reckon an evil fairy took it to punish me for taking a half day from work.

Damm those evil fairies!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I don't have many female friends so I try and find boyfriends. I've always done this a soon as one relationship ends I get too lonely and start looking again.

Ok harsh Acoshla is coming out and I apologise in advance but that is one of the unhealthiest thing I've ever heard, boyfriends can't replace friends and shouldn't, and if I was a guy a girl doing that would make me run, would make me feel so claustrophobic. I don't have many friends, about 5 great ones scattered anywhere from 10 minutes away, to a few counties away, to 1,000 of miles away, but I would prefer that than to depend completely on a guy for everything. I don't drink much either and I've met friends on boards, past jobs, evening classes, online friend-finding sites (moreso abroad than here though), there are still plenty of options for those of us that don't drink (or pathologically hate sport in my case).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Already did that. They said they didn't find anything.

I reckon an evil fairy took it to punish me for taking a half day from work.

Damm those evil fairies!!!

Don't give up, my mam lost her wedding ring gardening years ago and found it again six months later, just lying next to a plant. Did you drive home? Search the car/ring the bus company if you took a bus?

I have an interview for a real proper job (:)) but I'm a bit terrified because I think I failed an exam but I don't get the results til after the interview...if asked about the exams I dunno whether to go with honesty or say they went fine & just hope to feck I didn't fail it...there's a massive shortage of jobs in my area so even getting a reply to an application, not to mind an interview, has been rare.:( what to dooooo

say mostly fine but not sure about one
    not "i think i failed", just "very happy with almost all of them, not so happy with one"

singing is now booked for the next 2 terms, hour lessons this time!
    that's something on every night mon-thurs now... *collapse*
    and studying the rest of the time as of next week
    i'd love to do a bigger concert and invite all the people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thanks

I wouldnt want to be with someone who has no life away from me either, why the big rush to get into something else? just enjoy being single, take a class, join a social group, enjoy your own time. loads of meetups on here to go to and people are friendly, make a few connections online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement