Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

everything ok??

The german made me cry so i feel :(

Oh noes! PM open if you want to chat x

I don't know what's wrong! I've been a bit under pressure with work this week and a lot is happening at the moment so maybe that's it, but I can't put my finger on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I was indeed! :D Was I cowering under my friend's umbrella, laughing my head off? :pac: Pity I didn't see you, would have said hi if I had!

You looked pretty deep in conversation so I didn't want to interrupt! I think I was staring at you though, my mind was like "Look at that face, I know that face, who is the owner of that face?" for ages... then I nearly shouted out ALMOSTNEVER when the realisation hit. :D You looked lovely by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Sure send the rest of the docs and a note explaining that it'll take extra time for the EHIC. Mind you, the french are very bureaucratic so they may not care. OTOH, heading personally into the issuing office for the EHIC and explaining your circumstances might help...

Sounds like a plan, I emailed the administrative office in Paris asking if I could forgo the photocopy of the EHIC for now and said that they should know that the only issue in getting it is time as I've already proved my residency in Ireland to them in a variety of ways and there's no way I won't get one. They still haven't replied but I'm thinking of just sending away what I have on Monday and sure even if they're not going to play ball I'll just send on the EHIC when it arrives, nothing to lose really as worst case scenario is still not being able to register for what courses I'd like! I wish in that sense the system was a bit more like it is in Trinity, much less bureaucracy. The big problem is that Trinity have to approve the subjects I choose so I could end up getting in trouble with them too if I have to register for courses that weren't pre-approved. Bleh, my head hurts even thinking about it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

coco_lola wrote: »
    Oh noes! PM open if you want to chat x

I don't know what's wrong! I've been a bit under pressure with work this week and a lot is happening at the moment so maybe that's it, but I can't put my finger on it!

i think its everything building up and affecting you! Ive been there its not nice!

*hugs*

I just dont know what his problem is! we got into a little fight earlier and it seriously upset me! And i tried to mend bridges by explaining my reasoning behind the situation and he just ignores me and makes me cry even more! He is being a child and im not happy!

DICK!!!! :mad: :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Susie_Q wrote: »
    You looked pretty deep in conversation so I didn't want to interrupt! I think I was staring at you though, my mind was like "Look at that face, I know that face, who is the owner of that face?" for ages... then I nearly shouted out ALMOSTNEVER when the realisation hit. :D You looked lovely by the way!

I've often wondered what I'd do if I thought I saw a boardsie in real life. If I approached them, how would they react? What if I only thought they were a boardsie, and it was actually someone else I was calling a random, nonsensical name? What if said boardsie didn't want their online persona to be connected to them in real life?

...I need more important things to worry about in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I has a sad/panicked feeling, and I don't know why :confused:

disney movies, stat.

Susie_Q wrote: »

My friend probably would have jumped at the chance to have the conversation interrupted at that stage, I'm fairly sure there was a rant in the works around then :P Chances are I wouldn't even have noticed if you'd shouted out at me, famously oblivious as I am :pac: It's a real pity I didn't see you, would have been great craic! If you ever do see me out and about again feel free to come over for chats :)

EmilyO wrote: »
    I've often wondered what I'd do if I thought I saw a boardsie in real life. If I approached them, how would they react? What if I only thought they were a boardsie, and it was actually someone else I was calling a random, nonsensical name? What if said boardsie didn't want their online persona to be connected to them in real life?

i wouldnt mind someone yelling "hey bluewolf" at me, if that helps

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

i had a great long reply typed out last night and my phone buggared up! Officially on holidays this week, which is nice, and some things are starting to fall into place. Back home tomorrow to proper internet!!

• Advertisement

If someone shouted 'Susie!' at me in the street I don't think I'd even react... it's not my real name. However I reckon I'd respond to something like "hey you, you from the internet!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I saw Boney once and was about to call to him but then realised that if it wasn't him I would be yelling "Boneyarsebogman" at a stranger and they might not like that...

i think its everything building up and affecting you! Ive been there its not nice!

*hugs*

Yeah could be it. The weekend and Des Bishop will destress me. Have been worrying about money alot but I'm moving to a cheaper place soon so should make a difference :)
    I just dont know what his problem is! we got into a little fight earlier and it seriously upset me! And i tried to mend bridges by explaining my reasoning behind the situation and he just ignores me and makes me cry even more! He is being a child and im not happy!

DICK!!!! :mad: :(:(

Aww hugs to you too! I would try not to let it worry you too much (easier said than done), but best thing to do is take a step back and give him some space, guarantee once he's cooled down he'll either a)pretend nothing happened or b) come back with his tail between his legs :)

Chin up ;)
    krudler wrote: »
    disney movies, stat.

I so wish I could but I have to be up so early for a meeting :( Why would you have a meeting first thing Friday morning I don't know!

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I saw Boney once and was about to call to him but then realised that if it wasn't him I would be yelling "Boneyarsebogman" at a stranger and they might not like that...

Just spat out my wine laughing :D

If anyone ever sees me do feel free to pop over and say "hey Keri" and have the chats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Trying to follow my dream is so tough.

On the plus side. Dentist trip was great! I have healthy teeth. Nothing I like more. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My username is pretty much my name so yeah I'd probably react :pac:

I got my degree, with honours no less :D For the first time in forever I won't be working and studying at the same time, I won't know myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Cuteness of that duck video! :D I went "I think I'll get a duck instead of a gerbil!" :)

I've met 2 boardsies randomly, it was odd. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Yeah could be it. The weekend and Des Bishop will destress me. Have been worrying about money alot but I'm moving to a cheaper place soon so should make a difference :)

Aww hugs to you too! I would try not to let it worry you too much (easier said than done), but best thing to do is take a step back and give him some space, guarantee once he's cooled down he'll either a)pretend nothing happened or b) come back with his tail between his legs :)

Chin up ;)

i am fairly mad at him but i think we both need space away from each other!
    This may be the upset/mad PF talking but i dont actually want him to visit me at all at the moment like not at all! But ill see if it works out!!

Also you are going to Des Bishop?? I is jealous!!

And this is going to sound like a creepy question but you werent in forever 21 tuesday of last week no?? Coz i saw someone i think was you or at least looked like you?? :o

i am fairly mad at him but i think we both need space away from each other!
    This may be the upset/mad PF talking but i dont actually want him to visit me at all at the moment like not at all! But ill see if it works out!!

Also you are going to Des Bishop?? I is jealous!!

And this is going to sound like a creepy question but you werent in forever 21 tuesday of last week no?? Coz i saw someone i think was you or at least looked like you?? :o

I think that's mad PF talking, tomorrow you'll be all "Oh German boy.... something something safety airbag" (or whatever that line was in German that you learnt in your friends car :P)

Yeah I got a set of tickets today for FREEEE I is happy :D

No I wasn't, how I wish I had money to go, sigh... But I am LOVING all the random boardsie interactions lately!

Can we organise the next tLL meetup for a payday weekend? Last weekend/first weekend of the month? Then I has monies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

bluewolf wrote: »

i wouldnt mind someone yelling "hey bluewolf" at me, if that helps

lol i actually think i seen you at Tgi dundrum about 2weeks ago. but you dont know me so i could hardly say "hey there i recognized you from a know your loungers picture"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I wouldn't mind being approached by a boardsie but I'm pretty shy in real life so I'd probably be a bit awkward in conversation for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Approach me all you want as long as you bring me ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

In bed with How I Met Your Mother... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Just home from the cinema after watching the pact. Waste of €4.

Can someone break down the last 5 pages for me pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I wouldn't mind being approached and would be my usual suave self. (Not).
    It would probably happen the day you're not wearing any makeup and just happen to be kicking a child at that moment or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Polloloca wrote: »
    Approach me all you want as long as you bring me ice cream.

you got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Kiera wrote: »

There's a new rule that if you see a boardsie in real life you're allowed to shout BONEYARSEBOGMAN at them (regardless of their name) and then give them ice cream. Also, ducks. *I may not have been paying full attention* :p

Kiera wrote: »
    Just home from the cinema after watching the pact. Waste of €4.

I can't remember everything but right now we are discussing meeting boardsies IRL. We also had discussions about languages, mainly German, I'm seeing Des Bishop tomorrow night and I also want a beers organised around payday :D

That was pretty much the last 5 pages of coco_lola... anyone else wanna contribute :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I don't think I'd approach another Boardsie unless they were on their own - I don't think it would really be fair, in case they didn't want the people they were with to know their username.

I was out with a friend before, someone who can barely use Facebook and would have never heard of Boards, and someone came up to me shouting my Boards name ... it was just too awkward to go explaining to my friend how Boards works etc! :o 'Twas a little embarrassing! Like, I have no problem with any other Boards users knowing who I am in real life - but how would you even go about explaining the whole Boards thing to someone who's never used it?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement