Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

(((hugs))) for Ivy for tomorrow xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

but how would you even go about explaining the whole Boards thing to someone who's never used it?!
    I've tried numerous times - it never works. Probably because those who ask me about it haven't the foggiest about computer or the internet.

I remember someone once asking me if they had Facebook, they thought because I (and others) had it, and it was on the internet, they thought they had it too.

Trying to explain to them what Facebook is etc, was a waste of time, they didn't understand a bit of what was being explained to them.

One time I was meeting up with two women off Boards for a shopping trip and my mother said to me the day before "are you sure they aren't men?" :rolleyes: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lucyfur wrote: »
    +1

Hope you're doing OK Ivy.

*hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Oh yeah, sure I remember way back in the day, a friend trying to explain to me what Bebo was and how it worked - myself and the other people with me were laughing at her, it just seemed such a bizarre concept! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Big hugs to Ivy xx Thinking of you and the family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

One time I was meeting up with two women off Boards for a shopping trip and my mother said to me the day before "are you sure they aren't men?" :rolleyes: :pac:
    About that.... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Explaining boards to people who don't use it is impossible. My boyfriend doesn't get it and I use boards a lot! To be honest if someone saw me in real life I'd have no problem with them coming up to me but if I was with someone else I wouldn't like someone to walk up to me and say "oh hi I know you from boards pixiebean" because aside from having to explain boards to the person, I talk about stuff on here that is private and some of it I don't tell all my real life friends so I wouldn't like them to find out my username and come on here and read posts etc. just because if they don't know, there's obviously a reason why I haven't told them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'd be happy if anyone was to come up and say "hi I know you from boards" yet freaked as I've never put up my photo or gone to a meet up....
    Should post in KYL but cameras hate me so I prefer to stay anonymous and have you all believe I look like my avatar

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't think I'd approach another Boardsie unless they were on their own - I don't think it would really be fair, in case they didn't want the people they were with to know their username.

I was out with a friend before, someone who can barely use Facebook and would have never heard of Boards, and someone came up to me shouting my Boards name ... it was just too awkward to go explaining to my friend how Boards works etc! :o 'Twas a little embarrassing! Like, I have no problem with any other Boards users knowing who I am in real life - but how would you even go about explaining the whole Boards thing to someone who's never used it?!

Pretty much all of my friends know I use Boards at this stage but they're still like, "You do what? Just talk to strangers and meet up with them for drinks? Isn't that... weird?" and to be honest, I would definitely prefer if I was more anonymous on here so I wouldn't run up to someone calling their Boards name either.

That and I'm just too shy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

bubblefett wrote: »
    I'd be happy if anyone was to come up and say "hi I know you from boards" yet freaked as I've never put up my photo or gone to a meet up....
    Should post in KYL but cameras hate me so I prefer to stay anonymous and have you all believe I look like my avatar

I always worry about that actually, as I have my pic up, that someone who knows me will come across me on this and be all "OMG" and read all my posts :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I photograph shockingly badly as well (or at least that's what I tell myself :(). No photo of me will ever be willingly posted online. Makes for stupidly boring facebook and the like, but I refuse to inflict that on the world! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

coco_lola wrote: »
    I always worry about that actually, as I have my pic up, that someone who knows me will come across me on this and be all "OMG" and read all my posts :eek:

That does happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Don't be silly bubblefett! I'm sure cameras Dont hate you. Even I put up a pic of my big quazzimodo head. Anything for the icecream!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Cuddles to you Ivy xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

coco_lola wrote: »

The thought honestly terrifies me. Probably shouldn't have revealed as much about myself on boards as I have now that I think about it!

A lot of my friends now understand boards, not how it works or anything they're still confused, but they know I'm on it and that I post quite a bit on it (in more recent times anyway). When they questioned it or did the "is that not weird" thing I just said "well you don't have to do it" and continued on as normal, and they have just accepted it now. So when I blabber on about boards they don't even bat an eyelid now they chat away with me like you were my real life friends :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I've had 2 people come up to me in pubs and say "hi Kiera". It's not my real name which gets all my mates wondering who Kiera is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just walk up to me and say Beep I'll totes cop it!!

Omnom, philedelphia on 7 seed brown bread toast. NOM!

Kiera wrote: »
    I've had 2 people come up to me in pubs and say "hi Kiera". It's not my real name which gets all my mates wondering who Kiera is.

Yup yup, my name's not Lucy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I wouldn't mind if anyone approached me irl, my name is pretty obvious and I have photos on the site so it'd be silly of me to object if someone was to recognise me. I rarely say anything here that I wouldn't say to my friends or boyfriend, so it wouldn't be a big deal if they were to read my posts.

My boyfriend is the one who got me into boards anyway!

Hope Ivy is okay x

• Advertisement

My name's not Coco :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Now I'm fascinated to know what your real names are, I always assumed Keira was Keira and Lucyfur was a Lucy :P

I'm heading to bed now, 'night everyone :)

It always sickens me when people greet me as boneyarsebogman.

Now I'm fascinated to know what your real names are, I always assumed Keira was Keira and Lucyfur was a Lucy :P

Are you Almost?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Wouldn't bother me at all! Sure the OH knows my username and was the reason I got onto boards so he knows everything. and my friends kinda understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'll be Kiera just for you ;)

ihsb wrote: »
    Wouldn't bother me at all! Sure the OH knows my username and was the reason I got onto boards so he knows everything. and my friends kinda understand.

i hate soy beans?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Mine isn't Princess, nor Lil :P

Boybestie knows my name, as does one other friend, which weirds me out a bit, but feck it, I only say nice things generally :P

i hate soy beans?

I Hit Sexy Boys

• Advertisement

I Hit Sexy Boys

Well that's just mean. We don't like being hit.

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement