Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

There was one day in my old job where my then-manager approached me in front and asked me if I were boogeyarsebogman on boards.ie. This was in front of some co-workers and one or two customers. So, not only did I have to own up to the fact that it was me, but then I also had to correct her, much to the amusement of those watching.

Yup.

Next time, I'm picking something like SexyHawtGuy or BigusDickus as a username :pac:.

Until very recently, I thought your name was Boneyarse Boogie-man - that's how I always pronounced it in my head! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Mother's 50th birthday bash tomorrow and then sister's costume hen night on Saturday :D:D Going to be sooo hungover Sunday :)

Picked up this in Tesco, I never knew it came already made up.. can't wait to try it :p

snakes+bite.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Has anyone here any idea how much a captain morgans and fizzy orange/coke is in pubs? And does it taste like vanilla coke?

Heading out next week for the boyfriends birthday and he's mentioned this drink to me so am thinking about trying it.

Am on a tight budget, so will stick to minerals if needs be.

I'm not a big drinker anyway, normally have one or two alcoholic drinks, then stick to the water or coke or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Has anyone here any idea how much a captain morgans and fizzy orange/coke is in pubs? And does it taste like vanilla coke?
    Should be about a fiver. I've never had it with a fizzy drink, I get it with mi-wadi or a flat orange because it tastes like super-split.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Its yummy with diet coke, went through a phase of that being my drink, though flat orange is delish too... should be about a fiver, dependant on the bar.

• Advertisement

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Should be about a fiver. I've never had it with a fizzy drink, I get it with mi-wadi or a flat orange because it tastes like super-split.
    Cheers, might try it with a miwadi so.

Is it very strong? I can handle one or two alcoholic drinks and no more.

Even two alcoholic drinks make me sleepy! :o

/lightweight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

It's about the same as any short with a mixer. Not a fan myself, more of a vodka or malibu girl :)

EmilyO wrote: »
    It's about the same as any short with a mixer. Not a fan myself, more of a vodka or malibu girl :)
    What's malibu like?

I can't handle vodka at all, after a couple of sips I feel ill. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

What's malibu like?

I can't handle vodka at all, after a couple of sips I feel ill. :o

Yeah vodka can be rough, I'll only drink it with something like club lemon that will mask the taste. Malibu is coconut rum, it's not as strong as vodka (24%) so you'd get more of a sugar rush than drunkeness from it. It's quite nice with coke, and with red lemonade it tastes like frosties sweets :pac:

Malibu and 7up is lovely! The barman usually gives you the bottle of mineral so you can make it as strong as you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lately I keep losing tenners and it's beginning to get to me now. I write down what I spend everyday and I'm so careful about where I leave my bag etc so I really have no idea how tenners keep going missing on me. I'm starting to think someone is taking them but nobody I know would do that. Maybe I'm just going mad. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Gah, cant sleep. Have to do a long enough drive in the middle of the night, by myself, tomorrow night and I'm lying awake sh1tting bricks over it. Oh driving, how I hate you

I have Meanies and I like them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Oh, yes. Screw you, Gotye.

2c6.jpg

Ah lads, Busted had some great tunes. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Woke up with a heavy feeling on my chest. Opened my eyes, and my overweight jack Russell was panned out on my chest, staring right into my face. As soon as I woke up, he started wiggling and licking my face.

There's worse ways to wake up! :D

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Ah lads, Busted had some great tunes. :D

Was watching some show on one of the music channels and they were going through all their songs! Ah to be 12 again! :rolleyes: Have their albums on the lappy :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Can I have some hugs and cake, and maybe can someone organise for it to be tomorrow? I haz a sad. Thanks!

EDIT just saw that ye nice ladies gave me hugs last night. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Can I have some hugs and cake, and maybe can someone organise for it to be tomorrow? I haz a sad. Thanks!

EDIT just saw that ye nice ladies gave me hugs last night. Thanks!
    What's happening tomorrow? Everything ok?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Blush_01 wrote: »
    My username is ancient - it's 15 years old this year! (It has had previous incarnations on other sites.)

That made me realise that mine is about 10 years old now. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Kiera wrote: »
    It's my brother's anniversary today, hate hate hate this day.

(I don't mean to be an attention hoor/drama queen, I just need to vent!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Kiera wrote: »

Aw I'm sorry hon, hope you get through today alright x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Ivy I hope you're okay today. Be extra extra nice to youself and steal plenty of cuddles off the baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ivy *hugs for you*

Take care of yourself today! xxx

and you are not being an attention hoor! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Huge hugs for Ivy :) And sure thats what this place is for. Talking about hoors, getting hugs, disturbing chatter and lots of cake...

Didn't get to sleep until 4.10am because I was texting one of the lads and was wide awake. Work in an hour. I am going to be a super fun individual today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Huge hugs for Ivy :) And sure thats what this place is for. Talking about hoors, getting hugs, disturbing chatter and lots of cake...

Didn't get to sleep until 4.10am because I was texting one of the lads and was wide awake. Work in an hour. I am going to be a super fun individual today...

i was tossing and turning all night because i was still really mad at my friend

But im starting work (kinda) today!! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hugs Ivy. I know there's nothing anyone can say to make this day any easier but look after yourself ok x x

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thinking of you today, gorgeous. xx

I've had the same username since 1999. Most of my friends know my handle, I'm fine with that. (It is a bit rubbish though)

In *squee* news, my friend has been voted Secondary School Teacher of the Year. I'm ridiculously proud of her, and it's well deserved, she brings out such a love of learning in her students. It's a beautiful thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Jaysis, where are you all drinking? A Captain & Coke/Club is almost €7 in my local. And it's not even a fancy place!

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »
    lol i actually think i seen you at Tgi dundrum about 2weeks ago. but you dont know me so i could hardly say "hey there i recognized you from a know your loungers picture"

yeah! i was there. i had a blue drink!
    you should've said hi, sure :D
    I don't think I'd approach another Boardsie unless they were on their own - I don't think it would really be fair, in case they didn't want the people they were with to know their username.
    Ah everyone knows about "that internet forum I post on" at this stage, they're used to me being a total nerd, so it's graaaaand
    i'm going to galway with those internet people tomorrow :pac::D
    EmilyO wrote: »
    I'd love to know the 'inspiration' behind people's usernames.

Also, wine! :)
    favourite colour & animal :pac:
    been using it since i was 13
    i think a lot of people must know it by now in general, used it in a couple other forums before boards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement