Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

One person came up to me before and said Hi. But he was really creepy and when I asked him his name he wouldn't tell me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Found 45 euro in my bag that I didn't know I had. Dunno where it came from!

Polloloca wrote: »
    Found 45 euro in my bag that I didn't know I had. Dunno where it came from!

can i borrow your bag please

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hugs for Ivy. Mind yourself today. :) xx

My little brother is 19 today. :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I wouldn't mind anyone coming up to me, provided they tell me who they are!

Even if I'm with my husband and kid, James loves meeting people and Mike would find it weird but say nothing.

BTW, if I look like I'm in a bad mood, I'm probably not. My face always looks like that.

• Advertisement

@Das Kitty, I look like that too apparently according to a couple of different people. When I have my "normal" face on I look depressed. :rolleyes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    @Das Kitty, I look like that too apparently according to a couple of different people. When I have my "normal" face on I look depressed. :rolleyes.

Rolling it out again

kris-atomic-Design-Crush.jpg

I like that. :)

Was texting my bf a min ago and I happened to mention I was hungry. With that, heartburn.. How is that possible? I even mention food and I get heartburn..

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Das Kitty wrote: »
    BTW, if I look like I'm in a bad mood, I'm probably not. My face always looks like that.

Me too! Runs in my family, we all look cranky or deep in thought.

On the topic of boards names my mind was blown the day I realised CathyMoran's name wasn't Cathy Moran, sad how amazed I was! :p A few boardsies I met in real life thought my original name was actually my real name, and they all pronounced it wrong :)

Fun fact for today - did any of you know that my boyfriend is also a boardsie? A quiet one, but a boardsie nonetheless. And it was my mum who told me to try boards.ie, and she's also on here! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Acoshla wrote: »
    Me too! Runs in my family, we all look cranky or deep in thought.

On the top of boards names my mind was blown the day I realised CathyMoran's name wasn't Cathy Moran, sad how amazed I was! :p A few boardsies I met in real life thought my original name was actually my real name, and they all pronounced it wrong :)

Fun fact for today - did any of you know that my boyfriend is also a boardsie? A quiet one, but a boardsie nonetheless. And it was my mum who told me to try boards.ie, and she's also on here! :)
    It's not?? :eek: </head explodes>

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I suffer from chronic bitch-face too :( We should set up a support group! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

One thing's for certain, someone telling me to 'cheer up love' is guaranteed to turn my neutral bitch-face into actual bitch-face pretty damn quick!

ffs pigsback why are you having issues loading up my vouchers i need to print!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dolorous wrote: »
    One thing's for certain, someone telling me to 'cheer up love' is guaranteed to turn my neutral bitch-face into actual bitch-face pretty damn quick!

It's the 'love' part that really grinds my gears.

Lately to pass the time I've been setting myself knitting targets. Today seeing as I still have to shower, I have a shift in the LSPCA shop, look in the 2 local pet shops for 2 new fur babies, and I also have to buy my brother's and my bf's birthday presents, I am going to see if I can finish either a square for my blanket or finish the booties for the doll outfit pattern. :D

I know it's a bit sad but it helps pass the time when I haven't much else to do. Plus, some of the stuff I'm knitting I'm thinking of donating to the LSPCA shop. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lately to pass the time I've been setting myself knitting targets. Today seeing as I still have to shower, I have a shift in the LSPCA shop, look in the 2 local pet shops for 2 new fur babies, and I also have to buy my brother's and my bf's birthday presents, I am going to see if I can finish either a square for my blanket or finish the booties for the doll outfit pattern. :D

I know it's a bit sad but it helps pass the time when I haven't much else to do. Plus, some of the stuff I'm knitting I'm thinking of donating to the LSPCA shop. :)

I don't think it's sad at all! I love to sew and make nice things. It is something to do, it keeps me relaxed, it gets me to be creative, it's unique, there are loads of reasons why making stuff is not sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

coco_lola wrote: »
    Are you Almost?

:)

I'm Never ;) :P
    I suffer from chronic bitch-face too :( We should set up a support group! :pac:

*joins* I have a number of ideas on how to deal with "cheer up" people, they may not be legal but I'm still proud :D

Back to Dublin again today, woo :D

*huge hugs* for Ivy <3

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm still having trouble adjusting to that. :o You are such a Lucy!

(I like Lucys, by the way! :D )

126572_340.jpg
    I don't see a problem with that. Obviously if you have the means it'd be a nice treat. If you're going and she'd love to go then I don't see why you shouldn't do it.

I was only with my boyfriend a couple of months when he bought me a ticket to Oxegen. By the time EP comes around you'll be seeing each other (hopefully) over 2 months and you don't have to tell her right away, you can wait a month or so and she'll still have plenty of time to organise herself for it.

My bf brought me to Spain when we were 6 weeks together...

Can I have some hugs and cake, and maybe can someone organise for it to be tomorrow? I haz a sad. Thanks!

EDIT just saw that ye nice ladies gave me hugs last night. Thanks!

Hugs and cake stolen from Acoshla's kitchen, just for you x
    It's my brother's anniversary today, hate hate hate this day.

(I don't mean to be an attention hoor/drama queen, I just need to vent!)

Vent all you want to sweetheart x
    I like that. :)

Was texting my bf a min ago and I happened to mention I was hungry. With that, heartburn.. How is that possible? I even mention food and I get heartburn..

I wish this would happen to me. I can eat all of the food all of the times.

Thanks Ivy. Hope you're ok today. :)

I'm all excited that I might have new fur babies tonight! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

We just got cupcakes into our office.. Red velvet cupcakes :)

This one's for you krudler

Ermahgerd cerpcerks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I've gotten "cheer up, it's not the end of the world" once or twice from strangers. I've never understood how people think they're being nice/clever/witty when they say that. In my head I'm screaming "how the fúck do you know it's not the end of my world??!! I could have found out I have some terminal disease, or someone could have died, or I could be on my way to jump off the nearest bridge for all you know!" :mad:

Makes me crazy, that does. Next time it happens, I'll be responding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've gotten "cheer up, it's not the end of the world" once or twice from strangers. I've never understood how people think they're being nice/clever/witty when they say that. In my head I'm screaming "how the fúck do you know it's not the end of my world??!! I could have found out I have some terminal disease, or someone could have died, or I could be on my way to jump off the nearest bridge for all you know!" :mad:

Makes me crazy, that does. Next time it happens, I'll be responding.

'It doesn't matter how you're feeling inside, you should smile for my benefit and because I said so :)'

...and that, your honour, is when I beat him to death with his own shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Thinking of you today, gorgeous. xx

I've had the same username since 1999. Most of my friends know my handle, I'm fine with that. (It is a bit rubbish though)

In *squee* news, my friend has been voted Secondary School Teacher of the Year. I'm ridiculously proud of her, and it's well deserved, she brings out such a love of learning in her students. It's a beautiful thing.

I love your username, I always read it in a heavily-German-accented evil mastermind type voice. :o

I wouldn't mind anyone approaching me but it's highly unlikely since I don't put photos or my real name on this...a couple of my friends know my username but I'm not that interesting, doubt they'd be bothered reading everything I post!

Edit: Lucy and Kiera are not Lucy and Kiera?? :( thought I had it all figured out!

'It doesn't matter how you're feeling inside, you should smile for my benefit and because I said so :)'

...and that, your honour, is when I beat him to death with his own shoes.

I'd defend you in court on that basis no bother! :D

I'm curious about everyone's real names now. Everybody knows mine. :rolleyes:

I'm really a crazy Mexican.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Polloloca wrote: »
    I'm really a crazy Mexican.

I thought you were a crazy small car :P

598901_149390268530451_1181090423_n.jpg

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long, long time! :D

• Advertisement

My real name is weird as hell and in work today some old lady kept calling me Adelaide cause she thought that's what it was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement