Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Rather than people's real names, I'd love to know people's original usernames! There are several people on here who have changed names/opened new accounts, and I know I recognise their posting style, but I can't for the life of me figure out who they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Thinking of you today Ivy, hope you're doing okay.

Thanks everyone, I feel better than I did this morning. Thinking of the happy times!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

This is the only username I've had. But I do recognise the style of posts and can never remember old usernames. :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just got notification of what my yearly bonus will be.

It is a high number, a very high number. More than a swanky new bike, less than an unswanky new car. I am most pleased, even if Herr Taxman is going to get the half of it.

Carpet for the stairs is first on my list.

I'm old.

• Advertisement

drinks are on dk tomorrow! o/
    :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    drinks are on dk tomorrow! o/
    :D

Not getting it til july, so tough titty!

(I'll buy you some buckfast if you like though...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Acoshla wrote: »

Fun fact for today - did any of you know that my boyfriend is also a boardsie? A quiet one, but a boardsie nonetheless. And it was my mum who told me to try boards.ie, and she's also on here! :)

My boyfriend is a boardsie too. My brother is a pretty well-known, prolific poster in AH, I think people would be surprised to hear we're siblings!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Truley wrote: »
    My boyfriend is a boardsie too. My brother is a pretty well-known, prolific poster in AH, I think people would be surprised to hear we're siblings!

its Pighead isnt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Rather than people's real names, I'd love to know people's original usernames! There are several people on here who have changed names/opened new accounts, and I know I recognise their posting style, but I can't for the life of me figure out who they are!

If they've changed their name, you can usually check the old name by looking at old posts by them - the posts will show up in their new name, but if they're quoted in the thread you'll see the old name.

(Expert stalking tip :cool: )
    Truley wrote: »

Tell me tell me tell me! (Mail if necessary!)

Oh and my boyfriend's a boardsie too, that's how I met him! :cool:

• Advertisement

TGc beers tomorrow. YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY!

Cannot wait to throw on my suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

krudler wrote: »
    its Pighead isnt it

I wish!!! He's nowhere near as cool as Pighead though. I wont give names sorry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I used to work with a boardsie. That's about it :(

I don't know how krudler doesn't love working in a call centre. Being able to disconnect a complete idiot is so much fun.

"Sir, if you continue to use profanities towards me, I am going to disconnect your call."
    "Fuck you..."
    /hangs up

Total stress reliever!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Novella wrote: »
    I don't know how krudler doesn't love working in a call centre. Being able to disconnect a complete idiot is so much fun.

"Sir, if you continue to use profanities towards me, I am going to disconnect your call."
    "Fuck you..."
    /hangs up

Total stress reliever!

is that what you're doing now? a fellow centre monkey :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I'm curious about everyone's real names now. Everybody knows mine. :rolleyes:

Mine is Esmerelda Toolooleebottom:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I reckon there are quite a few boardsies where I work, judging by what I've glimpsed on people's screens at lunchtime :pac: Thankfully I don't think any of them know who I am.

When you've been on the same account for 9 years, quite a lot of people you know tend to work out who you are though...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1912638/salted-caramel-choc-pots

I want to make this. Badly. Calorie content though. :eek:

Anyone who has a boyfriend of sibling who knows they post on here/their username should tell us who they are. Some people make me really curious and I want to know who they're dating. :pac: snoopy for example really tested my nosey nature when she said she was reading her ex's posts.

krudler wrote: »
    is that what you're doing now? a fellow centre monkey :pac:

Yeah, help desk for a bank. I think it's sort of fun!

Make it and bring it out to Dunshaughlin for us for after the race tomorrow :pac: :cool:

• Advertisement

I don't really consider Boards to be anonymous ... I think that, if you post in any way regularly, plenty of people will end up recognising you. Even if you're careful not to post up photos or give away identifying information - they could end up recognising you by a certain phrase, or anecdote, or a small unimportant detail you mention, etc. I've had a few people say to me that they worked out who I was on Boards. These days I sort of assume that people may very well recognise me, so I try to keep that in mind when posting, especially in public forums.

If they've changed their name, you can usually check the old name by looking at old posts by them - the posts will show up in their new name, but if they're quoted in the thread you'll see the old name.

(Expert stalking tip :cool: )
    Ah but that only works if they haven't set up a new account...

Make it and bring it out to Dunshaughlin for us for after the race tomorrow :pac: :cool:

I'm not going to Dunsahuglin :pac: Is Brian over? I still owe him a tenner from Fran's Barcelona failure :mad:

Anyone who has a boyfriend of sibling who knows they post on here/their username should tell us who they are. Some people make me really curious and I want to know who they're dating. :pac: snoopy for example really tested my nosey nature when she said she was reading her ex's posts.

Oh those look awesome!

Well you know who my boyfriend is! :cool: 'Tis no secret anyways! I know who snoopy's ex is too (well I think I do), but I'm saying nuffin'! :P

Hope it's not Ulster Bank! :eek: That would not be fun at the moment, I'd imagine!

I'm not going to Dunsahuglin :pac: Is Brian over? I still owe him a tenner from Fran's Barcelona failure :mad:

Yep, he's not racing tomorrow though.

Yep, he's not racing tomorrow though.

Give me a shout if the gang are moving their beer drinking to the big smoke. Might pop in for a while - and I don't like having debts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Das Kitty wrote: »
    BTW, if I look like I'm in a bad mood, I'm probably not. My face always looks like that.
    Dolorous wrote: »
    One thing's for certain, someone telling me to 'cheer up love' is guaranteed to turn my neutral bitch-face into actual bitch-face pretty damn quick!

Another chronic b****face here; it sucks at work because if I want to make tips I have to make an extra effort to smile, or else it's pretty obvious how much I hate my job! But I'm usually in good form, just don't look like it.
    Polloloca wrote: »
    I'm really a crazy Mexican.

I thought your name was Spanish for crazy chicken :o

Some people here probably know my bf on boards, I know some of ye post in the same threads as him.

Hope it's not Ulster Bank! :eek: That would not be fun at the moment, I'd imagine!

No, thankfully it isn't :) It's an American bank. The plus side is that Americans are generally quite cheery on the phone, the downside is that sometimes I have to work nights because of the time difference.

No, thankfully it isn't :) It's an American bank. The plus side is that Americans are generally quite cheery on the phone, the downside is that sometimes I have to work nights because of the time difference.

I would actually love a job where I worked nights, I'm such a night owl! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Oh those look awesome!

Well you know who my boyfriend is! :cool: 'Tis no secret anyways! I know who snoopy's ex is too (well I think I do), but I'm saying nuffin'! :P

Yea you know my ex. Met through boards broke up through boards!!!
    Bought 2 pairs of high heel today . When will I learn :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement