Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I live just across from Croke Park, and I'm pretty sure I can hear Westlife! Is that concert today or are they just practicing?

I should get a rent reduction for this! :pac:

Ooooh pics of new shoes Snoopy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I bought a red pair of high heels and the same in black. Wish I could post pictures on my phone. What could I wear the red ones with?
    I'm off to west life tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A black or navy dress? Would be a nice contrast and help to brighten it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Anyone else with Ulster Bank?

Supposed to get paid today...didn't. And I used almost all the money in my account to pay off my credit card on Wednesday...which still hasn't gone through! So I have like €20 in the bank until probably next week...yay. At least I don't have anything (except the credit card!) due to pay this week/weekend.

Thank God I get tips at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Dolorous wrote: »
    I got my degree, with honours no less :D For the first time in forever I won't be working and studying at the same time, I won't know myself!

Congratulations on becoming degree'd :)

Hope you're doing ok today IvyTheTerrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There's a known issue with Ulster Bank and NatWest at the moment. Pretty nasty stuff :(

Lia_lia wrote: »

Supposed to get paid today...didn't. And I used almost all the money in my account to pay off my credit card on Wednesday...which still hasn't gone through! So I have like €20 in the bank until probably next week...yay. At least I don't have anything (except the credit card!) due to pay this week/weekend.

I've heard of loads of people not getting paid because of the Ulster Bank thing, it's crazy!

I'm so bad with money that I'm literally penniless by payday, and my credit card is always at the limit. And all of my direct debits are set to go out of my account on the first of each month, right after payday. I would be absolutely screwed if my wages didn't go through one month! :eek:

you are to go into a branch with proof of payment due and they will advance you cash

i am not supposed to be paid til wednesday and happily have an overdraft and cards, but lordy, what a nightmare

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

all Ulster banks are open until 7pm today because of the computer glitch.

Thankfully it has stopped raining, i'm happy with sunny and windy :D Home later today, can read through the last weeks worth of posts properly

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Yeah I'm with UlsterBank, but it doesn't affect me because I have €0.84 in my account and no wage :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Loads of people have recognised me from here, apparently my writing style is exactly how I talk in real life.

Plus, then I started posting pics. But at that stage I'd been rumbled loads of times anyway.

About to head off for our work soccer blitz - mah jersey just arrived :D

307043_10151197179937678_1870527784_n.jpg

Anyone who's read my blog already knows my surname anyway, it's not like it's a secret...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, got some good news and some good news. I've submitted my deed poll, yay! And, I won't have to go back to loughlinstown hospital again, because they're referring me to someone in my area who is just starting up that deals with transgender patients. Woo hoo! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I don't really consider Boards to be anonymous ... I think that, if you post in any way regularly, plenty of people will end up recognising you. Even if you're careful not to post up photos or give away identifying information - they could end up recognising you by a certain phrase, or anecdote, or a small unimportant detail you mention, etc. I've had a few people say to me that they worked out who I was on Boards. These days I sort of assume that people may very well recognise me, so I try to keep that in mind when posting, especially in public forums.

Yep I only ever put stuff on here that I'd be happy for 95% of the population to read, I think a lot of people forget it's a public forum, anyone remember the Dublin Beers debacle??

Yep UB are screwed for the last/next few days. All these people freaking out because they can't access wages, times like this remind me how glad I am that my mommy taught me super well how to manage my money, I don't think I've ever had a pay day that I was stuck for money by. I'm very cheap to run :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    Yep I only ever put stuff on here that I'd be happy for 95% of the population to read, I think a lot of people forget it's a public forum, anyone remember the Dublin Beers debacle??

go on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

No what happened? :eek:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

*refreshes page constantly to see if Acoshla has posted the Dublin Beers story*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Dublin Beers debacle you say?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I think she's talking about the time some random lurker non-boardsie turned up to a beers to stalk pikachucheeks?

I think she's talking about the time some random lurker non-boardsie turned up to a beers to stalk pikachucheeks?

I never heard about that. Is that why pikachucheeks stopped posting? I liked her! :(

Creepy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I never heard about that. Is that why pikachucheeks stopped posting? I liked her! :(
    I think she is one of those people that has a new identity. I liked her too.

A beers/meet up was organised here in the public tLL, there was a girl who was a prolific poster here and a guy came up to her at it and asked was she X and was Y coming (was it Novella?) because he'd seen she said she would be there later, he was just making friendly chat and trying to get to know people. She asked his username and he said he isn't a member just a lurker because he's shy but came to the meetup to make friends, freaked her out because she hadn't realised "other" people besides those posting on here could see it :confused:

If whoever that girl was is still here and has a new name sorry if you think I'm telling it wrong or anything but that was the gist of it and tbh I find it hard to believe anyone could forget that it's public, we all lurked briefly before we register!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

The witness protection section of boards is kept busy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Yeh I remember that. He was unnecessarily portrayed as a pervert when he was just trying to be friendly.

Hello, new pikachucheeks username, if you're reading this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

That man did then sign up to Boards to say that he didn't intend to frighten anybody or whatever so it was all fine. :)

If you organise a meet up on a public page lurkers are to be expected to show up in fairness, one came to a Galway meet up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

If you organise a meet up on a public page lurkers are to be expected to show up in fairness, one came to a Galway meet up too.

I remember that. She was quite nice. No hostility towards her either.

I reckon there was a few more lurkers hanging around in the corners as well that night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The witness protection section of boards is kept busy!

relocated boardsies?

"And that's the hardest part. Today everything is different; there's no action... have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food - right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody... get to live the rest of my life like a schnook."

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    That man did then sign up to Boards to say that he didn't intend to frighten anybody or whatever so it was all fine. :)

ah okay, I just saw "showed up to stalk" and thought it was creepy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement