Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

ah okay, I just saw "showed up to stalk" and thought it was creepy.

Poor phrasing on my part, apologies :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

ah okay, I just saw "showed up to stalk" and thought it was creepy.

Ah no. I think he kind of just read threads on Boards but didn't post. Then he showed up to a beers, things kind of got out of hand on the beers thread the next day, he obviously read it and signed up to say that it was never his intention to cause alarm. That's all it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Acoshla wrote: »
    If whoever that girl was is still here and has a new name sorry if you think I'm telling it wrong or anything but that was the gist of it and tbh I find it hard to believe anyone could forget that it's public, we all lurked briefly before we register!

Exactly, sure, even if you look at the Currently Active Users at any time you can see how much lurking goes on ... for example, at the moment, there are 65 people active in this forum. Of those, only 23 are members. And, even, of those 23, while I recognise most of the names, there are still a handful of usernames I've never seen before (and I'd know most of the posters here.)

I bet I've just totally creeped everyone out now ... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Exactly, sure, even if you look at the Currently Active Users at any time you can see how much lurking goes on ... for example, at the moment, there are 65 people active in this forum. Of those, only 23 are members. And, even, of those 23, while I recognise most of the names, there are still a handful of usernames I've never seen before (and I'd know most of the posters here.)

*runs to check active users list* :eek::P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

*runs to check active users list* :eek::P

Haha, I just did the same! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Anything I say on Boards I'd probably say face-to-face anyway. If I need to vent real bad then I have R&R and the few other hiding spots ;) Although I don't talk about my membership on Boards openly I know a few people who have figured out who I am but again, it doesn't bother me! I'm not going to change my views on a certain topic etc. because I'm found out, I'm posting as myself so it doesn't matter :)

Yeah I remember that scandal, it's funny that people can just tune in on the posting that goes on and despite not adding anything themselves they can get to know people from the way they write and what they write about.

Huh! Still have nothing to wear, I am eyeing up my lovely purple dress now that the weather is brighter and less windy. I may wear tights just in case the wind picks up :D

some people just don't bother logging in but they might be regulars
    plus you have google cache thingys and stuff
    but yeah

bluewolf wrote: »
    some people just don't bother logging in but they might be regulars
    plus you have google cache thingys and stuff
    but yeah

Ah yeah that's true, and anyways it's not something that bothers me or anything! Just good to be aware of it, at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Can I have some hugs and cake, and maybe can someone organise for it to be tomorrow? I haz a sad. Thanks!

EDIT just saw that ye nice ladies gave me hugs last night. Thanks!
    It's my brother's anniversary today, hate hate hate this day.

(I don't mean to be an attention hoor/drama queen, I just need to vent!)
    *hugs* Ivy, I hope the day passes quickly for you and Baby Ivy is giving you lots of cuddles and kisses :)

Rich%20chocolate%20cake%20decorated%20with%20white%20Belgian%20chocolate%20curls,%20tied%20with%20golden%20organza%20ribbon%20and%20topped%20with%20blueberries,%20blackberries%20and%20raspberries..jpg

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Jaysis, where are you all drinking? A Captain & Coke/Club is almost €7 in my local. And it's not even a fancy place!
    I'm down in Mullingar so hopefully it won't be too expensive, or do all pubs around the country charge standard prices rather than varied prices depending on location?
    I suffer from chronic bitch-face too :( We should set up a support group! :pac:
    +1.

I have a puss on my face and even when I'm not in a bad mood everyone thinks I am. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been asked if I'm in a bad mood just because I've a sour puss on my face.

Yet, if I go around smiling (I forced myself to do it so as not to look grumpy) I was asked 'am I high on something' :rolleyes:
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    Anyone else with Ulster Bank?

Supposed to get paid today...didn't. And I used almost all the money in my account to pay off my credit card on Wednesday...which still hasn't gone through! So I have like €20 in the bank until probably next week...yay. At least I don't have anything (except the credit card!) due to pay this week/weekend.

Thank God I get tips at work.
    Yeah me, went to lodge money into my a/c the other day the cashier said she could take the money but couldn't process the transaction for me and she had no idea when she'd be able to do it.

Things like this make me glad I don't have direct debits/rent/bills etc coming out of my a/c. Luckily I have less than a euro in my a/c so I'm not too fussed.

I'm hopefully starting a Fás course in a few weeks and they usually pay via bank transfer, I hope UB have it sorted by then, cos if not I'll have to open an account with a different bank just so I can get paid, or else have it paid into my mothers account as I have only one bank a/c atm.

I was looking at opening an a/c with TSB but they have charges if you don't have around €1000 going into your a/c every month. :( I'd be lucky to have €100 going into my a/c every month lol.

Having cottage pie now and it is boiling :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

A rule I heard about Facebook is one I generally follow when posting anywhere online, don't write anything that you wouldn't be happy to see on a billboard outside your mother's house :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Being chased with a wooden spoon...oh memory lane :D

A rule I heard about Facebook is one I generally follow when posting anywhere online, don't write anything that you wouldn't be happy to see on a billboard outside your mother's house :)

Speaking of which, I'm always forgetting that my mum is on Facebook. :o I don't think I post anything too controversial there anyways though!!

Vinta81 wrote: »
    All the wooden spoons we had disappeared, the last two I took and put them in bins on the street. No chance of her finding them there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Trying to send psychic thoughts to my boyfriend to bring home chocolate. I know I could just text him but I reckon if he brings it home without me asking then technically it's not cheating on my diet, I'd just be eating it to be polite ;)

All the wooden spoons we had disappeared, the last two I took and put them in bins on the street. No chance of her finding them there. :pac:

I'm seriously lol'ing out loud thinking about being chased up the stairs and down again with the wooden spoon in my mums hand lol.

Thank god people are gone for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My mum used to get so annoyed but not wanting to actually slap us (the fear of the spoon being enough of a deterrent!) she used to whack them off things, the amount of spoons she broke! (I know I was a brat when I was little)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

My Mother took out the wooden spoon at us a few times and we just pissed laughing her because we knew she wouldn't touch us with it and it seemed so silly..

I'm down in Mullingar so hopefully it won't be too expensive, or do all pubs around the country charge standard prices rather than varied prices depending on location?

I was looking at opening an a/c with TSB but they have charges if you don't have around €1000 going into your a/c every month. :( I'd be lucky to have €100 going into my a/c every month lol.

I actually think pubs are supposed to have set prices that they are supposed to display and stick to (although I could be wrong) but I always find drink is cheaper outside of Dublin.

My boyfriend has his current account in TSB and he isn't charged anything and he definitely doesn't have €1,000 going into his account every month. It's not a student account either. Go into one of their branches if you can and you might get more information.

I'm seriously lol'ing out loud thinking about being chased up the stairs and down again with the wooden spoon in my mums hand lol.

Thank god people are gone for the day
    Haha when my mum used to chase me when I was naughty I used to dive in under the kitchen table as she'd never be able to get me.

I actually never hit my head or injured myself or anything.

I remember one time I slid down the stairs head first, my auntie came running after hearing the thumps on the stairs shouting "muffin, muffin, oh my god muffin", I was grand, started laughing at her, got such a bollocking for it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm with Ulster Bank. No money has gone in but they've taken all 6 direct debits over the past 2 days :rolleyes: There's money in the acc so I'm not bothered but it's all a bit Irish..

• Advertisement

Omg the threat of the wooden spoon or I'll get the Tabasco sauce out and pour it down our throats :eek: :pac: She never went through with a single threat but the fear of God when I saw a piece of wood...now I see wood in a whole new light ;):P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Most of those are internet "spiders" that log web pages. Like when you do a google search and you can look at older versions of websites.

I'd say the actual number of lurkers is relatively low, I'd be surprised if it's higher than the number of registered users at any one time.

I actually think pubs are supposed to have set prices that they are supposed to display and stick to (although I could be wrong) but I always find drink is cheaper outside of Dublin.

My boyfriend has his current account in TSB and he isn't charged anything and he definitely doesn't have €1,000 going into his account every month. It's not a student account either. Go into one of their branches if you can and you might get more information.
    I honestly don't think I have ever seen a price list for drinks in any of the pubs I've been to. I'm not very observant though so they may have been up somewhere, I just wouldn't have looked at them.

Thanks for that info, I would just be opening the most basic current account there is, as I only really use it for lodging and shopping online with the visa debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Never heard of the Tabasco sauce threat before.

Omg the threat of the wooden spoon or I'll get the Tabasco sauce out and pour it down our throats :eek: :pac: She never went through with a single threat but the fear of God when I saw a piece of wood...now I see wood in a whole new light ;):P

what the bejaysus

nothing compared to the seriously sick disturbed stuff i've seen posted in the punishments thread in AH but still

bluewolf wrote: »
    what the bejaysus

You were never chased by a wooden spoon? I thought that was obligatory if you grew up in Ireland in the eighties!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If you organise a meet up on a public page lurkers are to be expected to show up in fairness, one came to a Galway meet up too.
    That might have been me. :o I didnt post on the His&Hers Cinema outing thread, but on my way home from work I decided on a whim as I was passing Wellpark to drop in. I met you (with your old username), and Xiney, and Stenchy, and there were a couple of other girls there too, but I cant remember their usernames. But I was a poster here before that so I hope you didnt think I was all stalkery :(
    I changed my username shortly afterwards in the Great Boards Hack to this one because I realised the stuff I was posting made me identifiable to others.

:pac: All the mother had to do was rattle the drawer they were kept in and we hoored it out the back door down the field only to return when hungry. :D
    My mum used to get so annoyed but not wanting to actually slap us (the fear of the spoon being enough of a deterrent!) she used to whack them off things, the amount of spoons she broke! (I know I was a brat when I was little)

Apt nickname your dad had for you then eh?:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

We never got the spoon but we got the back of the hand a few times (about 3 or 4 IIRC). In the 90s :(

We never got the spoon but we got the back of the hand a few times (about 3 or 4 IIRC). In the 90s :(
    I didn't get slapped by my parents in the 90s but I DID get slapped by a particular teacher (who slapped everybody). Don't know how he got away with, he stay in the school for a good 15 years after that, he is legendary in my hometown.

• Advertisement

A teacher in my primary school used to hit students with those big World Book encyclopedias. She then went on to become principal. She only left the school when she retired, I think she has since passed away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement