Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

My profound hatred for anything related to administration is making me doubt whether I'm really cut out for a career in law. Bah. At least I seem to be making some small measure of progress though!

Think I'm going to make a bacon, onion and cheese omelette for tea, nyom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I feel like I always initiate texts with everyone (and a lot of the time I don't even get a reply from a couple of my friends) so yep it does include him unfortunately. :(

Edit: Now I feel horrible for saying that. :(

If you feel that what you are saying is true, there's no need to feel horrible for saying it. I used to always feel really guilty for telling people things I knew that maybe they didn't wanna hear, but I mean if something is getting you down, you should be able to say it, right? Life isn't all about keeping other people happy, you gotta put yourself first sometimes too.

If someone continuously ignored my attempts to contact them, to be honest I would just stop. Yeah, I might be lonely for a while but the world is full of people so it's guaranteed I'll meet someone who will be bothered to text me back etc.

As for your boyfriend, I presume he always texts you back? Perhaps he's just gotten into a bit of a routine whereby he waits for your text or whatever. I'm sure he doesn't mean to make you feel sad, in fact he probably doesn't even realise.
    Lola92 wrote: »
    Mine and OH's anniversary today, feeling very loved up! :) He made me banana pancakes this morning and we went to a local festival for the afternoon. God I can't wait until the baby is asleep though!!! :p;)

I hope everyone going enjoys the Galway Beers! :)

Happy anniversary! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Wondering is less actually more when it comes to fake tan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Polloloca wrote: »

in my years of using the stuff ive learned that when i use to more i option i tend to look like an Oompah Loompah :/

I think so. When it comes to fake tan, I think it's better if people don't actually know you're wearing any, but just think you're a little sun kissed!

Different strokes for different folks and all though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I'm in a wonderfully craptastic mood today. No idea why, but meh. Might go running soon, see if I can't get it out of my system.

Use as little as possible - fake tan rarely looks good! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

i love my big massive hoody!
    Ha, I read that as "I love my massive body!".

I was like "okay..."

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Novella, that's exactly how I feel. If something is getting me down I always feel like a b*tch for saying so, I have no idea why this is. I've been told several times that I'm too nice for my own good and I think it's true.

My bf does text me back but a lot of the time he gets distracted and forgets for ages and I feel ignored. I said it to him last night (and felt horrible as usual) and he did apologise but I'm still a bit peed off if I'm honest.

Lola92, happy anniversary! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I'm still in bad mood.

Using the last €10 in my wallet to order the pizza I'll eat while watching something happy on tv.

Novella, that's exactly how I feel. If something is getting me down I always feel like a b*tch for saying so, I have no idea why this is. I've been told several times that I'm too nice for my own good and I think it's true.

My bf does text me back but a lot of the time he gets distracted and forgets for ages and I feel ignored. I said it to him last night (and felt horrible as usual) and he did apologise but I'm still a bit peed off if I'm honest.

You shouldn't feel like a bitch though. I know exactly how you feel 'cause I used to be totally like that but now I just think to myself, "Would I treat this person the way they are treating me?" and if the answer to that is no, I don't feel bad for saying something. I just feel like life is too short to put up with crap from people when you don't really have to.

Don't ever feel bad for standing up for yourself and don't let anybody make you feel like your feelings aren't valid because they are. x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Ha, I read that as "I love my massive body!".

I was like "okay..."

oh if only! :(

Novella wrote: »
    You shouldn't feel like a bitch though. I know exactly how you feel 'cause I used to be totally like that but now I just think to myself, "Would I treat this person the way they are treating me?" and if the answer to that is no, I don't feel bad for saying something. I just feel like life is too short to put up with crap from people when you don't really have to.

Don't ever feel bad for standing up for yourself and don't let anybody make you feel like your feelings aren't valid because they are. x

Yeah that's true. I wouldn't treat anyone like that. I'm one of these people that texts back right away almost all of the time so maybe it's sort of unfair of me to expect replies. I don't really know why I feel bad for standing up for myself tbh but I always have. Meh, just in a crap mood today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Yeah that's true. I wouldn't treat anyone like that. I'm one of these people that texts back right away almost all of the time so maybe it's sort of unfair of me to expect replies.

How on earth is it unfair of you to expect people to text you back?? :confused:

How on earth is it unfair of you to expect people to text you back?? :confused:

Sorry, I actually meant maybe it's unfair of me to expect that they reply straight away. I'm sorry for causing confusion.

I don't know really. I'm just in a crap mood and I have no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Jane, stop apologising!!! If people don't text back, stop texting them. And when the text you looking for something, let em wait!!

As for the bf, if he doesn't text back, go for a walk, watch a movie, paint a picture, help your mom with the housework....ANYTHING....just don't wait for the phone to beep!!

Finally know when I'm getting my hair done, Wednesday can't come quick enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

It's my birthday tomorrow :D Yay.

Boyfriend got me a season of my fave tv show and other stuffs.

My best friend got me some Wonder Woman drinking glasses, a big bunch of flowers and she's making me some red velvet cupcakes later <3

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Jane, stop apologising!!! If people don't text back, stop texting them. And when the text you looking for something, let em wait!!

As for the bf, if he doesn't text back, go for a walk, watch a movie, paint a picture, help your mom with the housework....ANYTHING....just don't wait for the phone to beep!!

Okay.. :o I admit to being one of those people that would nearly apologise for apologising.. :rolleyes:

I never really wait for him to text back, I do my own thing and if he texts, he texts. It's a bit annoying that he tends to get distracted so easily and forgets he's even texting me.

Hehe, the gerbils are too cute.. I gave them an empty toilet roll tube for them to play with and they're having great craic with it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

If it's constant Jane play them all at their own game. Next time your free texts run out even leave it a day or two before topping up if you find it difficult to resist.

Okay.. :o I admit to being one of those people that would nearly apologise for apologising.. :rolleyes:

I never really wait for him to text back, I do my own thing and if he texts, he texts. It's a bit annoying that he tends to get distracted so easily and forgets he's even texting me.

Hehe, the gerbils are too cute.. I gave them an empty toilet roll tube for them to play with and they're having great craic with it! :D

I kinda figured that;)

I know you're trying really hard, just try not to depend on people to make you happy. YOU should make you happy. Be proud of yourself and have a little bit of faith in yourself;)

• Advertisement

If it's constant Jane play them all at their own game. Next time your free texts run out even leave it a day or two before topping up if you find it difficult to resist.

Yeah you're probably right. I'm always the one that initiates texting so I'll stop that and see what happens. I have a bill phone so my free texts never run out.. :o That would be a great idea though..
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    I kinda figured that;)

I know you're trying really hard, just try not to depend on people to make you happy. YOU should make you happy. Be proud of yourself and have a little bit of faith in yourself;)

Thanks Lucyfur. I appreciate the advice. :)

I'm as happy as a pig in poop right now.

Probably helped by the belly full of pasta and the nice glass of vino:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lola92 wrote: »
    Mine and OH's anniversary today, feeling very loved up! :) He made me banana pancakes this morning and we went to a local festival for the afternoon. God I can't wait until the baby is asleep though!!! :p;)

I hope everyone going enjoys the Galway Beers! :)
    Happy anniversary.
    IUse as little as possible - fake tan rarely looks good! :pac:
    +1

*hugs* for Jane

Dinner sooon, rib eye steak (3 for €7.99 in Dunnes), mushrooms, onions, mashed spuds. Nom nom nom!!

Thanks Muffin. :)

Bf's brother has just put up a pic of their Grandad on Facebook. I'd never seen any pics of him before but it's unreal how much my bf looks like his Grandad. :eek:

One of my best friends is really upset and there's absolutely nothing I can do to help her. :(

One of my best friends is really upset and there's absolutely nothing I can do to help her. :(

That is the worst :( Hope she'll be okay soon.

That's awful. Hope she'll be okay soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Congrats on the anniversary Lola.

With Mr. Boyfriend, and eating Nachos for the very first time on his recommendation. They are YUUUMMMMYYYYYYY!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I am officially a certified canine first responder!! (doggy first aider)

Almost passed out at one point though :o They kept talking about blood and different types of bleeds and the room went wibbly and my hearing went. The instructor didn't understand why I was doing first aid if I can't stand the thought of blood. I said if the time comes that my dog needs help then a fear of the red stuff won't stop me doing everything in my power to save him.

• Advertisement

bubblefett wrote: »
    I am officially a certified canine first responder!! (doggy first aider)

Almost passed out at one point though :o They kept talking about blood and different types of bleeds and the room went wibbly and my hearing went. The instructor didn't understand why I was doing first aid if I can't stand the thought of blood. I said if the time comes that my dog needs help then a fear of the red stuff won't stop me doing everything in my power to save him.

That's awesome!! I did cardiac first responce and first aid but just for hoomans...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement