Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I know how you feel................

I wish A certain boardies would reply to my pm's and not just suddenly stop in the middle of a converstation :P

Checks PM's - not me either :( Hopefully they will PM u back soon!!

Watching that Psychic thingy on TV3 - pmsl at some of it tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Albection wrote: »
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Hehe, the gerbils are too cute.. I gave them an empty toilet roll tube for them to play with and they're having great craic with it! :D

Is it weird that this kind of makes me want to be a gerbil? :o

Um, yes. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I've done two of these courses before. Actually had to do chest compressions of someone for real during the past week too. (Working in ICU at the moment).

I've done First Aid and I am all for doing chest compressions on those lil dummies 'cause they make a click when you're pushing in the right place with the right pressure but humans do not do that!

ICU sounds good though. How're you finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Novella wrote: »
    I've done two of these courses before. Actually had to do chest compressions of someone for real during the past week too. (Working in ICU at the moment).

I've done First Aid and I am all for doing chest compressions on those lil dummies 'cause they make a click when you're pushing in the right place with the right pressure but humans do not do that!

It's true doing it on a real person is so different. I had to do CPR on my uncle only a few weeks after I learned how to do it and that memory will stay with me forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Excus me excuse me I think I drank a lil more than I should, tonight. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Is it weird that this kind of makes me want to be a gerbil? :o

Sort of but weird is welcomed with me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Ladies, I have an odd question, which by rights I should know the answer to, but I've confused myself :o so if anyone could help?
    Y'know when you're losing weight, do you lose 'back size' as well if you're not losing weight from your boobs? Reason I ask is bought a dress, closes over the shoulders and hips-mid back fine, but it's a tad tight from mid back to just under shoulder blades. I'm currently dieting and losing weight, so, if back size goes down, then I won't return it, back size stays the same, I'll get the next size up, but will have to get the other bits taken in I think...

Short answer, it depends. I know with me, that area of my back is the one place that I don't need to loose weight from. Now my tummy, that's a diff story :pac: Do you notice weight fluctuations in that area?

So, wine is yum. Could really do with a snog tho. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Um, yes. :-/

But the innocence and the being easy to impress. :D It sounds nice. :)

No, they really don't. But the dummies are good training, apparently I was doing it right. It did help that it's been discussed every year of med school thus far. And then the two courses allow me to pretty much do it automatically.

I love it. :D Really complicated stuff and seeing as I'm still a good bit away from even being a doctor, a lot of it is over my head. Really weird to see a place that is comparatively small but has such a huge amount of medical staff. Really different from any other setting I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Ok, so the third and fourth batches of the cookies are yummy, if a lil over cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ok, so the third and fourth batches of the cookies are yummy, if a lil over cooked.

I would love cookies now.

Instead I have make-up remover.

Sadface.

• Advertisement

No, they really don't. But the dummies are good training, apparently I was doing it right. It did help that it's been discussed every year of med school thus far. And then the two courses allow me to pretty much do it automatically.

I love it. :D Really complicated stuff and seeing as I'm still a good bit away from even being a doctor, a lot of it is over my head. Really weird to see a place that is comparatively small but has such a huge amount of medical staff. Really different from any other setting I've ever seen.

Yeah, I can't even imagine what it would be like to work in but it's pretty cool that you get to have that insight. Glad you're enjoying it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I'm sending no texts for the next few days unless it's really important. See who bothers texting me for a change.

I know how you feel................

I wish A certain boardies would reply to my pm's and not just suddenly stop in the middle of a converstation :P

*checks PMs*

whew wasnt me! I am a disaster at replying to PMs though so wouldnt be surprised if someone said that about me! I forget to reply all the time! And for some strange reason I dont get a new PM notification anymore :( so they can go unnoticed for days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Sorry to be vague, I'll probably expand at some stage tomorrow.

FCUK :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

a2dv86.jpg

Friend made me these, and they're so good. :D

I may have eaten a few already, cream cheese and red velvet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Night everyone.

Night Jane, sweet dreams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

This is my first time posting Here but... I GOT A NEW CARRR!! Yaaay!! It's all shiny in my driveway... And all the doors work, and the cigarette lighter, and reverse...

I was driving my first ever car, my moms old one, up until 3 weeks ago when it shat itself.. This is my first ever new car, and it's brand new.. Maybe I'm an eejit! :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Listening to Damien Rice before bed may not be my finest idea, but its got me writing again. Rootless Tree is a wonderfully emotive song...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

hattoncracker, it's so shiny!!

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    hattoncracker, it's so shiny!!

I know!! And it's super shiny inside! :D I wish I could post pics from my phone! It's really tiny and super easy for parking. My old one was loved a lot, but giving so much bother.

I am a learner, and couldn't get finance to buy second-hand, only new. But my insurance only went up €17 and I get a guaranteed trade in value, so in 3 years I'm hoping to have saved up enough to trade this baby in and get my dream car... A beetle. :o

The guy in the garage was so nice and patient, I spoke to a guy before him who couldn't give a fook, so it was nice to get someone lovely, and also, free GPS and air con..

I'm from up North, living in Munster for like ten months. I get lost all the time down here and haven't been driving very long, and find driving daunting at the best of times, never mind in areas I don't know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I am a learner, and couldn't get finance to buy second-hand, only new.

Yay on the new car! But this I don't get.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Checks PM's - not me either :( Hopefully they will PM u back soon!!

Watching that Psychic thingy on TV3 - pmsl at some of it tbh!
    coco_lola wrote: »
    *checks PMs*

whew wasnt me! I am a disaster at replying to PMs though so wouldnt be surprised if someone said that about me! I forget to reply all the time! And for some strange reason I dont get a new PM notification anymore :( so they can go unnoticed for days!

Well guess what i was talking about ye too :eek: :mad:

Ah i was kidding around,trying to cheer janeypoo (kiera's name for her :-P) UP

Lia_lia wrote: »

I am a learner, and couldn't get finance to buy second-hand, only new.

Yay on the new car! But this I don't get.

My wonderful bank said (a): they don't give car finance out for second hand cars anymore, only new, and (b): even if they did I wouldn't get it because I now earn less than 30k, they don't even give out overdrafts. This is despite me having loans and never missed a payment with them, always clearing them early.

He sent me out to the vw bank.. And I got free tax for the year, and a brand new car that will cost me €200 in total interest over 3 years.. They've this new finance thing to make cars affordable, which works out v cheap, and I can trade it in after 3 years and have a guaranteed value on it.. It's how they operate to get custom in Germany, and theyre piloting it here with the Up!

I got a pretty sweet deal and I'm delighted.. But I'll never go through my bank for anything again. I've opened a credit union account and thats where my savings are going from now on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Gaawwwwd ill get back you eventually keep your knickers on!! :P

but seriously i hope they get back to you :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hurry up *checks calendar* it's been a year :-P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

*Hugs* for almostnever. Hope you're okay. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Keep it and it will be another year!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

From Damien Rice to Ed Sheeran covering Adele... really do wonder where my mind starts going at this hour!

I want cuddles :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Whoop, have awoken in the happiest mood. (after a week of falling out of the wrong side of the bed)

No idea why because by rights I should be dead on my feet but just realized I was walking around smiling.

Even though, it's Sunday and I'm working outside in this miserable weather Yay for random happy moods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Unreal craving for a chicken fillet roll. If someone gets me one, ill be their best friend FOREVER. True story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement