Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

coco_lola wrote: »
    Eww! I need help! It looks like we might have moths in our house :( I think I found some cocoons in the corner of my room, and my housemates room... Anyone know how to get rid of them?!

They like the dark so clear out wardrobes etc, shake clothes out in the sunshine (if you can find any) and vacuum all over (skirting boards and such deserve extra attention). Chuck out the vacuum cleaner bag after too so they don't hatch in there.

We had an infestation in a couple of woolen rugs that were stored in the attic. Had to dump the rugs, there were patches eaten bare!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jeez I really hope she's okay. Does anyone know her IRL?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Jeez I really hope she's okay. Does anyone know her IRL?

I'm friends with her on Facebook. I'm gonna send her a message now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I think there's a boardsie that's in Australia that's friends with her (hope I'm not getting anyone mixed up), can't think of her username though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Its a pity to see so many people leaving :( Hopefully they'll be back soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

This is not aimed at TLL in specifics but as to why folk are closing accounts:
    It's because sometimes the aggression directed at a poster during a 'debate' can be too much, it's because sometimes a forum can become too cliquey and the poster can feel isolated where once they felt welcome, and other times because sometimes the poster realises that posting has become too personal/all consuming and they need to back away off that for awhile.
    I know there are those that will argue it's just the internet and computers and all that but sometimes the opinions of strangers are worse. It's why I don't post as frequently in particular forums, and more in others. It's a pity, but there it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Novella wrote: »
    almostnever has closed her account too. :(:(:(

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

almostnever closed her account??

nooooo :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

WHATTT???

I think there's a boardsie that's in Australia that's friends with her (hope I'm not getting anyone mixed up), can't think of her username though

akamossy is the poster in Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Jessibelle wrote: »
    This is not aimed at TLL in specifics but as to why folk are closing accounts:
    It's because sometimes the aggression directed at a poster during a 'debate' can be too much, it's because sometimes a forum can become too cliquey and the poster can feel isolated where once they felt welcome, and other times because sometimes the poster realises that posting has become too personal/all consuming and they need to back away off that for awhile.
    I know there are those that will argue it's just the internet and computers and all that but sometimes the opinions of strangers are worse. It's why I don't post as frequently in particular forums, and more in others. It's a pity, but there it is.
    Good point Jessibelle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

WTF?? :eek::(

I know people don't like the dramatic exit posts, but I wish people would give us a chance to say bye and stuff :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I don't get why people close their accounts. Just stop posting, or stop posting in a particular forum. Always seems a tad dramatic to me tbh unless you're being stalked or something like that.

People might think I'm being harsh but meh, don't see the point in going to the bother of closing your account at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Noooooooooooooooooooo! She's frigging awesome :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I don't get why people close their accounts. Just stop posting, or stop posting in a particular forum. Always seems a tad dramatic to me tbh unless you're being stalked or something like that.

People might think I'm being harsh but meh, don't see the point in going to the bother of closing your account at all.

I get what you're saying and I feel pretty much the same about it but to be fair a lot of the time we don't actually know why people are closing their accounts so maybe there are more serious reasons (like stalking) behind them closing their accounts.

Hope almostnever hasn't closed her account over that post about her buddy, hope everything is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I tried to just stop posting on baords, lasted a week :pac: I can see why people do it, I dont mind when people say they're leaving and just a goodbye to people as some posters may want to be contactable outside boards (I know, there's stuff outside here, I went there once its scary) I talk to boardsies in real life or via pm so if they were leaving and gave a heads up wouldn bother me at all, the "screw you guys I'm going home" dramatic leaving posts are silly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

See I guess you can't really win! :o

If you leave a goodbye post, people will say you're being dramatic. If you're a regular poster and you just close your account without warning, people will be worried about you.

I reckon, rather than closing my account, I'd just change my password to something random that I wouldn't remember, I doubt anyone would notice I'd stopped posting!

I really don't like the whole Closed Account feature, at all. :( I know it's legally necessary, though. But I wish you could do it with a one week cooling-off period, or something.

I'd notice if you stopped posting, chatterpillar! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

krudler wrote: »
    I tried to just stop posting on baords, lasted a week :pac: I can see why people do it, I dont mind when people say they're leaving and just a goodbye to people as some posters may want to be contactable outside boards (I know, there's stuff outside here, I went there once its scary) I talk to boardsies in real life or via pm so if they were leaving and gave a heads up wouldn bother me at all, the "screw you guys I'm going home" dramatic leaving posts are silly though.

I managed to stop posting for about 10 days - was so busy so didn't make any difference to me, but now that I'm at home, doing nothing, I think I would go crazy not having boards and the internet!

I agree with all of your post though!

There should be a suspension option I think, kind of like facebook and twitter - if I stopped on facebook, which I did a couple of times, suspended my account, only on there for the games tbh!

chatterpillar, who is that? :confused: :pac:

Haha that wasn't a desperate "NOTICE ME!!!" post ... but thanks! :o

What I meant was, you'll notice a lot more if a regular poster suddenly has Closed Account under their name - because, if they post regularly, older threads will often pop up again.

Whereas, if you just stop posting, people will assume you're just taking a break. And I think I'd prefer it that way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

sillymoo wrote: »
    Yup.
    What?

I want jellies. And cuddles from my bf.

I want jellies. And cuddles from my bf.

Me too.

Mostly the cuddles. :o

Edit: Should probably clarify - I want cuddles from my boyfriend. Not yours! :P :D

Haha that wasn't a desperate "NOTICE ME!!!" post ... but thanks! :o

What I meant was, you'll notice a lot more if a regular poster suddenly has Closed Account under their name - because, if they post regularly, older threads will often pop up again.

Whereas, if you just stop posting, people will assume you're just taking a break. And I think I'd prefer it that way!

Haha aw, I didn't think you were digging for a compliment but I would miss your posts around 'cause you're a regular poster and I'd miss any of the regulars! :)

I can't imagine I'll ever close my account 'cause it seems way too final for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Has anyone heard from Javagal? Has she has her baby yet?

Hope all is going well with her!

nothing Will move her!nothing!

i have christened her snorlax baby.

had contractions earlier on for like an hour,then they stopped.
    so i ate two crunchies

javagal wrote: »
    so i ate two crunchies

Good call :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Me too.

Mostly the cuddles. :o

Edit: Should probably clarify - I want cuddles from my boyfriend. Not yours! :P :D
    :pac: :pac: :pac:

so i ate two crunchies
    Lol she sounds like my cousins baby, also a girl.

Think my cousin went two or three weeks overdue with her lol :D

Best of luck, hope she comes soon for you :)

Aw, I need to find a person to cuddle with.

To clarify : Who is not completely insane, for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I have been thinking about closing my account recently, because I am becoming more identifiable in my posts... But I think I'd miss it too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Think my cousin went two or three weeks overdue with her lol :D

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

so i ate two crunchies

If it's any consolation, my friends babies head has been engaged for 5 weeks and she's not actually due for another two or so. Poor girl is going insane. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement