Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone/iPad - VPN via "Hide My Ass"

• 10-06-2012 11:10pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Trying to set up VPN via "Hide My Ass" I have the program installed on the Mac and Im trying to set up PPTP on my iPhone/ipad but its not working.

I use the following settings for PPTP:

Description.. Random name
    Server.. IP of server
    Account.. myusername
    RSA SecurID.. OFF
    Password.. my password
    Encryption Level.. Auto
    Send All Traffic.. ON
    Proxy.. OFF

However when I save and then switch on VPN I get the following message:
    The PPTP-VPN server did not respond. Try reconnecting. If the problem continues, verify your settings etc

Anyone know how to set it up properly?

Im on OSX Lion and latest iOS software. Do i need to change my router settings?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

To state the obvious, did you make sure server is up?
    Try "Encryption Level" to maximum, not auto.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

biko wrote: »
    To state the obvious, did you make sure server is up?
    Try "Encryption Level" to maximum, not auto.

Cheers Biko. Yeah I've tried that an tried multiple servers. Someone said I might need to make changes to my router but according to the HMA website my UPC netgear router isn't compatible. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jackalvano

faceman wrote: »
    Trying to set up VPN via "Hide My Ass" I have the program installed on the Mac and Im trying to set up PPTP on my iPhone/ipad but its not working.

I use the following settings for PPTP:

Description.. Random name
    Server.. IP of server
    Account.. myusername
    RSA SecurID.. OFF
    Password.. my password
    Encryption Level.. Auto
    Send All Traffic.. ON
    Proxy.. OFF

However when I save and then switch on VPN I get the following message:
    The PPTP-VPN server did not respond. Try reconnecting. If the problem continues, verify your settings etc

Anyone know how to set it up properly?

Im on OSX Lion and latest iOS software. Do i need to change my router settings?

i got the right configurations from here this blog bestvpn
    Server
    = pptp.vpnprovider.com (it will be provided by your VPN provider)
    Account = Username (it will be your ‘username’ e.g. “MarkiMark”)
    RSA Secure ID = Keep it off
    Encryption = Keep it on Auto
    Password = Enter your password here being provided by your VPN provider e.g. XXXXXXXX icon_smile.gif
    Send all Traffic = Keep it ON

i had the same issue and tricked it with these steps and here is the link for whole settings, thankscool.gif
    http://www.bestvpnservice.com/blog/how-to-connect-to-a-vpn-on-ipad-2

Advertisement