Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perspex for shed/playhouse windows

• 10-06-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get some thick perspex or something like it, cut to size for a wooden shed windows? I'd prefer not to use glass because of the kids playing football etc near it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

I got some at B&Q previously.
    You might get an offcut of it there - some of it might be broken off but the remainder might suit you size wise.
    They can cut it there if you ask them.
    If you are cutting it yourself be careful as it is springy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Wickes are also good and a bit cheaper than B&Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

You might be better off trying to source polycarbonate. Perspex isn't a whole lot stronger than glass in my experience, it will crack if it gets hit with a ball. Polycarbonate is strong and flexible enough to bend back on itself without breaking. Perspex will also scratch like crazy if you try and clean it, and will discolour over time.

Where to find polycarbonate locally is another matter, I haven't been able to find any in the DIY chains. McMahons or Heiton Buckleys could have some.

Advertisement