Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway or Dublin?

Options
  • 11-06-2012 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey chaps.

So I'm doing the Leaving at the moment and am still trying to decide where I'd like to go next year. I had my heart set on Dublin for a while, but recently I've begun to change my mind. It has some courses that sound great, but I'm wondering if the area/atmosphere is good, or is it just a load of drunk scumbags (I know the majority of Dublin are lovely people, but you know what I mean). A few people are telling me that Galway is a lovely place and quiet arty, but if I went there I'd be doing Arts in NUIG because it has no other courses that interest me. I guess I'm just looking for peoples opinions, Dublin with a course I'm interested in, or Galway with a course which I wouldn't mind doing?

Cheers!

Comments

JackSFG wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the area/atmosphere is good, or is it just a load of drunk scumbags (I know the majority of Dublin are lovely people, but you know what I mean)!

To be honest, I don't know what you mean. If you know that the majority of Dublin are lovely people, then how could you also be worried that the place is "just a load of drunk scumbags"?

My advice is to do the course that interests you, unless you think there is a major difference in location. It's 3/4 years of hard work, and you wont get through it if you don't enjoy it. I personally wouldn't deem there to be a major difference in location, but then again, I'm from Dublin so I might be biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JackSFG

I didn't mean that I thought Dublin was a load of scumbags, I meant that in regards to the student night life. I mean, if you go out for the night, are you going to get started on 46 times and get a slap for not giving someone a euro or a cheese string.

And cheers for the advice, I live in neither so I'm just trying to find the right place.

Advertisement