Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The gift that keeps on giving...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

dublinlady wrote: »
    So not arsed loose the last 7lbs weight I mite just have to have another baby to put it off for another yr.... ;)

Lol that's exactly what I did after having R :D thought there was no point depriving myself of treats when I'd be getting fat when pregnant anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

dublinlady wrote: »
    Every time I have too big a meal my tummy muscles are crap and so I look like I'm 5 months pregnant again..!

So not arsed loose the last 7lbs weight I mite just have to have another baby to put it off for another yr.... ;)

I'm on a nagging mission here - watch those tummy muscles! I ended up with pelvic girdle pain on my second and twas torture. Physio said lack of toning/strengthening between 1 and 2 had something to do with it and I'm convinced it was the main cause. I breastfed number 1 and the weight fell off me, so lazy sod that I am decided I didn't need to do any exercise before I got pregnant less than 2 years later with number 2 :rolleyes:
    Yoga + Pilates here I come.... next week ;)
    pwurple wrote: »
    The gift that keeps on giving indeed. I thought I had not been doing my pelvic floor exercises right or something, but no, scans confirmed, prolapsed bladder from the pregnancy. Blast anyway. Not the sexiest thing ever... :(

Oh god pwurple :eek: You poor thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

So sorry to hear that pwurple!! Don't give up though, if you're not sure you're doing the exercises right, go to a postnatal class (i know a brilliant one, pm me if you're interested) and keep doing them, it will definitely help in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Naw I've been doing them right, I've good muscle tone down there apparantly. hah!

Just damage from the pregnancy. Baba must have been putting savage pressure on the bladder to push it into the wrong area. In fairness, those scanners they have are great, you can see every movement of the muscle. I'm happy to know what it is anyway. It's a bit of pain and stress incontenence. People get on fine with much worse, and at least it's not visible like when the hair was going beserk. All back to normal on the top of my noggin, hurray!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Ah having the eyesight problem too, but thought it was tiredness, maybe it is.. My lil woman 2 months and havent noticed any hair loss yet. Will i after this long. Have even had a hair cut since having her. As for the memory loss have got in the shower and put body wash in my hair (wonder is this why i havent experienced hair loss), gone to the shop for milk and forgot to go into the shop and just went for a walk. The list continues, funny enough i cant remember anymore at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Suucee, congrats on the new baby! My hair loss started 3 months after the birth, I kept losing it until about 6 months, and then it started growing back again. It grows back in a weird way though, you get this kindof double fringe.

Well... not what you guys want to hear but I can't wait to lose my hair! It's curly and super thick normally so now it looks even thicker and jungle-like! unmanageable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

lounakin wrote: »
    Well... not what you guys want to hear but I can't wait to lose my hair! It's curly and super thick normally so now it looks even thicker and jungle-like! unmanageable

Don't say that - mine was like that - BUT it doesn't fall out evenly!!!! So I have two patches at the front bald and still thick in other patches!!!!

Oh really! Wow... I still think I'll hardly notice as I have so much hair, not just thick. I actually cut off at least 5/6 inches off (it's really long) the bottom and random strands all over my hair to make it less thick (I cut it myself) and it's not even noticeable.

Succee my hair loss only started in the past week & coincided with my first period since pregnancy so possibly linked?
    I too thought I'd dodged the hairloss bullet but no such luck!

Like Lounakin my hair is really thick too, but I'm scared to get it thinned out just yet in case I lose loads too & end up too thin.
    I got a 12 week blowdry & it's helping to tame it somewhat.

I feel like such a moan though complaining about hair loss when some of ye have suffered prolapsed bladders & worse :eek:

On the memory loss, I managed to do the weeks shopping (with 2 kids in tow) & forgot to buy nappies :o
    Didn't forget chocolate for their hormental mother ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Still don't have my period back and shes over 19 weeks... Stopped breastfeeding at 13 weeks! Wish it would come! Although better not lose more hair then or I'll be totally bald!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Havent got my periods back either my lil woman 9 weeks and is bottle fed. My hair also very thick and got a hair cut few weeks ago and got it thinned and layered kinda regretting that now.

Fair dues to you cap doing the shopping with 2 kids in tow. i have only 1 and only gone shopping once. tesco home delivery has been a god send.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I don't know if it's any help but i seriously upped my natural iron in take not long after my hairloss started and it didnt' get as bad as the last 2 times before.. lots and lots of spinach and the like and it certainly seemed to help.. maybe an iron supplement might help.. they do say that iron deficiency can contribute to hairloss.. (i found this out when i was in LA in january where the know EVERYTHING about health :D) on the up side and yes i'm boasting again I've lost 20lbs in 6 weeks and 15 inches from my bust under bust waist and hips :eek: (i'm not sorry for boasting i have 4 baby fats to lose :eek: :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

That's an amazing amount of weight lost Cbyrd, you must be chuffed!!!
    I've only lost 4lbs in 12 weeks, really didn't think the weight would be so hard to shift, how naive was I!!

I put on 35 pounds during my pregnancy and lost 24 pounds in 4 day! But now it's 6 weeks and I haven't lose a single gram since! I'm not too worried though as I am breastfeeding and need some strength. But the first 4 days I was eating all day and night, drinking litres and litres of water and still felt famished and parched.

cbyrd wrote: »
    I don't know if it's any help but i seriously upped my natural iron in take not long after my hairloss started and it didnt' get as bad as the last 2 times before.. lots and lots of spinach and the like and it certainly seemed to help.. maybe an iron supplement might help.. they do say that iron deficiency can contribute to hairloss.. (i found this out when i was in LA in january where the know EVERYTHING about health :D) on the up side and yes i'm boasting again I've lost 20lbs in 6 weeks and 15 inches from my bust under bust waist and hips :eek: (i'm not sorry for boasting i have 4 baby fats to lose :eek: :D )

That is some phenomenal weight loss, fair play! Dying to see pics, your clothes must be hanging off you!

I refuse to have a weighing scales in the house so I don't know what I gained/lost to date, I'm going by what clothes fit.
    Until a certain 2 pairs of my jeans fit, I'll know I'm still chubby!

You're right not to weigh yourself, it doesn't mean anything! When I saw I was losing so much I reached for those jeans and they didn't fit at all! Minus 24 pounds and I still have to wear maternity clothes! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Well I finally went and had my eyes tested yesterday...I'm slightly shirt sighted. She said its funny people don't normally become short sighted. She asked if I had gestational diabetes and I said yes! She said usually short sightedness that comes on in later life is due to a blood sugar surge!

Advertisement