Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Warmer Ireland

• 11-06-2012 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

So,if we had a warmer climate for most of the year what would be the benefits?

Im against warmer climes as we would have an influx of larger,crawly flying things:mad:

I think we are quite lucky living in a country where we dont have the extremes that others have to deal with.

The amount of skin on show would be another negative.Over here we dont really have a healthy,fitness attitude to life,so the bodies on show are pretty brutal:p

Skin cancer would go through the roof.

Any other ideas why we should be happy with what we have and not crave Cali weather?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Ice melts quicker in warm weather. Also ducks can overheat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Milk goes off quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Well I wouldn't be looking for really warm weather but just drier. Sure, this climate isn't extreme but it's pretty ****ing wet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

cesc77 wrote: »

Semi bikini clad chicks. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

Why would skin cancer go through the roof?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

We would look less like a nation that has been dipped in white paint.

More wimmims wearing sun dresses too, thank fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Id get to wear dresses and shorts!

I only get them out when im going on holiday!

the dresses and shorts ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Because the stats on it would be made by the same wonky scientists that the statement came from- tidy.

Wonky science= Wonky Stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

thered be no more bridie... "every bit of land we have is covered"... so i hope ireland never gets any warmer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

flanum wrote: »
    thered be no more bridie... "every bit of land we have is covered"... so i hope ireland never gets any warmer!

She has the most irritating voice Ive ever heard in my life...

• Advertisement

seriously, without the crappy weather.. the irish would be fooked for conversations/songs/art/poetry etc etc
    its a part of what makes us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Pale skin.

Sunshine.

Irish.

Common sense.

FFS:pac:

Australia has always(ish)been warm yet they are constantly trying to get their people to cover up in order to combat the risk of skin cancer

Rocket science
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The amount of skin on show would be another negative.Over here we dont really have a healthy,fitness attitude to life,so the bodies on show are pretty brutal:p

Honestly you can put that down to the bad weather. I've enjoyed running while we had a little fine weather.
    Rain and bleak, grey misery everyday doesn't encourage outdoor pursuits, and if the weather was good more people would want to show themselves off, which would be added encouragment to lead healthier lifestyles or at least retain a respectable shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Shryke wrote: »
    Honestly you can put that down to the bad weather. I've enjoyed running while we had a little fine weather.
    Rain and bleak, grey misery everyday doesn't encourage outdoor pursuits, and if the weather was good more people would want to show themselves off, which would be added encouragment to lead healthier lifestyles or at least retain a respectable shape.
    That, and its bollocks. Go out on any given Saturday night and the jaw will be dropping off you.

Shryke wrote: »
    if the weather was good more people would want to show themselves off, which would be added encouragment to lead healthier lifestyles or at least retain a respectable shape.

in reality a lot more outdoors drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Apparently the emphasis on skin protection in Australia has gone too far and there is quite a problem with vitamin D depletion.

in reality a lot more outdoors drinking.

That's a novelty in fairness and not that much alcohol gets consumed in the sun when compared to nights out - that's where the real binging happens.
    If we had better weather year round you wouldn't see quite so much drinking outside as it wouldn't be such a freaking big deal.
    I had a good time having a few beers outside too. I wasn't falling around the place or drinking excessively and no one else was save the same handful of tramps you'd get anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

seriously, without the crappy weather.. the irish would be fooked for conversations/songs/art/poetry etc etc
    its a part of what makes us.

'' T'was a soft day alright ,to be sure '' .

(translated to Americana speak )

'' Wow ...real humdinger of a day out there boy ''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Skin cancer would go through the roof.

Overall, some extra sunshine would be better for our health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

sure houses will have no water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I would like more snow in Ireland... Its a shame places like Turkey which are wayy more south get plenty of snow while here we barely get any...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    That, and its bollocks. Go out on any given Saturday night and the jaw will be dropping off you.

I never get these comments here on Boards. The amount of girls I know who are real hot is crazy. I'm not being mean but I reckon its the type of girls the type of user on Boards hangs around with is the reason for this view of Irish women on here.

I think you should go off and listen to Justin beiber with your kiddy friends and not insult friends of people you don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Lads I'm in Jamaica right now and its a roasting hot 32 degrees and it is fcuking beautiful here. Much nicer than crappy Ireland :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Wattle wrote: »
    Lads I'm in Jamaica right now and its a roasting hot 32 degrees and it is fcuking beautiful here. Much nicer than crappy Ireland :)

GTFO:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

Pale skin.

Sunshine.

Irish.

Common sense.

FFS:pac:

Australia has always(ish)been warm yet they are constantly trying to get their people to cover up in order to combat the risk of skin cancer

Rocket science
    >
    Their native people are black..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

rKossi wrote: »
    Their native people are black..

Theres always one:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Milk goes off quicker.

Best kept in the fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There is no if.

We have a measurably warmer and wetter climate.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0531/1224316989477.html
    IRELAND’S AVERAGE temperatures have risen by 0.75 degrees over the last two decades, new Met Éireann figures indicate.

The rise has been described as “significant” and in line with projections of a 3-6 degree increase in world temperatures by the end of the century.
    The Irish climate is also getting wetter. Valentia Observatory in Co Kerry recorded the equivalent of a month’s extra rainfall in the 30-year period between 1981 and 2010 compared to the equivalent period between 1961 and 1990.

The west of Ireland is on average 8 per cent wetter than it was in the previous 30-year period.

It will come as no surprise, given the wet summers of recent years, that the average increase in rainfall in July across the country is 15 per cent, a figure which Met Éireann senior climatologist Séamus Walsh described as the “most surprising” of all to emerge from the new data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lifelongnoob

Milk goes off quicker.

during warm spells i switch to skimmed milk.... it keeps much longer than low fat or full fat milk does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Girls would wear less fake tan. That's a bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

policarp wrote: »
    Semi bikini clad chicks. . .

You say it like thats a good thing, this ain't Poznan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

genuinely hilarious, best minute i've had in ages :pac:

Advertisement