Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junkies

12345679»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    The ignorance in this thread is fúcking disgusting. "kill them all, they're basically already dead" "They're what's wrong with society" the same kind of shít is being said over and over again. The majority of you people have probably never sat down and talked to a heroin addict in your life have you? Well they live a fúcking daily struggle every day that you people couldnt even bare to imagine.

2 of my uncles were heroin addicts and both died of overdoses. 1 of them was my fathers best friend, he's gone and it nearly destroyed my father to see him go. All you ignorant fúcks sit there and think you know what's right. "just kill them all". yeah think of the addicts families that have to stand by and watch their family members destroy themselves. Next time fúcking think about what you people say before wishing death upon drug addicts.

Spare your righteous indignation.Did the heroin addicts you knew break into peoples property stealing to fund their habits, harass people on the streets, terrorise people struggling to run a business, purchase heroin off dealers supporting widespread criminality such as the murder of Veronica Guerin?

If you can answer yes to those, then maybe you'll understand peoples outrage at the soft approach currently in operation for junkies and realise that it's not just the family who suffer at the hands of scumbags who have no respect for the law or anyone but themselves.

Junkies who overdose themselves do society a huge favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Odysseus wrote: »
    I can hear all the "my taxes" fcukers almost having a heart attack at that.

How many heroin users get clean and lead normal lives?

One, two per cent?

So yeah. Its a waste of cash. Throwing good money after bad. The whole way the state tackles the junkie problem needs to be addressed and changed.

Cause its not working too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

IrishAm wrote: »
    How many heroin users get clean and lead normal lives?

One, two per cent?

So yeah. Its a waste of cash. Throwing good money after bad. The whole way the state tackles the junkie problem needs to be addressed and changed.

Cause its not working too well.

There is no correct stats available, but as I know a few projects where 100s get and stay clean each year an educated guess is it is higher. A 4 year follow up study is due to start soon, but that is a long time to wait. Once they are clean they are not on your radar so you don't see them.

But at a guess there are over 50 NA meeting a week in Dublin a lot of people get clean that way. So there are a lot of people in recovery out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Right, think we've enough of this.

Every word of every post will be read. If trolling is found you will be banned.

Adjust posts accordantly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement