Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back injury at work

• 11-06-2012 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi new here so apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section.

I injured my back over a month ago lifting items weighing 40 kgs a piece with no lifting aids even though they are available to buy or rent though it would make the job longer to do.

I have been off work 2 weeks now and will have to go for a scan this week to see what the damage is.

I am fairly active and this has affected me a great deal as I cant do a thing due to the pain.

My question are as follows

Would I have a case against my employer with the Injuries Board?

Would I be victimised for taking such a case?

If I was awarded compensation does the money come from the company coffers or the Insurance co.?

If this is a long term injury where would I stand with my mortgage provider, utility companies going into arrears etc?

What affect would this have on my credit rating if I went into arrears as a result?

Has anybody had a similar experience with a back injury at work? what was the compensation like? was there another role provided for you within the company? where you victimised as a result?

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Would you contact a solicitor please.

Charter in place. Sorry for your troubles but your thread is inappropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

I'd agree with Tom... much of this would be classified as legal advice.

Anything else could be anecdotal regarding victimisation, credit rating, etc.

Each and every injury case is unique and has its own merits.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, hopefully they pass soon. I know your pain

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement