Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mostly Tennis

Options
  • 11-06-2012 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Sparse bets, plenty of time between them, none of the the pressures or
    risks of a challenge.

Generally boring .All sports tried, hopefully exploited (i can dream).
    Bet365 mainly cause of the markets but also Betfair at later stage.

Initially making pretty obvious bets, then maybe mix with more gut orientated. I'm gonna make mistakes but at least I can take time and regroup here.
    Starting with a clean slate my only target really is try and use this log sensibly to hopefully help pay off some of the everyday stuff like car tax, esb, dd's and so on etc etc.This is a great motivation for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Bet 1

Monday 11th June

Ruben Bemelmans tb Malek Jaziri @2/5 Queens ATP
    Sweden +1 hcap v Ukraine @ 4/9 Euro 2012

Double, around Evens Stake €50

Bemelmans is a usefull player who's been in the UK a week now playing a grass ITF event .He's beaten two usefull enough players in that time before being edged out by Becker in 3 sets in his 3rd match.
    The other fella is also decent player imo but this is his first match on grass this year and there is no evidence he can adapt to this surface in time to beat Bemelmans as the odds suggest.

Sweden aren't the best but neither are Ukraine, I can't call this match but I am inclined to take the visitors with a goal start.It might take Ukraine a match or two to find their feet in this tournament.

Balance -€50

Not an ideal start.

Bet 2

Tuesday 12th June

Istomin tb De Schepper@ 1/3 Queens ATP
    Tursunov tb Sweeting @1/3 Queens ATP
    Benesova tb Tara Moore @ 2/11 Birmingham WTA

Treble, Around Evs Stake €50

I think all three players win these games comfortably in straight sets. Grass is a great surface for them.
    At the moment though, understandably, I prefer to take the normal match odds and concentrate on just getting back to par.

Balance -€100

Nightmareish when even the 2/11 shots get beaten.Just not happening so far.

Bet 3

14th June

WTA Birmingham

Z Zheng tb Andrea Hlavackova @4/6
    M Oudin tb E Vensina@ Evs

Double , around 9/4 Stake €50

Women's tennis not that good for betting generally,really hard to know what you gonna get.Don't see much point in doing the write-up here cause I couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo right now.

Balance -€150

• Advertisement

Bet 4

14th June

Ireland v Spain Euro 2012

Ireland over 2.5 corners @ 5/4

Single , Stake €16.67

I can't help think that Ireland's solitary corner against Croatia is the reason the mark is so low here.Ireland usually get more than that.

Although Spain will dominate for 90 mins ,Trap knows Ireland can score if they get corners and whoever is on the wings will prob be instructed to get them by hook or by crook.

Despite Spain's possession I think Ireland should be able to manage more than two corners in this match.
    Either way it's prob worth a try.

Balance €0.00

No .
    Ireland doubled their corner tally from the Croatian match and achieved 2 corners. 3 corners won from 2 matches. Must be a Guinness world record.

Log back to par with a zero balance after a truly woeful start I guess I can't complain too much really.

Bet 5

Sun 17th June

Queens ATP

Nalbandian tb Cillic @ Evs

Single, Stake €50

I don't get to watch much tennis unless it's on the terrestrial channels but this dude is prob my favorite player.
    Despite having had to play two long 3 set matches in 5 hours yesterday and another match today he still has the edge on Cillic imo.

For me tiredness is the only issue (he's on the wrong side of 30).
    He looks back to his best in this tournament and his best is better that Cillic.
    Savage forehand Nalby can break any player's serve at will and he will need to do that early against Cillic to avoid a long game.

Balance -€50

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18479244

It's just one of those things that happen from time to time.There's no point moaning about it ,the only fact that really matters is that the bookies paid out on Cilic.
    This is what's referred to as a bad beat I guess.

• Advertisement

Bet 6

Sun 17th June

Euro 2012

Holland to qualify from group B

Single , Stake €10

I just think that overall , although Holland are overrated I feel they have been unlucky in this tournament so far. I think Robin is a birdbrain but they have enough goof players to win by a two goal margin against Portugal and Germany may well do them s favour against Denmark.
    It's a small stake so either way it's not going to dramatically effect the log if it's a loser.

Balance -€60

Bet 7

18th &19th June

ATP Hertogenbosch & WTA Eatbourne

10/11
    Ito tb Marton Fucsovics 2-0 @ 6/5
    Roger Vasselin tb Bogomolov @ 2/5

Treble, Stake €40

I guess I just fancied a treble. Hsieh Su-wei is a Chinese tpe player with eye catching results lately,Pavlyuchenkova is just starting her grass season which isn't ideal against a player like this and I'm gambling she's slow off the blocks.
    That game is tomorrow.
    Ito is playing well,he is up against some Hungarian dude I've never heard of but results suggest he's only beaten and played challenger players recently. Ito has been playing and beating top 30 players at Queens. 6/5 for straight sets win is a decent gamble.
    Roger Vasselin I think has the beating of Bogomolov or at least he should have on recent form.

Balance -€100

nope

Bet 8

Eastbourne ATP & WTA outrights

Andreas Seppi @ 7/1
    Angelique Kerber @ 4/1

Double, Stake €10

Trying to match tennis outrights my favourite weakness outside of the scoop 6 .
    Sometimes they work more often they don't and a player can get knocked out the very next match.
    These two players have as good a chance as anyone in the Eastbourne draw I think this year so I'll put them together at a small stake.

Balance -€110

Bet 9

20th June

Wimbledon men & Women's qualifications

Jesse Levine tb Wayne Odoesnik @ 4/9
    Simone Bolelli tb Maxime Authom @ 2/5
    Alison Riske tb Yurika Sema @ 2/7
    Masaki Doi tb Madison Keys 4/9

Acca around 9/5 , Stake €40

Couple of odds- on players most of them have form on grass especially Simone Bolelli who got to rd 3 last year at Wimby.
    Bad luck has prevented these accas from materialising in the past. I'm pretty sure nobody's luck is rotten for that long, it's just really hard to see how any of these four players cannot progress to the next qual round.However upsets happen in this sport I guess when you just can't see them.

Balance -€150

Bet 8 - no
    Bet 9 - no

Balance €-150

Bet 10

Sun 24th June

Euro 2012 Italy v England QF (Bet365 free in- play
    matched stake offer)

Italy to Progress @ Evs

Stake €50

This is the Bet365 offer where by betting on this match you automatically get a free(up to €50) Bet on any in-play market .I think the odds have to be above 4/6 or thereabouts (I'll check this out before the match).
    I'm going to make this free in-play bet at halftime in this log once I see how things are going.I'm sure most people are going to do this offer.Bet 365 don't do many match offers so if they come along I guess you have to try and make the most if them.

It's of no advantage unless you get both pre-match and in-play bets right in my opinion but at least if the pre match bet looses you have a chance to make it back.

Balance-€200

Bet 10 (Part b)

Impossible to tell the outcome of this match.
    0-0 start of second half I've gone for.

Italy v England half time
    No goal scorer(in 90 mins) @ 2/1

Stake €50 (Free bet)

Balance - €200

2012-06-24205338.jpg

Bet 10(a)
    2012-06-24223033.jpg

Bet 10(b)
    2012-06-24223208.jpg

For integrity of this log I guess I have to include these receipts as they were part of a special offer.
    You can do screen shots using an add-on called screen cut on the dolphin android browser.

10 Bet review

It's been tough. I've won just two bets out of 10 ( bets 3 and 10). I don't win 50- 50's but Italy did win on penalties tonight so maybe I'm due a change in fortune.Maybe I can win a few tie breakers at Wimbledon at this rate.....or maybe not.
    I'm not betting day 1 of Wimbledon cause I have an awfull record in opening days at Grand slams...I've never won a bet on opening day.

Balance €0.00

Bet 11

Wimbledon

Dodig -1.5 games v Rosol @ 5/6
    Andy Murray 3-0 against Davydenko @ 4/11

Double, 6/4 Stake £50

Feel I have to take Dodig after his dogged performance against Tsonga last week . Very Solid. To me Rosol is a clay man mostly .

Andy was 2/5 for straight sets win over Davy 2 days ago but now unfortunately only 4/11.
    I think it's a good 4/11 though as far as 4/11's go.
    Davydenko turns up at Wimbledon every year and gets knocked out in straight sets in the first round. He does this every year no matter who he plays, last year it was Tomic but I don't think it matters who plays him tbf.

Balance -€50

• Advertisement

No.

Bet 12

Wimbledon

Istomin -5.5 games v Andreev @ 5/6
    Radwanska v Vesnina over 19.5 games @ 5/6

Double , Stake €50

Balance -€100

Nope.
    Little bit like when you need to be somewhere but you can't find your car keys.You kinda know what to do when you get there but it's not really relevant cause your still stuck in the house with no keys.
    I think my log is stuck between the handbrake and reverse, the challenge atm is getting into neutral.I think I can forget about first gear.
    Haven't actually been able to get into positive figures so I haven't been able to implement an actual strategy.

The only plus I guess is that if you can't actually make a profit then you can't loose it. - Cartel 'Mikism'- 2012

Bet 13

Euro 2012

Germany -1 hcap v Italy @ 12/5

Stake €50

Risky, but if Germany get one they can probably get more.
    They whave goal scorers and if they click they look a proper team. I'd prefer to see Reus start ahead of Poldolski but I guess that's the manager's choice.

Balance -€150

Can safely say that was a bad call.

Bet 14

Wimbledon outrights

Andy Murray e/w @ 6/1 (Each way odds 1/3)
    Victoria Azarenka e/w @ 61 (Each Way odds 1/2)

€10 Each way Double , Total Stake €20

They're the only players that I think still offer each way value at this stage.Difficult routes both but its a lottery anyway so it's a bet I'd rather do now while I try come up with a method of sorting this balance out.

Balance -€170

Bet 15

Euro 2012

Final

Spain to lift the trophy @ 4/7

Stake €400

I made this bet about 10 mins ago when the odds went back to 4/7 from 8/15.
    I guess its one of those bets you either get away with or you don't. Not getting away with it is end of log.

Balance - €570

Balance +€58.58

Bet 16

Wimbledon

Azarenka tb Ivanovic 2-0 @ 8/11

Stake €58.58

Balance €0.00

• Advertisement

Balance +€101.19

I don't like the look of those matches tomorrow at all.

Advertisement