Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2012: Business (HL) Paper One

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nbarrog

DaleHyland wrote: »
    You added on the car costs for July didn't you? I think it starts in August.

Probably something stupid like that ... won't lose to many marks for that i wouldn't say 3 or 4 probably ... I done all six questions ... Is that OK ...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

nbarrog wrote: »
    Probably something stupid like that ... won't lose to many marks for that i wouldn't say 3 or 4 probably ... I done all six questions ... Is that OK ...

How did you manage to do all 6 in that amount of time? :eek:

Shane15 wrote: »

Flew through Household Budget (REGRET IT NOW) maybe only 10 minutes with just one minor mistake

Flew through Club Account

Question 3 was TOO EASY

Question 5 was rather easy also

Done all this by 11 o'clock and was the last one in the exam centre ... Was about to leave and said whats the point

Then did question 4 pretty easy too ... Letter about 1 page short questions then in (B) were fine

Then had 30 mins left did Q6. Superintndent probably getting really annoyed at this stage only having to look after me for the last hour

Four quick terms, three responsibilities, IT Skills (took me a while) and Gross Wage was easy as pie

Messed up Q1 and Q2 which I am usually good at
    Done really well in Q3-Q6 which I am usually really bad at

Overall delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I got €1029 for the Household Budget I think, I thought it was right because both figures were matching at the end of it, then again, My teacher never told us how to verify the right answer :P

lee3155 wrote: »
    I got €1029 for the Household Budget I think, I thought it was right because both figures were matching at the end of it, then again, My teacher never told us how to verify the right answer :P

You probably made a similar mistake to mine ... Mine balanced but was wrong as did yours ... You more than likely made the same mistake twice and they probably cancelled each other making it balance ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

I did Q. 1,2,5 and 6.

It was easy enough, although I found the short questions hard. I had spare time in the end, about 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LaMwa996

OMFG ALL MY ACCOUNTS BALANCED!!! I have balanced an an account since.....ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Cheerios

LaMwa996 wrote: »
    OMFG ALL MY ACCOUNTS BALANCED!!! I have balanced an an account since.....ever!!

Omg me too! I don't think I've ever actually balanced an account properly (even though I know how to do the questions). I was delighted with myself!

Business was so easy! My second worst subject. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭iliketwixbars

nbarrog wrote: »

Done all this by 11 o'clock and was the last one in the exam centre ... Was about to leave and said whats the point

You were the only one left in the exam centre at 11 o'clock?!...with an hour to go?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭ektec

You were the only one left in the exam centre at 11 o'clock?!...with an hour to go?:eek:

same here! I have been the last one in every exam... 1 one person left in any exam... with 1 hour or over left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Junokevv

I thought it was grand :D All accounts balanced, geetttt innn !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭ektec

I got the budget right ...it balanced.. i also got the trading profit and loss right..how many marks have i got? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 theCRAIG

being honest

Paper I was easy enough..but a challenge...easy marks all round..forget q1 (b) though ;(

Paper II was a bit more challenging..too many accounts i think..and no People AT WORK!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Junokevv

430200 for the capital employed?
    Something like 21495 for club accounts?
    Something like 38940 for Cashflow?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Shane15 wrote: »

It wasn't that long, I did all 6 and left 35 minutes early XD

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ButtonBox

That was easy, thank god! :D
    Did 5 questions, got all of the short ones, and finished with about half an hour to spare. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

Nice paper. Got all six long questions and all short questions done with 20 minutes still to spare. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

Found this paper really easy, answered all 6 long q's + short q's with 45 mins left to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Found this paper really easy, answered all 6 long q's + short q's with 45 mins left to go :)

Did the same myself, found this and paper 2 very straightforward.

rm212 wrote: »
    Did the same myself, found this and paper 2 very straightforward.
    Agreed,
    I could only do 4 of them on paper 2 due to the time restriction on the ledger (had to re-do it from scratch)..but yes. compared to other years, especially short question wise, this was 'piss'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Darn! The answer is 1089, i got 1029 so will I loose much marks?

I still don't know where I went wrong though!

Here's the answers for you guys anyhow:

20p2640.jpg

lee3155 wrote: »
    Darn! The answer is 1089, i got 1029 so will I loose much marks?

I still don't know where I went wrong though!

Here's the answers for you guys anyhow:

20p2640.jpg
    I can't really remember what I got,
    but i don't think i got that, mine still balanced though. :P

Advertisement