Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2012: Business (HL) Paper Two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

Did anyone do question 1? I did it, but kind of messed up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Cheerios

blobcat wrote: »
    Fine except for the fact that I completely forgot how to do a trading profit and loss account! Should have revised it, but I thought I'd have another option. I literally just did sales, carriage inwards and depreciation in the hope that they'd give me some marks.

I forgot how to do one too! I got everything right in the Trading, Profit and Loss Appropriation Account until after the Less Expenses part. I really didn't know what to do with dividends/reserves. Same with balance sheet, didn't know how to what to do after Financed By (or at least I hope it's called that).

Other than that, easy paper. :3

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Cheerios

Balancing the cash flow forecast does not mean you've gotten the correct answer.

:confused: What do you mean? My teacher used to tell me if you balanced it = you got it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hannah_2012

Shane15 wrote: »
    Did anyone do question 1? I did it, but kind of messed up. :(

Yeah, I did.. suppose it was alright til I got to the ledger and trial balance. Ledger was a mess & It didn't balance and I had to rush it. Felt like ripping the paper up. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 K6Y

Anyone else get 38900 for the cash flow forecast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Cheerios wrote: »
    :confused: What do you mean? My teacher used to tell me if you balanced it = you got it right.

He's just being mean.

STAY POSITIVE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

K6Y wrote: »
    Ahoy -hoy correct answer.

K6Y wrote: »

Yeah, I did.

Yeah, I did.

Same.
    :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

iWin1010 wrote: »
    That's what I got!
    I was so happy when it worked out in the exam!!:):):)

YESSSSSSS!!!! Everyone I asked said it didnt work out. Sooooo happy it did

• Advertisement

Those 40 marks in the cash flow will get me a B right ? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

If you got 280/400 that's a B.

DaleHyland wrote: »

Great! Hope I got a B then.

DaleHyland wrote: »

Definitely got it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JCHelp

My story during that exam ...

Messed up Q1 scribbled it all out it was a disaster
    Made a start on Q2 settled the nerves done very well
    Started Question Three bloody was about 5,000 out ... absolutely sick after balancing them easy for 3 years
    Q4: Just made things worse messed up about 5000 out
    Q5: At this stage it was a consolation say i got full marks

One hour left on the clock

Decided to try Question 6: Easy few marks but didn't know what to say O Reilly Ltd might provide as collateral/ security ... I said Delivery Vans/ Equipment

30 mins left on the clock and i decide at the spur of the moment to completely scribble out my final accounts question and started again !!!

Only to find myself 10 euro out :mad: :eek: :confused:

Then 5 minutes left i go through Profit and Loss section to see i added 56,000 and 14,000 to make 70,010 ... do not ask how i got that !!!

Changed it to 70,000 and balanced it at 403, 200

Two minutes left on the clock and i went back to Cash Flow Statement to see another minor mathematical error ... I took away two number instead of adding them leaving the account balanced at 38,900

I would say nearly full marks on that paper

Just looking at the cash flow forecast now. On question (B)(i)State one reason for the expected decrease in Light & Heat payments.
    What did you answer for that? I said that it would be summer so, the days are brighter & warmer therefore the light & heat would decrease. Felt a bit stupid answering that haha. Seemed like a geography exam for a minute. I just couldn't see any other reason on why it would decrease.

Just looking at the cash flow forecast now. On question (B)(i)State one reason for the expected decrease in Light & Heat payments.
    What did you answer for that? I said that it would be summer so, the days are brighter & warmer therefore the light & heat would decrease. Felt a bit stupid answering that haha. Seemed like a geography exam for a minute. I just couldn't see any other reason on why it would decrease.

Yes correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭ektec

Is this ok?

I wrote, the business may have been shut down for a period of time and that they would not be using light and heat..etc? Is that ok ?

ektec wrote: »
    the business may have been shut down for a period of time and that they would not be using light and heat..etc? Is that ok ?

Not that sure tbh. Maybe if it was on summer holidays or something like that. They should accept that though, it technically could be right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭ektec

I know many business' that shut down just because of weather :P I should of gave an example! >:( they didn't ask for an example so it should be right me thinks :D I think I done ok overall, I dream of a B.. budget and trading account balanced!

• Advertisement

ektec wrote: »
    I know many business' that shut down just because of weather :P I should of gave an example! >:( they didn't ask for an example so it should be right me thinks :D I think I done ok overall, I dream of a B.. budget and trading account balanced!

I'd say you would be grand. I tried to avoid the accounting questions, didn't work though. I ended up doing books of first entry. It was grand up until the ledger. I'd say im alright though. In my mocks I got like 6/40 on a ratios question & still somehow got a b.. haha Hopefully I got a B from today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Both papers were so easy, I did all 6 long questions on paper one, left 35 minutes early and did 5 questions on paper 2 and left a whole hour early lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I said that after the firm purchased the building, they may have got insulation work done on the building and, in case, I gave a second reason and said that they decreased usage by reducing the temperature (thermostat) in the building.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

I said since they r gettin a new premises it might be smaller and so less light might not be used. IS THIS RIGHT

Leinsterr wrote: »
    I said since they r gettin a new premises it might be smaller and so less light might not be used. IS THIS RIGHT

They did not get a new premises. They were renting the premises and they then purchased it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

Not too bad.... DIdn't get Q1 or 4 to balance though... Still think I've got an A in business though, so it's all good. :p

The quote about businesses needing to watch selling on credit or they might end up with a severe hair cut almost made me laugh in the middle of the exam. It just sounded so strange. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

Did anyone get the ledger q to balance?
    i was so annoyed mine didnt balance >.<

Did anyone get the ledger q to balance?
    i was so annoyed mine didnt balance >.<

Nope. I checked over it at the end and found two mistakes but they only increased the difference between the two figures. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

OwlYouNeed wrote: »
    Nope. I checked over it at the end and found two mistakes but they only increased the difference between the two figures. :mad:

same.
    i re-did the whole thing twice, after making my examiner walk around to every center for the accounting-type paper :P

• Advertisement

same.
    i re-did the whole thing twice, after making my examiner walk around to every center for the accounting-type paper :P

Lol. :D I had my hand up for over five minutes before taking a "sudden coughing fit" to try and get his attention. He literally stands with his back to us, doing something with papers, I haven't a clue what. :p

Advertisement