Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France v England Match Thread

• 11-06-2012 9:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

t368.png V t114.png

England start their tournament tonight against everybody's favourite team, France.

France could line up as :

Lloris

Debuchy----Mexes----Rami----Evra

Alou Diarra

Cabaye---Malouda

Ribery
    Nasri

Benzema

Malouda could easily come into CM for the French side.

England :

Hart

Johnson---Terry--Lescott---Cole

Milner--Gerrard--Parker--Downing The Ox

Young----Welbeck

Young will more then likely be playing off Welbeck and could provide the French problems, Diarra will ahve to be on his game to close him down at all opportunities.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Lass Diarra isn't in the squad .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lass Diarra isn't in the squad .

Where the F. did I get Lass Diarra from?

Was convinced he was in the squad.....quick edit on the cards. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is that England team confirmed?
    2-0 France me thinks, they look to be in good shape!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Think England will get something from this game by the sheer virtue that even their owns fans seem to have written off their chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

France'll hockey poor England. Should be a good enough game though.

• Advertisement

Is that England team confirmed?
    2-0 France me thinks, they look to be in good shape!

Nothing confirmed, just what I'm guessing.

We'll know in a few hours the confirmed line-up's.

I'm going for a France and Benzema anytime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Come on France!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

France'll hockey poor England. Should be a good enough game though.

Don't see any reason for this at all. France will be favourites but it will be 1-0 or 2-1 IMO and it would not be any major shock if england gets something from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

I reckon England will knick it, 1-0. Young with the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

It's not confirmed but it is as good as confirmed.

Only LW and CF are disputed really.

I really think Downing shouldn't start. England can't afford to have two 'functional' wingers. They desperately need invention in attack, and they won't get that form the wings. You know what Downing will do, and Milner (Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he's critical for the defending game), is only just good enough attacking-wise to be a threat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not sure about Young and Welbeck starting, otherwise looks just about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

score draw injuries all round

NinjaK wrote: »
    Come on France!
    Come on England!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Come on France!

even after Theirry Henry:confused:

Picked this up recently, so might give it a showing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPXM6VJx54BpBRr0efi7daDvXVg99P55MF3O5fS8ikFRxwFzlbMg

Lovely jersey IMO and one of Nike's best around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Are France good things at 6/4???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A day of confusion for staunch republicans - support them across the water or the cheating surrender monkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Viva Thierry!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

come on ENGLAND.

I love France. Great food, scenery and people. Lovely footballers too.

BUT

I've a lot more English friends than French. I support Chelsea for 40 years.
    Its a no - brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Is Yann M'Villa injured or something?

• Advertisement

Is Yann M'Villa injured or something?

Very doubtful, widely expected to miss this game, If he was playing I'd fancy France as a no brainer, hes an excellent player who offers some real presence in DM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A day of confusion for staunch republicans - support them across the water or the cheating surrender monkeys.

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Allez les Bleus :)

(I'd normally support England but the missus is French and I want to continue interest in the Euros once Ireland is dumped out!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I will be supporting our neighbours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

England to park the bus and grab a winner on the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Welbeck to score the winner , England 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,676 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

2-1 France for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

3-1 France,Benzema hatttrick,Young for england

• Advertisement

Ive got over the cheating monkey
    sw50sw8sw578.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Think England will play more of a 4-3-3 with Milner Parker and Gerrard central and Young, Walcott and Wellbeck up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

not keen on malouda at centre mid..other than that the french look very good and if they win well tonight,i think a lot of people will have them as favourites

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Think England will play more of a 4-3-3 with Milner Parker and Gerrard central and Young, Walcott and Wellbeck up front.

Doubt it , Hodgson would have tried that out in one of the friendlies if he planned on doing that .

4-4-1-1 is how i see them playing .

Got 2 bets going, France to win the Euro's 16/1 and Benzema top scorer also 16/1, €25 each.

So hoping for one or the other, didnt really fancy doing a France/Benzema so went for the above.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Couldnt find any England shirts in the shops, not even the english ones like Debenhams, Next and Marks - any idea where I can get one online?

1-1 for me

Couldnt find any England shirts in the shops, not even the english ones like Debenhams, Next and Marks - any idea where I can get one online?

www.prodirectsoccer.com

Always have jersies, prices can vary from good to expensive though, I've used them before, delivery is always relaible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Heavily involved in the French myself so hoping they set the tournament alight. Just look at the options they can introduce if needed- Menez, Valbuena and Giroud are all fantastic talents to bring off the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Sporstdirect have the away shirt for 15 sterling, got one myself, I and home for 25 (I think). Cheapest place I found for Ireland shirt too. Got my son one for 28.

On the game I am hoping for a win for England but expect a narrow defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Www.sportsdirect.com 50% off their home kit. Deliver via DHL.

There is also 10% dicount through some carslberg promo. Check the thread in "Bargain Alerts" thread re:sportsdirect.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

gavredking wrote: »
    Very doubtful, widely expected to miss this game, If he was playing I'd fancy France as a no brainer, hes an excellent player who offers some real presence in DM.

I'd feel the same, outstanding player. I'd love to see him at United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

The Ox to start?

He definitely should.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shano1888

gavredking wrote: »
    Got 2 bets going, France to win the Euro's 16/1 and Benzema top scorer also 16/1, €25 each.

So hoping for one or the other, didnt really fancy doing a France/Benzema so went for the above.

:pac:

Where are you being offered 16/1 on France O/R? In work so cant check; I thought the price was long gone. On France as well. Really fancy them this year and a little on Ribery for Player of the Tournament at 25s.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shano1888

England to get utterly humbled. 4-0; Benzema 2, Ribery 1 and an own goal from one of the chelski lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

They have older ones in Direct Sports for bout a tenner if that's any use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The Ox to start?

He definitely should.

Seems pretty certain. All the main English journos are saying it on Twitter. Of course that means nothing after the mare that Guillem "In The Know" Ballague had last night after saying he'd bet all his money on Torres starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

Seems pretty certain. All the main English journos are saying it on Twitter. Of course that means nothing after the mare that Guillem "In The Know" Ballague had last night after saying he'd bet all his money on Torres starting.

Probably a good move. England desperately need attacking outlets. Downing wouldn't provide that, seeing as he provides his club nothing but the opportunity to start with the correct number of players.

I wonder if Roy, who seems a fairly cultured fellow, has taken the opportunity to show his squad Ulsterman Kenneth Branagh's wonderful performance as Henry V? That should provide sufficient motivation for any band of Englishmen who look as if they are about to be enveloped by attacking Frenchmen :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Ha, that was brilliant. What a melon.

shano1888 wrote: »
    Where are you being offered 16/1 on France O/R? In work so cant check; I thought the price was long gone. On France as well. Really fancy them this year and a little on Ribery for Player of the Tournament at 25s.

I got it about 3 weeks ago, I asked my buddy to do it, so it was either online with PP or Boyle's

I think Ladbrokes were offering them at about 12's or 14's.

Edit : Dont know what price you could get on a French victory now, also bear in mind they'll play the 2nd team in our group which could be a banana skin if its either Spain or Italy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement