Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(UK) David Cameron and wife leave pub without their 8yo kid

• 11-06-2012 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

David Cameron mistakenly left his eight-year-old daughter in a pub by herself when he drove off without her, it was revealed last night.

The Prime Minister – who had been enjoying Sunday drinks with his family near Chequers – only realised his eldest daughter was missing when he arrived back at his official country residence.

The Camerons had been drinking at the Plough Inn, in Cadsden, Buckinghamshire, with their three children and two other families.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2157441/David-Cameron-wife-left-daughter-Nancy-8-pub-15-minutes.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

This has all the ingredients for a hillarious family comedy franchise. Well done David:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

How come we never see any of these kids in public with pixilated faces, poor things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks for sharing. And what's your own take on this news OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Horrendous parenting.

What they ought to have done was drugged the girl with cough syrup, and left her home alone with plenty of windows open while they enjoyed their drinks. Then they wouldn't have found themselves in this mess.

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

They are obviously unfit for parenthood, their children should be taken to foster care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That's leadership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Dad of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Rabble rabble outrage rabble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They are obviously unfit for parenthood, their children should be taken to foster care.

Your gimmick is old and tired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Perhaps he'll issue himself an ASBO. Once the kid stuck to beer and avoided shorts, no harm done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

My parents left my brother on the plane when they landed in Canada for a holiday. They were mortified when the tabloids got hold of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It was a simple mistake. My parents left my sister at home once by accident, they were back to collect her within ten minutes.

All the outrage is from people who are no doubt perfect parents, they never leave their child unattended for one second, I'm sure :rolleyes:

Giblet wrote: »
    First of all, you don't take children to the pub, secondly you do not get drunk in front of you children. David Cameron behaves like a council estate lowlife.

First of all, you don't take children to the pub, secondly you do not get drunk in front of you children. David Cameron behaves like a council estate lowlife.

Where does it says he was drunk :confused: It's not like they dragged the children along while they downed shots of tequila, they were out together for a family lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Trollbait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Giblet wrote: »
    Going out on a Sunday to a pub with your family isn't the equivalent to getting drunk. Merely an afternoon out with the family. My parents did it and many families do it. Just because you feel the need to equate it with such, doesn't make it true.

M cebee wrote: »
    Trollbait
    This might come as a shock for you but in many places around the world it is not acceptable to take your children to the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

This might come as a shock for you but in many places around the world it is not acceptable to take your children to the pub.

Well after living in the UK for 4 years, I can say that it is certainly acceptable and very normal for a family (including kids) to go to a pub for a Sunday lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Similar thing happened to me once I'll never forget it!

All of our family were going to Paris for our christmas holidays for the first time. Everyone was a bit stressed the night before because we were late packing etc. I ended up getting sent to my room early and when I woke up everyone had left without me! At first I thought it was just a prank but having checked the house I realised they had all left for the airport.

I thought that they'd be back soon so I just filled my time jumping on beds, watching movies and eating ice cream. But there was still no sign of them and on Christmas Eve 2 burglars tried to get into my house and they knew it was just me inside. Luckily I managed to outsmart them with some entertaining home made booby traps and I protected the house until my family came home.

Boy was I happy to see them!

The UK is not one of those places. Most places have children's menus now and it's perfectly acceptable to go to a pub for your Sunday Lunch. As it is here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

And none of his security/bodyguards noticed one of the family was missing until they arrived home? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

it is in the UK, and here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

If the parents were travelling in the same car I would be blaming them for letting this happen.
    Both parents thought the child was with the other one, mistakes happen and I'm just glad the child is ok.
    I don't think they are bad parents but naturally they will get a hard time over this.
    Nothing wrong with bringing kids to the pub for Sunday lunch but it's important to keep an eye on the little monster's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Right so, lets get this straight.

1-Off to the pub for drinks
    2-Drive home later after said drinks
    3-Accientally left kid in pub

Why is there no expansion on number 2? Who in fact was driving?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Doesn't the PM have a chauffeur?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

They were there for food not drinks

Their police driver drove them home

They're morons

If this happened to an unemployed couple in a council estate I guarantee that social services would take notice.

One rule for the 1%, another for the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

There's an old English saying. You don't buy a dog and bark yourself.

How much driving do you think the Prime Minister does?

He was driven home by security and she drove the kids in her car, she was not drinking I 'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Sounds like all of a sudden the Camerons are strutting around like the mofücking McCanns whassup!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Doesn't the PM have a chauffeur?

The article states: "David Cameron mistakenly left his eight-year-old daughter in a pub by herself when he drove off without her."

So doesn't make reference to one. Would be curious about the amount he had drank.

Or if it's just the Daily Mail getting a bit dramatic.

EDit:

Right seen another bit i skipped earlier here:

"The Prime Minister was driven back to Chequers, which is two miles from the pub, with protection officers in one car, while Mrs Cameron drove their other children in another."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Nothing worse than sitting in a pub with screaming brats wrecking the place and parents who obviously don't give a sh1t because they spend the whole day in there.

Fair enough go for your dinner and then leave. There are better places for children to be spending the entire afternoon than in the pub. I have seen children (4-5) in the pub until well after closing time-speaks volumes about how much of a sh1t some parents give about their children. The barman was trying to keep the child amused, while mammy sat flirting and posing. Sad state of affairs, but then it was more important for mammy to get a man, than to consider the welfare of her child.

Sounds like all of a sudden the Camerons are strutting around like the mofücking McCanns whassup!

Hardly the same thing tbf, it was a simple mix up over who the child was with.
    I'm sure they are both horrified for being so careless in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Very easy mistake to make when numerous cars are involved in bringing the family home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sure my old man walked out of a boozer without me once, I was working through a club orange and a packet of pub crisps so I was grand though. Could happen to a saint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If this happened to an unemployed couple in a council estate I guarantee that social services would take notice.

No they wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Really? Well it seems you see yourself as above others, no doubt worthy of preferential treatment......
    David Cameron behaves like a council estate lowlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Oh you do do you :rolleyes: would you like to provide evidence of this guarantee where every instance of this has been 'noticed' by social services?

Also - 1% of what? And what is that 1% consisting of?

Must try harder...troll academy will be turning in its grave ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Makes you think 'If he cant even look after his own child then how's he suppose to look after his nation'

Disgraceful you can be sure I wont be voting for him next election!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

tmc86 wrote: »
    Similar thing happened to me once I'll never forget it!

All of our family were going to Paris for our christmas holidays for the first time. Everyone was a bit stressed the night before because we were late packing etc. I ended up getting sent to my room early and when I woke up everyone had left without me! At first I thought it was just a prank but having checked the house I realised they had all left for the airport.

I thought that they'd be back soon so I just filled my time jumping on beds, watching movies and eating ice cream. But there was still no sign of them and on Christmas Eve 2 burglars tried to get into my house and they knew it was just me inside. Luckily I managed to outsmart them with some entertaining home made booby traps and I protected the house until my family came home.

Boy was I happy to see them!

Ah, but you're not the Prime Minister!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Really? Well it seems you see yourself as above others, no doubt worthy of preferential treatment......

There is no social demographic that Invader_Zimmy will not run down.

His preferences change from thread to thread...often post to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Ah so NOW you all want to believe what the Daily Mail writes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

So will Dave and Sam be taking a few of these Parenting Classes they've organised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I bet Investment over in the military thread was on this detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'd be more worried about the kid's face. She doesn't even have any eyes or a mouth. :eek:

So will Dave and Sam be taking a few of these Parenting Classes they've organised?

No need. One of their advisors can give them the link to this thread, the home of some perfect parents, for advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Makes you think 'If he cant even look after his own child then how's he suppose to look after his nation'

Disgraceful you can be sure I wont be voting for him next election!!!!

I don't consider Cameron to be a great Prime Minister however I wouldn't question his parenting ability. The man has faced the challenge of raising a child (alongside his wife of course) with Cerebral Palsy combined with epilepsy, only to have him die at the age of 6, I can honestly say this probably has resulted of him valuing the lives of his children to a higher degree than many loving parents. Call his politics into question but there's nothing wrong his parenting ability. This was an innocent mistake that could happen with anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

newport2 wrote: »
    Very easy mistake to make when numerous cars are involved in bringing the family home

You think that's an excuse?

How many kids do we have? 3

Hoe many are in the car? 2

Yeah I can see how that could be difficult alright... :rolleyes:

newport2 wrote: »

You think that's an excuse?

How many kids do we have? 3

Hoe many are in the car? 2

Yeah I can see how that could be difficult alright... :rolleyes:

Did you read the article at all? Samantha took one car home and presumed that the child was in the other car with David and vice versa.

The way some people are going on you'd swear they left her in a brothel. They're only human, they made a mistake and it could happen to any one of us. The only difference is it wouldn't be splashed all over the daily fail.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I don't consider Cameron to be a great Prime Minister however I wouldn't question his parenting ability. The man has faced the challenge of raising a child (alongside his wife of course) with Cerebral Palsy combined with epilepsy, only to have him die at the age of 6, I can honestly say this probably has resulted of him valuing the lives of his children to a higher degree than many loving parents. Call his politics into question but there's nothing wrong his parenting ability. This was innocent mistake that could happen with anyone.

It could, but take into account this site has a lot of posters who make no mistakes ever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement