Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steve wont reply and deburca problem

Options
  • 11-06-2012 10:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 455 ✭✭

i messaged steve appealing over a ban i got from the airsoft section, this was 2 or days ago, i still havent got a reply and he had been online answering and debating with people within those days! im annoyed he hasn't replied to me as ive been logging on waiting for the reply....

Also Deburca is on a power trip, he is banning people left right and centre for little problems which previous mods would only infract people for. its starting to get out of control, ive seen respected users being banned, in one case for bumping after 21 hours, really? hours in the difference and he gets banned? i just dont know....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

UMP45 myself and my fellow cmods shall review this and revert back please be patient as we are volunteers

Can you forward the message you sent steve please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 455 ✭✭UMP45

UMP45 myself and my fellow cmods shall review this and revert back please be patient as we are volunteers

Can you forward the message you sent steve please?

i will pm them to you know drifter

Recieved UMP45 thanks!

Steve as per PM can you send me on your input as well?

I'll review then. Will most likely be tomorrow at this stage.

Thanks

D

UMP45

When you received the red card from Deburca and the one week ban for dealing through facebook did you contact Deburca at all to dispute these issues?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 455 ✭✭UMP45

UMP45

When you received the red card from Deburca and the one week ban for dealing through facebook did you contact Deburca at all to dispute these issues?

i did, ill pm them now

• Advertisement

Ok I've had a look through it and discussed with fellow cmods, the original infractions are clear cut for off thread dealings which you admitted too yourself in the thread.

I would have considered reducing this as your posting history isnt bad and you are a decent contributor to the forum however!!

This pretty much sealed your faith

DEATH TO DEBURCA

This is against every charter on boards. A thread attacking a mod! Not called for , not allowed and not acceptable from any member of boards.ie

Steve even gave you a way out of this ban
    Moderator Note

I'll un-ban you when you apologise to DeBurca for the 'death to DeBurca' thread. Thanks.

Which i think was mighty generous of him as i wouldn't even entertain unbanning for this offence.

Your steps from here

1) Take Steve up on his offer and hope he hasnt changed his mind.
    2) Have admins review this issue as you are fully entitled to as part of the DRP process.

Thanks

D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Your steps from here

1) Take Steve up on his offer and hope he hasnt changed his mind.
    2) Have admins review this issue as you are fully entitled to as part of the DRP process.

DRP FOLLOW-UP

Please be advised that I am doing a follow-up on this DRP. Sports Cmod the drifter reviewed and decided not to reverse your Airsoft ban. He gave you the above two options.

Would you please advise if you plan to pursue the first option, or request an Admin review?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

NEW DEVELOPMENT AFFECTING THIS DRP:

UMP45 has been site banned for one week by Admin for re-registering to avoid the Airsoft ban. This is a serious and additional violation, and in this case, directly related to the ban appealed in this DRP. Given this compounding violation, the option to apologise for the highly abusive and bannable "DEATH TO DEBURCA!" OP in exchange for removing the ban is no longer viable, consequently, the permanent Airsoft ban stands.

Please be advised that this DRP review at the Sports Cmod level has been completed. UMP45 may request that this DRP be closed, or he may request an Admin review. Decision?

In any case, if UMP45 does not reply within 2 weeks following the expiration of his 1-week site ban, it is requested that the Admin close this DRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I've reviewed this issue on the assumption that it would be appealed, and find no reason to reverse the decision. Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement