Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues getting line connected at rental property.

Options
  • 11-06-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Here is my problem:

I am moving into a rental property on Thursday and need to get the phone line and broadband reconnected ASAP.
    I placed an order online with Eircom and received an email saying that they could not verify my address. I then phoned Eircom who told me that the previous tenants had left an account open with another provider and therefore could not reconnect the phone line.

I have spoken to the landlord who is unable to track the previous tenants, so I can't find out how to get the account closed.

The landlord says that there is no dial tone on the line so she can't dial 199800.

Will I need a new phone line installed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

khards wrote: »
    Here is my problem:

I am moving into a rental property on Thursday and need to get the phone line and broadband reconnected ASAP.
    I placed an order online with Eircom and received an email saying that they could not verify my address. I then phoned Eircom who told me that the previous tenants had left an account open with another provider and therefore could not reconnect the phone line.

I have spoken to the landlord who is unable to track the previous tenants, so I can't find out how to get the account closed.

The landlord says that there is no dial tone on the line so she can't dial 199800.

Will I need a new phone line installed?

Hi khards,

As per our PMs we are not able to match the address you are moving to on our system.

So in order to check all the phone line / broadband options would it be possible to get a telephone number for a line next door to see how it is listed on the eircom system?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭bgm13

Hi khards,

As per our PMs we are not able to match the address you are moving to on our system.

So in order to check all the phone line / broadband options would it be possible to get a telephone number for a line next door to see how it is listed on the eircom system?

Thanks, Mark

I am having pretty much the same problem, as my thread below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79287612#post79287612

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

bgm13 wrote: »
    I am having pretty much the same problem, as my thread below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79287612#post79287612

Hi bgm13,

Thanks for your post. If you need to activate your phoneline you just need to free call 1901 and ask Customer Care to setup your new phoneline.

If you don't have a phoneline already, Customer Care can check availability in your area. In nearly all cases they you should be able to activate or setup your phoneline within 5 - 10 working days. Once your phoneline is setup, they can check broadband availability in your area.

There is a current free promotion to activate or setup a new phoneline.

I can't speak for other telephone or Internet providers. In general though, you should just need to contact the provider in order to setup or activate a new phoneline.

Let me know if you need further assistance in setting up or activating your phone line /broadband.

Cheers Ant

Hi bgm13,

Thanks for your post. If you need to activate your phoneline you just need to free call 1901 and ask Customer Care to setup your new phoneline.

If you don't have a phoneline already, Customer Care can check availability in your area. In nearly all cases they you should be able to activate or setup your phoneline within 5 - 10 working days. Once your phoneline is setup, they can check broadband availability in your area.

I can't speak for other telephone or Internet providers. In general though, you should just need to contact the provider in order to setup or activate a new phoneline.

Let me know if you need further assistance in setting up or activating your phone line /broadband.

Cheers Ant

Ant,

We've tried this but to no avail. "Customer Care" are claiming they can't find the house via the number even though the house is littered with Eircom stamped phone connections.

If I PM you our number, could you look into it?

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Ant,

We've tried this but to no avail. "Customer Care" are claiming they can't find the house via the number even though the house is littered with Eircom stamped phone connections.

If I PM you our number, could you look into it?

Ben

Hi Ben,

If you PM your home address or any relevant details - or perhaps a previous Account or phone number, I will try to help you.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Advertisement

Hi Ben,

If you PM your home address or any relevant details - or perhaps a previous Account or phone number, I will try to help you.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Done, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Done, thanks.

Hi again,

Have replied in the other thread here.

Regards

James

Advertisement