Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think iv had enough, but thanks London for your adventures:)

Options
  • 11-06-2012 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hiy guys,

iv been having this argument with myself for a while now about going back to ireland for. Although i think it was a great experience to come here.

Im now at a strange point where i just think it would be better to be nearer home, Dublin at least. I kinda feel like im putting up with being here and now my boyfriends going back to brazil im not in great spirits. Iv lost the drive to find a new job as the one im in is going nowhere...

Not that i hate London, i like it ,,,but i just never loved it. Iv had great times

im nearly a year in july 5th,,have i given it a propper chance ?? id apriciate your thaughts,,,,Thank youuuu :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

what are the pros of coming back to ireland as far as you're concerned?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

have you a job to come back to? Ireland is a changed country, just make sure you are not looking at it with rose tinted glasses

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Sorry to hear that McKenzie, pm or text if you want to chat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ah McKenzie, good to find you ;)

Write out the pros and the cons of going/staying and weigh it up. If you do go, are there jobs, will you have support network? Things change in a year..

London love/hate can be in waves; you can always come back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Ah dont say that...................I want to move there soon and you are ruining it for me ha ha

Im joking of course. BUt when you do write out the pros to being in LOndon can you forward them to me.

cheers

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

aww Thanks for the advise :)....

well im gonna go home and if it soesnt work out in dublin il move back to London i guess,..Most of my friends are still around so i know they will be there through hard times .Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Yes it's not easy to live here sometimes, I find it a bit claustrophobic at times. At the same time there are so many things I'd miss if I went home. I think I will go home sooner or later though too.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

I lived and worked in London for nearly four years. I moved home in 2007, bought a house and spent nearly 3 years wishing i was anywhere but Ireland. I finally went back to visit London 1 month ago, and guess what, I am delighted I left London, its a great place, if you have money and a good social scene, however Ireland is a different animal altogether. You will struggle when you come home. Stick with it, Ireland is wonderfully unique.

How long have you been here brazilia NZ?

Yea :o sorry people i kinda got wrapped up in my own world of havvoc and dissapeared from boards then. (work and life in gen ):rolleyes:

Altho i have learned so much that one thing good london has opened up an inspiration to travel! I do not regret coming here.But sometimes its not so easy. My work and life balance arent the same.Iseem to have much more fun at home then i do here. in the words of my dad"im here for a good time..not a long time";)

But i think it depends. thats just me and my situations at the mo. London is a different experience for different people.

To be honest ,,im happy to go home now :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Mc Kenzie wrote: »

Yea :o sorry people i kinda got wrapped up in my own world of havvoc and dissapeared from boards then. (work and life in gen ):rolleyes:

Altho i have learned so much that one thing good london has opened up an inspiration to travel! I do not regret coming here.But sometimes its not so easy. My work and life balance arent the same.Iseem to have much more fun at home then i do here. in the words of my dad"im here for a good time..not a long time";)

But i think it depends. thats just me and my situations at the mo. London is a different experience for different people.

About a year and a half, I might go back in a year or two and buy somewhere to live in Dublin. My problem here is that I'm having too much fun, the partying scene here is too temptatious for someone like myself. Might be different if I wasn't single however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Mc Kenzie wrote: »

Sure only you truly know what's right for you, nobody else can tell you. Sleep on it for a couple of nights though.

If ye feel it's right to go back to Ireland, then cool do that, and then who knows where your mindset takes you after that, but I wish you well.

fluke wrote: »
    Sure only you truly know what's right for you, nobody else can tell you. Sleep on it for a couple of nights though.

If ye feel it's right to go back to Ireland, then cool do that, and then who knows where your mindset takes you after that, but I wish you well.

aww thanks so much. Its true and it took me a while to figure that out. :)

Advertisement